Work that allows you to surf during the week

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:18 am

When its low tide and on the beachies it's pretty much impossible to surf full-stop as the rips are utter pigs.

High tide can often surprise you though, depends on the banks of course.

Although once it gets to this size Flinders and Westernport Bay start to get very good. I've surfed Flinders several times at 6ft and maybe once or twice at Pt Leo at this size (but this is a very rare event and only when you get the mix of a massive SW swell, decent winds and a rising tide thrown in). When it happens though it is incredibly good.

Gunnamatta was pretty good early on Sunday, 4-5ft, favorable rips but only at the first carpark, the banks at the second aren't too good at the moment.

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:32 pm

Ringmaster wrote:
Revolution wrote:
edit: i went into a whole barreling waves vs weak full slop but i thought cant be **** justifying myself.
I went into the whole teenager who recently started dabbling in bodyboarding/surfing around Sydney area and reckons he's an expert on all things surfing and tuberiding around the world but really wouldn't have a clue but I couldnt be f##ked................................
15 all

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:52 pm

Ringmaster wrote:
Revolution wrote:
edit: i went into a whole barreling waves vs weak full slop but i thought cant be **** justifying myself.
I went into the whole teenager who recently started dabbling in bodyboarding/surfing around Sydney area and reckons he's an expert on all things surfing and tuberiding around the world but really wouldn't have a clue but I couldnt be f##ked................................
Well arnt we both glad you didnt.

Marine Jacket Spud
Grommet

Post by Marine Jacket Spud » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:47 pm

I peel potato's in between sets and then after each wave hand them to the wife of the local fish and chip shop owner on the beach who takes them up to the fish and chip shop.

At the end of, say a good 3 hr sesh, where I have caught lots of good waves, I have also peeled plenty of potato's and the fish and chip shop pay me for my peeling duties.

If you don't believe me then watch this snippet:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=3fsevJ6iO ... re=related

:?

Longy
Grommet

Post by Longy » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:52 am

Im lucky enough to be have a job where twice a year im given a mountain of work & about 5 months to complete it, how much of that I complete each day depends entirely on what the waves are doing & how motivated I am. Waves firing?? no work today!! waves crapola? work today! Hungover?? no work today!! It is all face to face sales on the road, the only contact I have with my boss most days is an email at the end of the day with my daily report (which is easily fudged). As long as said work is completed after 5 months & targets are hit, happy days!! Whats even crazier is that im on a salary & automatically get paid from 8.30am to 5.00pm every day, so if im getting barrelled at 10 in the morning, im actually earning money.

Like the sound of this lifestyle?? Down tools boys, get into sales or repping, you'll have never had so much free surfing time in your life.

Longy
Grommet

Post by Longy » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:43 am

gold, smmmnnntttmmmllltttllnn, gold brother ha ha ha :D

hit the nail on the head mate, its shameful i know. but its all i can do, shyt with my hands you see.

ahh well, theres my cab, off to the Bukit for a coupla weeks. take care :wink:

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:33 pm

Longy wrote:gold, smmmnnntttmmmllltttllnn, gold brother ha ha ha :D

hit the nail on the head mate, its shameful i know. but its all i can do, shyt with my hands you see.

ahh well, theres my cab, off to the Bukit for a coupla weeks. take care :wink:
yeah, well anyway :( ...

Applied for a new job.

Anyone on the HR panel at Sutherland Hospital?