What would you ask 'em? A request

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

wanto
barnacle

Post by wanto » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:03 pm

Buff_Brad wrote:
daryl wrote:
Buff_Brad wrote:
daryl wrote:
Buff_Brad wrote: Get over all you tall poppy syndrome whingers. To substitute Marx with something even more simplistic.....it's supply vrs demand and that's all our capitalistic society depends upon. We all are responsible for the growth of the big three.........even you Larry you hypocritical hippy. You by choosing to live in Sydney (northern beaches) indirectly contribute to Rip Curl whom you hate so much (hell really knows why?) .......... ie you reap the benefits of an infrastructure that supports such companies.

Get over it and don't waste your collective lives.......

Now what about those cnuting artificial reefs Quikwankers??? :twisted:
My part of our 'collective lives' has seen me spend half my life slaving in cancer labs or studying so some **** can keep on wasting space :shock: .
Get a job a Macquarie Bank then and make some $$$ . Those fcukwits would probably hire you.
thought it was pretty clear I don't wanna waste my life I actually prefer doing something that puts back in for other people :shock:
Then it's prob best not to use the term ..... "slaving" if you prefer doing something that blah blah blah...... thus it wouldn't be that confusing. :idea:
oh jesus would you plebs stop quoting each other ffs!

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:06 pm

wanto wrote:
Buff_Brad wrote:
daryl wrote:
Buff_Brad wrote:
daryl wrote: My part of our 'collective lives' has seen me spend half my life slaving in cancer labs or studying so some **** can keep on wasting space :shock: .
Get a job a Macquarie Bank then and make some $$$ . Those fcukwits would probably hire you.
thought it was pretty clear I don't wanna waste my life I actually prefer doing something that puts back in for other people :shock:
Then it's prob best not to use the term ..... "slaving" if you prefer doing something that blah blah blah...... thus it wouldn't be that confusing. :idea:
i like it :x :shock: :?: :roll:

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:38 pm

Ringmaster wrote:
mustkillmulloway wrote:
wanto wrote:
Buff_Brad wrote:
daryl wrote: thought it was pretty clear I don't wanna waste my life I actually prefer doing something that puts back in for other people :shock:
Who said what :?: :?: :?:
now it's gone too far and is just silly :roll:

p.s vicco don't barrel

Hano
Local

Post by Hano » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:39 pm

Judging by Mr Carroll’s transcript I get the feeling Ridgway and Kay are still hurting over Little Johnny Hoards unanimous dismissal, and MR….well… he is from Newcastle. There is nothing there so far to suggest that they have any genuine concerns outside their profit margins

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:01 pm

Clif wrote:...........................
as for craving surf "product", nah. heaps of crew don't. i wouldn't buy/wear their sh1t if they paid me ... i am trying to consume ethically as much as possible lately.
An idea that I try to promote as well Clif. I hate giving my custom to any company that just won't deliver. I own a couple of items of clothing at most from the big surf companies.

I was contemplating the comment that the surf companies are 'joined at the hip' to surfers.

I've realised that my connection with those companies is as limited as it can be, probably confined to wetsuits and leggies, which are a bit hard to source outside the big companies.

I'm hardly connected at all, and in my mind there is no connection. Makes me think that I mustn't be a surfer by their definition.

Fair enough

wanto
barnacle

Post by wanto » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:32 pm

mustkillmulloway wrote:
wanto wrote:
Buff_Brad wrote:
daryl wrote:
Buff_Brad wrote: Get a job a Macquarie Bank then and make some $$$ . Those fcukwits would probably hire you.
you would, pleb guru.

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:33 pm

i love the idea of not wearing or using stuff if they wanted to pay you to. in one of my favourite daydreams i'm the world's best surfer but i refuse to endorse any products. i have no interest in getting rich or appearing in ads in mags or on billboards, but i don't mind getting amongst it in the comps at pipe, j-bay, hossegor and so on. and of course i thrash everyone on a second-hand board i pick up in the surf shop closest to the beach on the day before the event. i arrive at the event site on a bus or bicycle, a big backpack full of all my belongings (mostly books) on my back. i wear hand-me-downs and rags i pick up at vinnie's. kelly and andy hate me. but they love me too. i poo in the hole when they're teeing off, and run into the bushes cracking up laughing. the surf industry bigwigs hate me. they don't love me at all. it's just a daydream. it keeps me going.

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:46 pm

real enuf for some folks on a good day

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:56 pm

Lucky Al wrote:i love the idea of not wearing or using stuff if they wanted to pay you to. in one of my favourite daydreams i'm the world's best surfer but i refuse to endorse any products. i have no interest in getting rich or appearing in ads in mags or on billboards, but i don't mind getting amongst it in the comps at pipe, j-bay, hossegor and so on. and of course i thrash everyone on a second-hand board i pick up in the surf shop closest to the beach on the day before the event. i arrive at the event site on a bus or bicycle, a big backpack full of all my belongings (mostly books) on my back. i wear hand-me-downs and rags i pick up at vinnie's. kelly and andy hate me. but they love me too. i poo in the hole when they're teeing off, and run into the bushes cracking up laughing. the surf industry bigwigs hate me. they don't love me at all. it's just a daydream. it keeps me going.
apart from the top surfer part ... it sounds like the blokes I met at the RS BBQ .... you know the clothes and sh!ttin' in a hole ..

Clif
barnacle

Post by Clif » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:12 pm

hahahahhaa

I have had thats same dream too when I was a grom Al
:lol:

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:52 pm

mustkillmulloway wrote:
wanto wrote:
Buff_Brad wrote:
daryl wrote:
Buff_Brad wrote: Get a job a Macquarie Bank then and make some $$$ . Those fcukwits would probably hire you.
Yeah an we git us cred up so what?

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:55 pm

Surfin Turf wrote:
Lucky Al wrote:i love the idea of not wearing or using stuff if they wanted to pay you to. in one of my favourite daydreams i'm the world's best surfer but i refuse to endorse any products. i have no interest in getting rich or appearing in ads in mags or on billboards, but i don't mind getting amongst it in the comps at pipe, j-bay, hossegor and so on. and of course i thrash everyone on a second-hand board i pick up in the surf shop closest to the beach on the day before the event. i arrive at the event site on a bus or bicycle, a big backpack full of all my belongings (mostly books) on my back. i wear hand-me-downs and rags i pick up at vinnie's. kelly and andy hate me. but they love me too. i poo in the hole when they're teeing off, and run into the bushes cracking up laughing. the surf industry bigwigs hate me. they don't love me at all. it's just a daydream. it keeps me going.
apart from the top surfer part ... it sounds like the blokes I met at the RS BBQ .... you know the clothes and sh!ttin' in a hole ..
And what's your genre?

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:07 pm

turf lord wrote:apart from the top surfer part ... it sounds like the blokes I met at the RS BBQ .... you know the clothes and sh!ttin' in a hole ..
puurri wrote:And what's your genre?
He’s lord o’ the lawn and I’m green with envy.

How many deadly sins are there now?

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:13 pm

ric_vidal wrote:
turf lord wrote:apart from the top surfer part ... it sounds like the blokes I met at the RS BBQ .... you know the clothes and sh!ttin' in a hole ..
He’s lord o’ the lawn and I’m green with envy.

Greenie envy.

AlbyAl
regular

Post by AlbyAl » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:57 pm

So,
mustkillmulloway wrote to wanto wrote to Buff_Brad wrote to daryl wrote to Buff_Brad wrote to daryl wrote to Buff_Brad wrote to purri. etc 300+ posts etc

This topic is obviously a hot one: surfers who are prepared to write to other surfers dislike large surfing companies and their motives.

The Bruce Raymond response about the surfer consumer umbillically attaching their wallet to QUikRipBong suggests that bulk surfers are indeed happy with the feelthy product, and they aren't represented strongly in these pages. ANd QuikRipBong don't want to overdo the environmental commitment because the average surfer-consumer might be put off by the sudden Greenness. (not hip enough yet)

It might take an extra half-metre of water sloshing over some favourite reefs, and a few million dislocated people struggling away from low-lands to wake the big companies up, but unless something frickin major happens in a hurry - the current hyped surfing product is going to look wierdly irresponsible and profligate soon. Thoughtful scribes herein will be vindicated!
maintain the crankiness maintain the crankiness doom doom thrice doom (someone slap me please)

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:43 pm

what was the next question, nick?!

cambo
regular

Post by cambo » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:33 am

AlbyAl wrote: This topic is obviously a hot one: surfers who are prepared to write to other surfers dislike large surfing companies and their motives.
http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.c ... porations/ plus following comments :roll:

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:27 am

bad clothes and hated by surf companies I'm afraid .... :cry: ...
but remembering the last BBQ at Narra ... no toilets .... and at the chrissy drinks .... couldn't get near the toilets due to the crowd of people queing up to have sex in the cubicles .... so maybe I'll have to sh!t in a hole at some point .... :roll:
ric_vidal wrote:He’s lord o’ the lawn and I’m green with envy.

15 now ... the latest being .... thow shant grub thy neighbours turf ...

on this topic , it seems to me that the old blokes who don't like what the surf industry has become are the blokes who were supporting it to become what it is, by buying all the stuff back in the day ... and the blokes who have done well from it and made it what it is , don't like the suggestion that the blokes who paid for it along the way don't like what they've done to it .... short memories or just grubs .... :?: