SORRY!

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:46 pm

Buff_Brad wrote:
TMC wrote:
Buff_Brad wrote:
I'm "sorry" I bothered to read your lame and ludicrous response.

I guess it's a start, at least your apologising for something that you were responsible for.
You don't have to be responsible for something to say "sorry" dimwit. Jesus Christ there's some stupid , uncompassionate fcukwits on this site. Teeny Meeny Coc.k just admit it....... you're afraid of Aborigines.
Ohh wow

Well done Freud, you've identified my deep seeded fear for of the aboriginal people, which i can only express through a logical argument against saying "sorry" for injustices which i have no responsibility for.

However it becomes sad when one must make ludicrous accusations about the size of their oppositions phallus (possibly to compensate for their own inadequacies) in order to win an argument.

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:49 pm

austeve wrote:I agree with the apology to those that were wrongfully removed from their families etc , but also hindsight is a great thing.
Does anyone else not think that maybe the governments of the time thought they were doing the kids a favour by trying to protect them from abuse , neglect & trying to give them a shot at an education etc.
For the last few months there has been outrage at kids , both black & white , who have died , been raped , have drug/alcohol problems & DOCS etc have known about the situation & not removed them from the danger.
Unfortunately some people , of any race, just shouldn't have kids & these poor little buggers have no real chance from their first breath.Sure mistakes are made on both sides but I do think that most of the time they are only trying to give the kids a fair crack.
Comparing people being removed from homes due to the colour of their skin to kids being taken from troubles homes is down right rediculous.

Felix
Local

Post by Felix » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:51 pm

I agree unreservedly with the apology and would like to say 'sorry' personally. I hope that aboriginal Australians will forgive the misdeeds inflicted upon them. I think compensation would help....and a treaty would be appropriate.

I also think that it is wrong and counter productive to call people who do not agree with the apology; racists, bigots, idiots and the like. It is a form of Godwin's Law, where online arguments are ended when one party calls the other a Nazi. It doesn't change the way people think. A part of reconciliation is to celebrate our diversity as well as our similarity.

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:53 pm

pinhead wrote:How do we deal with the contradiction I don't know. Apologise yeah sure, but follow it to it's logical conclusion and we are back to invaders and the invaded. Any answers to this one I'm interested to hear
Trouble is, how far back do we go?

Don’t profess to know the history, but ‘tribes’, and ‘civilisations’ if you will, have taken and conquered since time began.

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:56 pm

2nd Reef wrote:
TMC wrote:To all of those who beleive in aboriginal reconcilliation i ask you, what do you honestly think will happen now that the all important word has been uttered

Hey TMC!

You ever seen a murder trial on the nightly news and the victim's family needs to see the convicted murderer show some remorse for their deed? Instead of concentrating on their own grieving and loss they focus on the reaction of the perpetrator.

Why do the victim's family do that? What does it matter? Their loved one isn't coming back...ever.

It's because contrition and remorse help in the healing of the victims. It is common to all human's in such situations.

I imagine today's apology will give closure to the many people stolen from their families, and I support it wholeheartedly.
That is a very good analogy

However you mentioned that "the family" need to see the victims killer show remorse. However to put your anaolgy into a suitable context it would actually be the killers grandson showing remorse, rather than the killer itself.

And in that context the remorse is rather meaningless.

The problem with this whole argument is that it revolves totally around human emotions, and as such neither side will ever grow to accept the validity of the others argument, as both are emotionally justifiable.

But im still right

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:56 pm

Revolution wrote:Comparing people being removed from homes due to the colour of their skin to kids being taken from troubles homes is down right rediculous.
You might want to learn more then, to the best of my knowledge it happened irrespective of skin colour, not because of it.

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:57 pm

Pinhead,
as per Fong's comment & compensation.
Compensation is not just $, returning land is also a form of compensation.
Writing a cheque for $200M would be blood money, and also putting a price on freedom, beliefs, lives etc. Not that it's my place to say but $ could be used to fund housing health education etc improvements. Overseen, said communties manage funds. Encouragement to complete secondary and tertiary education so said people can run those services etc.
But start with returning of land, rights of management of other lands, right of title, and more opportunities for seats in parliment to represent various peoples.

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:00 pm

Shaunm wrote:Pinhead,
as per Fong's comment & compensation.
Compensation is not just $, returning land is also a form of compensation.
Writing a cheque for $200M would be blood money, and also putting a price on freedom, beliefs, lives etc. Not that it's my place to say but $ could be used to fund housing health education etc improvements. Overseen, said communties manage funds. Encouragement to complete secondary and tertiary education so said people can run those services etc.
But start with returning of land, rights of management of other lands, right of title, and more opportunities for seats in parliment to represent various peoples.
But Shaum the question still stands. at what point do you say enough is enough

Furthermore who is to say what would be suitable compensation?

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:18 pm

Felix wrote:I also think that it is wrong and counter productive to call people who do not agree with the apology; racists, bigots, idiots and the like. It is a form of Godwin's Law, where online arguments are ended when one party calls the other a Nazi. It doesn't change the way people think. A part of reconciliation is to celebrate our diversity as well as our similarity.
But Felix I genuinely believe that people who do not agree with the apology either unintelligent , racist and/or stupid. I'm part of your beautiful diversity of opinion.

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:26 pm

Buff_Brad wrote: But Felix I genuinely believe that people who do not agree with the apology either unintelligent, racist and/or stupid.
:idea:

Thankyou for that BB

I was looking for a perfect definition of ignorance.

Also could you please explain how someone would go about being unintelligent whilst not being stupid? :lol:

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:28 pm

TMC wrote:However it becomes sad when one must make ludicrous accusations about the size of their oppositions phallus (possibly to compensate for their own inadequacies) in order to win an argument.
I won the argument way before I accused you of having an itsy bitsy Tiny Meeny C.ock......T.M.C.

SORRY IS A FORM OF REGRET AND THAT IS HOW IT HAS BEEN USED IN TODAY'S HISTORICAL INSTANCE.

As for legal ramifications etc ....... THEY ARE ACTUALLY IRRELEVANT TO RUDD'S SPEECH. ANYONE WITH A BASIC KNOWLEDGE OF LAW UNDERSTANDS THAT.(hey Felix ....that's where the "stupid" bit comes in).

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:32 pm

TMC wrote: Also could you please explain how someone would go about being unintelligent whilst not being stupid? :lol:
An ant is unintelligent but not stupid. You are both along with an ant-like phallus.

Felix
Local

Post by Felix » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:32 pm

All the world's a little strange, save thee and me....and even thee's a little odd.

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:33 pm

Buff_Brad wrote:SORRY IS A FORM OF REGRET...).
hahahahaha you have just demonstrated your amazing grasp of the english language, only further devaluing your argument on symantics
Buff_Brad wrote: As for legal ramifications etc ....... THEY ARE ACTUALLY IRRELEVANT TO RUDD'S SPEECH. ANYONE WITH A BASIC KNOWLEDGE OF LAW UNDERSTANDS THAT.(hey Felix ....that's where the "stupid" bit comes in).
I wish i could live in your polically correct fantasy land, where legal ramifications and compensation claims were irrelevant to a nations future.

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:37 pm

And how do you know ants are unintelligent, or that they are stupid for that matter?

Just because you cant communicate with them doesnt mean that they are stupid :lol:

For an equal rights activist you're not very accepting of those who are different :!:

porca
regular

Post by porca » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:38 pm

Iam sorry.

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:41 pm

^^Ants communicate with faramones.

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:43 pm

Coops@DY wrote:^^Ants communicate with faramones.
oh I love those guys:

Hey ho, let's go
Hey ho, let's go

They're forming in a straight line
They're going through a tight wind
The kids are losing their minds
The Blitzkrieg Bop