Getting Attacked by sharks during your menstrual cycle

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Getting Attacked by sharks during your menstrual cycle

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:32 am

Hahahaha... so do any chicks worry about this or is it just me !!!

streetdaddy
Local

Post by streetdaddy » Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:17 pm

could it really be any worse than getting a little cut jumping of the rocks? In reality I would've surfed with little cuts all the time, probably without realising...

I guess if there are any earplug manufacturer's lurking around the forums they might consider a new product line :lol:

jackjackjack

Post by jackjackjack » Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:41 pm

Are you for real? Im not a woman, and i never have been, so i wouldn't have a clue. But from what i've heard, nothing really 'seeps' out into the water does it?

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Wed Feb 04, 2004 1:17 pm

I must say that I have read it in shark attacks prevention warnings. Other risky bahaviour includes:-
1. Pissing in the water ( a sign to a shark of an animal in distress)
2. Open cuts, menstruating (sharks can sense blood one kilometre away).
3. Swimming with dogs, horses (they emit more "food" signs than humans).
4. Dawn/dusk surfing etc. etc.etc.

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:50 pm

if any of you girls are worried about it, ill sacrafice myself and put a block of pilchards in my wetsuit so they stay away from you.
seriously tho, been bleeding in the water from reef cuts heaps and never been eaten (yet) dont worry about it too much
Oscar Wilde - "I am not young enough to know everything"

Shari
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shari » Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:48 pm

Of the girls I'ved asked, quite a few of them stay out of the water on the "worst" day. Paranoid? Maybe, but the location and scale of the unlikely injury is enough to make me just a little nervous.

Guys seem to say that it's stupid to worry about but then it's not them that's playing decoy is it?

chookie

heeheeheehahahaheheeheeheehahaha

Post by chookie » Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:44 am

jackjackjack wrote:Are you for real? Im not a woman, and i never have been, so i wouldn't have a clue. But from what i've heard, nothing really 'seeps' out into the water does it?
ahaha ahahahaha ahaha ahahahaha... ahem... i, uh, yeah... 8)

LOVE YA GUTS BRO!

Chookie xox

Shari
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shari » Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:00 am

Hey, I think this is a bit of a problem as I never surf the first 2 days unless I have to - like a badly planned holiday or whatever. I'd be interested to hear other girls' opinions.

Morty
regular

Post by Morty » Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:11 pm

Great question! As far as does it leak out....well, I hate to tell you, but it does. I reckon we'd definately be more vunerable at that time. Personally, I make sure I have my little tube wetsuit on at that time. It probably doesnt help a scap, but in my head I feel safer.

Also.........without sounding really gross...........replace it before paddling out....if you know what I mean!

nubby
charger

Post by nubby » Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:07 pm

ladies....i thought us blokes got off lightly cause we only had to sit down to go to the toilet half the time........but now im sensing thats really just the tip off the iceberg?

hammer time

Post by hammer time » Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:23 pm

this is filth. but keep goin..

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:44 pm

i dont reckon a shark would wanna mess with a chick with PMs..hey ya no y they called it PMS dontchya...mad-cow disease was taken...

chookie

Post by chookie » Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:18 pm

good work.... not.... :roll:

Snoopstah
regular

Post by Snoopstah » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:19 pm

i think chrisb was right when he said sharks can ''sense" blood.. the body isn't exactly an iron barrier and sharkys' schnousers are pretty good.
Kinda like how a dog can pick up on it too. I am sure the nice little shark can pick up on it a lot better than any dog I know. I tend to avoid the water on my worst day, otherwise I sit out there paranoid, cramping and outright grumpy! Not to mention that I lose all co-ordination for a couple of days so just get frustrated with my lack of skill (not that there is much to start with.....)

joshalohasurf

Post by joshalohasurf » Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:59 am

EWWWWWWW

wrestlergrrl

Post by wrestlergrrl » Sat May 01, 2004 11:08 am

I've never really worried about it. There are these things called tampons. They work a treat. Plus, I figure that as long as there are guys out farther than me they'll get eaten first. I might attract the sharks but once they're in a school of people they'll go for the closest one...