the fat bat project survives horrid shark attack

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

i want ride the fat bat

Poll ended at Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:54 pm

yes....pick me pick me
75%
i don't find kk that attractive
25%

Total votes: 20

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:40 pm

Probably will do the auction thing but I quite like her myself, I might cry if she went away :roll: :cry: If we find a worthy cause, I would gladly auction her off and donate the dollars to a charity..We ( realsurf guys ) should get together and help some people who need it , maybe some sick kids or the homeless, I am open to suggestions and like I said, glad to donate the boards selling price to a charity.... 8) :lol: :) 8) if we get some MORE footage, I will get someone to edit it and make a small dvd and could also donate those dollars.... 8)
Last edited by pridmore on Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:05 pm

MP there is no noticeable damage to the board except for a minor fracture on the rails, but it's not letting anything in. The tail llooks a little worse for wear but appears to have been reconstructed.

Cant wait to get out on her, should be good.

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:16 pm

Went out in wind affected north curly on the AB this morning about 11, with two mates.

Board went well, however with the terrible surf I lost interest after about an hour. One of my mates and I ended up going to BWS buying a case and sitting in the shade waiting for our third mate who had taken control of the AB to come back.

I found it a little big for my frame (about 75 kg) however the volume made it easy to paddle.

Also I was reading through the diary today, and I think I may give a few of you handwriting lessons, and Lessormore I may even introduce you to the lower case.

Cheers MP, unfortunately I've got work early tomorrow and an exam in the arvo, but will be catching up with butts later on next week for a good photo sesh.

lessormore
barnacle

gET oFF mY cASE(lOWER)!

Post by lessormore » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:59 am

TMC wrote:
Also I was reading through the diary today, and I think I may give a few of you handwriting lessons, and Lessormore I may even introduce you to the lower case.
iF tHATS sOME nEW sEXUAL gRATIFICATION tECHNIQUE i sUGGEST yOU tRY iT oUT eLSEWHERE----------iE- oN bUFFLES!!!!!!!!!!!!

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:17 am

good to hear you are having some fun on the board and passing it around with your mates too...I am sure the travel diary has some interesting stuff in there and no doubt some will be hard to decipher but that is ok, I hope there is a few jokes and weird little stories and stuff, drawings and whatever, all good ... 8) I have messaged BettyBoop and she will contact TMC soon to arrange the handover, maybe you could both meet up with Butts so you both can have some pics done ??? still need someone to take it south real sooso if anyone can help ,please let me know... 8)

betty boop
regular

Post by betty boop » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:21 pm

It's my turn?

hip. hip hooray!!

I am waiting for TMC to call.

Now, I can make friends with the surfing neighbours as I have board worth sharing.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:21 pm

betty boop wrote:It's my turn?

hip. hip hooray!!

Now, I can make friends with the surfing neighbours as I have board worth sharing.
maybe send him a PM ??? I havent been passing other peoples numbers or e-mails around, much rather the surfers make contact themselves and maybe even make some friends out of this, will be cool to have our first girl ride the AquaBat, hope we can get some pics too...

still very hopeful for some MORE footage from anybody if possible ???
8) :) 8)

betty boop
regular

Post by betty boop » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:56 pm

pridmore wrote:
betty boop wrote:It's my turn?

hip. hip hooray!!

maybe send him a PM ??? I havent been passing other peoples numbers or e-mails around, much rather the surfers make contact themselves and maybe even make some friends out of this, will be cool to have our first girl ride the AquaBat, hope we can get some pics too...

still very hopeful for some MORE footage from anybody if possible ???
8) :) 8)

TMC and I are very organised, and have already chatted. I should have my hot little hands on it by the weekend.

Beerfan

t

Post by Beerfan » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:09 am

When its ready to hit the gong, can you please post here, or better yet PM me please, or anyone else in the gong. Keen to try it out

pridmore
Owl status

Re: AquaBat flying south soon

Post by pridmore » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:22 am

Beerfan wrote:When its ready to hit the gong, can you please post here, or better yet PM me please, or anyone else in the gong. Keen to try it out
its ready soon, just need to get it there or at least a few link men to get it heading that way....let me know if you are keen or can help out please.... 8)

TMC, any pics or info for next update on my site ??? and Chrisp, do you have anything for me to ad also ??? pm please...cheers

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:42 pm

ok, here's the plan for the Bat, its currently with TMC and it is being pssed on to BettyBoop on the weekend, then its going to Oldman for a week max, he might be able to get a few other guys from his neck of the woods to have a few waves too ??? Then Faniel is going to come up from the Gong and take it south, its been around the northern beaches for a few months now so its time for itto move on, it might get back there later in the journey...who knows...still keen for it to go overseas if anyone is heading off, let me know please....Got only about dozen MORE the merrier t-shirts left, so if you are keen , please PM me... :) 8)

really need some pics and info from last few and current surfers please.... 8)

can you guys ( and gal )all make contact ith each other to arrange most suitable time to hand the board over...cheers... 8)

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:59 pm

Betty, will be in contact.

Faniel, I'll let you know when I've got it and who I pass it on to if I do.

Yours in surfing

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:30 pm

Mr Butts has got a photo sesh lined up with TMC and Isaac someone from down there who is a bit of a ripper from what I hear so heres hoping we have some nice shots to drool over tommorrow...that would be nice but nature hasnt been working in lately... 8)

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:01 pm

pridmore wrote:Mr Butts has got a photo sesh lined up with TMC and Isaac someone from down there who is a bit of a ripper from what I hear so heres hoping we have some nice shots to drool over tommorrow...that would be nice but nature hasnt been working in lately... 8)
Yep theres nothing like having photos of you being outsurfed by some little johnny come-lately

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:06 pm

TMC wrote:
pridmore wrote:Mr Butts has got a photo sesh lined up with TMC and Isaac someone from down there who is a bit of a ripper from what I hear so heres hoping we have some nice shots to drool over tommorrow...that would be nice but nature hasnt been working in lately... 8)
Yep theres nothing like having photos of you being outsurfed by some little johnny come-lately
you'll be going ok THC, you've has a few seshes to get used to the board and Butts will get some great shots i am sure, he is dissapointed with what he has been able to shoot with the bat so far.... 8) dunno the johnny come lately, anyone know his surname or anything about him...???

rightbrainpositive
Local

Post by rightbrainpositive » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:23 pm

TMC wrote:
So TMC, you going to bust out the mankini? :shock: :lol:

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:27 pm

rightbrainpositive wrote:
TMC wrote:
that goes without saying doesnt it....??? :shock: these pics could be interesting... :roll:

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:32 pm

pridmore wrote:
rightbrainpositive wrote:
TMC wrote:
that goes without saying doesnt it....??? :shock: these pics could be interesting... :roll:
jeeze guys it could be a bit cold, unlike you northern country this area can get cold from time to time.

And also it's never good to overdo a joke. Thats why my parents tried to smother me on my tenth birthday.

boom tish