Kurungabaa

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Larry
barnacle

Re: Kurungabaa

Post by Larry » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:29 pm

Que means what ron,

so what what ?

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:37 pm

your stories for the mag

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:47 pm

This has been a difficult page fellas. Now Darlys in it, i wonder where it will go..
------------
BA (on Realsurf) wrote: It's the wild west with a bit more homo-eroticism.

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:53 pm

que?

Deesee
barnacle

Post by Deesee » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:08 pm

Rockin' Ron wrote:
Deesee wrote: I was lucky cause surfers never used hassle me
:?:
Blonde hair, blue eyes and quite a friendly manner out in the pack. I got on well with everyone, and had the "right" physical appearance to do so at the time.

I went to a school which wasn't just made of local kids (unlike most surf suburb based local public high schools). One of the major problems was that the younger Cronulla locals thought their social standing at the local high school play ground worked out in public on the weekend. Some of these gangster kids a pretty tough and would love nothing more than one on one biffo, but it never pans out that way as when you're by your self, there's no need to show off. When groups are involved, it can end terribly.

I reluctantly caught the train to the beach with 4 hard nut Riverwood houso's once (my neighbour who was a good surfer went to school with them and invited them along), and i knew it was going to be trouble once we met at the station - not because they were looking for trouble, but they were just not wearing acceptable Shire attire for the times (they liked Addidas and Nike as opposed to Quick, Rip and Bill).

We get off the train, have a surf then it's time to go home. Walking back to the station along where North Cronulla rock pools are, we walk past a group of about 8 locals sitting along the wall. One sticks his foot out in an attempt to trip a Rivo over and says "f#ck off westie". I was about 3 metres behind and knew it was going to be on. These guys didn't look for name calling arguments "go on hit me" rubbish, it was straight up no warning brawling. Half of them had no time to get up before they'd been kicked into the wall in front of hundreds of beach goers (very violent and bloody) - the others ran off, their skateboards collected as trophies and potential weapons, as they knew the ones who ran off would probably call for back and try and sort it out at the local train station.

Round 2 never came, and for about 2 months afterwards i thought i'd be jumped in retaliation as my mate and i used to see these local all the time, but we were never approached.

When i saw that Cronulla riot footage years ago i thought "Oh dear, these guys have no idea what they're doing". You're dealing with a culture who don't forgive and forget. My bro in law is a cop out of Bankstown and he was involved in turning car loads of them back that day. I guarantee that if the cops had let them through, they would've loved to have sorted it out. A couple of hundred of them WOULD take on the whole mob that day, and WOULD probably walk away not as hurt. The police stopped it - they weren't scared. I'm not sticking up for them, i just have been exposed to the way it works more than a local who's lived and been schooled around surf social culture their whole lives.

I can tell you some real horror stories from these gangs.
If it feels good, do it.

vb
Local

Post by vb » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:38 pm

One of the first extensions planned to the suburban rail system in the early 1900s was Hornsby to Mona Vale. Thank fcuk we're still waiting

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:43 pm

give us a yarn Ron, let one out mate .. not here though

that's what I'm getting at - why are you f.ckers so shy about writing off forums .. it's not as if you don't want to be read - just look at your post numbers, there are PLENTY of stories here.

ok ?

pete

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:43 pm

As one who has escaped "da Shoire" many moons ago the it's abt 99.9% full of shit. (much less that they aren't interested and don't care abt the big world out there). EOS (akin to "above ze bends").

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:46 pm

Ahh, this is what Realsurf is about. A few old blokes writing each other off. Making no sense. Using cryptic speak. Talking down to one another. Spitting vitriol. Big noting oneself. It has nothing to do with surfing! And the thread is about a surfing mag. Well done, chaps. :lol:
------------
BA (on Realsurf) wrote: It's the wild west with a bit more homo-eroticism.

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:58 pm

dinosaur wrote:here's a story of me going for a surf pete.

http://vimeo.com/5213776
Nice ending.

Knew you were a pasty fcuker.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:22 am

Double posting it Dino.

Bit proud of it?

Hope your not a one trick pony.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

LONGINUS
barnacle

Post by LONGINUS » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:27 am

Dino, your mums going to go nuts when she finds out you borrowed her camera without asking. You have a great eye for film making, I can imagine Ivan Milat making something like this when he was a kid as well.
salty wrote:Surfing Atlas WTF? ...I have to pay a sign-up fee in order to expose to the masses, pictures of and directions to my favorite breaks! http://www.surfingatlas.com

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:15 am

dinosaur wrote:yeah thats me alright bwaaaad.

gee your a ****
Listen up Ivan , you tool , I'm talking about your pasty white mittens waxing your board.

The guy the end is way too good looking to be you Ivan.......you fcking post punkoid freak.

And it's you're a ..... not "your"..... sorearse brain.

Did you go out? ...... Sth Av looked a little too big and mean for you. Hmmmm prob not.

Got a little woody though filming the ending didn't ya Mils? :twisted:

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:59 am

Coops@DY wrote:Ahh, this is what Realsurf is about. A few old blokes writing each other off. Making no sense. Using cryptic speak. Talking down to one another. Spitting vitriol. Big noting oneself. It has nothing to do with surfing! And the thread is about a surfing mag. Well done, chaps. :lol:
Eh Coops, that's the real literary world for sure. RS is no different.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:13 am

Rockin' Ron wrote:
Larry wrote:Que means what ron,

so what what ?
Yes it does mean what. As in what are you talking about? Allow me to elucidate...
Larry wrote:so where's your shit ron ? I'm running on empty
Rockin' Ron wrote:que?
So I am asking you "what?" As in "what are you talking about Larry, old fruit?" using the spanish word 'que' which, roughly or precisely translated, means 'what'.

('que' has slipped into the modern vernacular these days, I suspect due to the broadcasting success of Fawlty Towers. It may also have something to do with the influence of hispanic culture in the United States, but I digress...)

However...silence...then:
Rockin' Ron wrote:
ya gonna answer my question laz?
then...
Larry wrote:Que means what ron,

so what what ?
and so here we are back at square one. So again, what was this question
in reference to?

just for you coops
Ron, Larry,

I've had many conversations like this, but only when stoned.

Was that your excuse? :lol:
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

kuba
regular

Post by kuba » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:04 pm

I'm not sure if this counts a spam, but it may be of interest to readers of this topic (mods, please remove if this ain't allowed)... The good people of Kurungabaa have kindly allowed my bookshop to sell the latest issue of Kurungabaa.
The shop's called Desire Books and it's on Whistler St, Manly. www.desirebooks.com.au. Copies are limited... 8)
-K

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:07 am

i just realised you're that kuba, kuba - we were in competition for that thing. anyway, what's your children's section like? i'm only interested in children's books now. surfing's useless.

kuba
regular

Post by kuba » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:51 pm

children's section is pretty good. we're building it up; my wife's a kid's books freak. surfing books are hard to come by. anyone got any to sell us?