At least he died doing what he loved

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

wanto
barnacle

Post by wanto » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:28 pm

definitely something more sinister .. time to call the hardly boys!!

wanto
barnacle

Post by wanto » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:58 am

funny shit. i was at church point the other day and the bottle-o was going off! event more than the 6 pack express from palmy ;)

stoive
barnacle

Post by stoive » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:15 pm

really dinosaur? I live reasonably close to Church point and haven't heard anything of the sort :roll:

vb
Local

Post by vb » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:11 pm

yeah iggster; pull it up on Google Earth and it looks more like Australia Island (on acid). You'll find a great selection of homes for sale there ... agents take them across on a balmy spring week day and it's not long before the hassles of weekend parking (car and tinny), storms,drought, ticks, lantana, roof-threatening spotted gums and everything else smnmntl mentioned has them tacking up the signs. Good luck to em

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:51 am

dinosaur wrote: I really really hate that eye rolling emotifong.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

p.s thats all...run out :roll:

bookster
barnacle

Post by bookster » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:21 pm

I believe Piers Akerman lives on Scotland Island...

if that's the type of resident, I never wanna go there.

The Oracle
regular

Post by The Oracle » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:21 pm

dinosaur wrote:Have you ever seen the dog race? It's the nadir of scotland island social life. The dogs swim from church point to S I, or the other way cant remember. Anyway all these pissed up feralnecks goading, cajoling and forcing their poor stinking mutts to swim about 2k's. Then they party like it's 1974, (for many of them it always will be) Should see the shit eating grin on the deluded cnut that wins it. Happier than a pig with a mouth full of shit.
My folks raced a bitsa there about 25 years ago, it came in 2nd but they reckon it'd been got at - got outa the water and was spewing up (as do I after a 600m swim, mind you) junk that they hadn't fed it, and the winner's owner was a bit of a sly bastard...

stoive
barnacle

Post by stoive » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:33 pm

well i guess i shouldn't have doubted it, not being very involved in their community myself

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:59 pm

Nah Piers lives in Lovett Bay.

You guys should come for a paddleboard session around Scotland Island some time, it's fun, they shoot air rifles at you and if it's evening, you can hear creatures screaming in the woods.

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:53 pm

:lol:

wanto
barnacle

Post by wanto » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:23 pm

merkin that's such an awesome clip. i love that movie.

Sleepy
regular

Post by Sleepy » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:48 pm

Having worked right near there for years, and having experienced multiple dog races I can assure you that everything that's been said about the Island is true. It's a crazy place, a place where some of Sydney's wealthiest mix with some of Sydney's boganest. I've had a smashed long neck waved in my face by one of the larger locals. On another occassion I was threatened with a skull f-cking by a different local off his face on drugs. I've watched blokes down 12 Jim Beam & Coke cans in a couple of hours and drive home, barely buzzed. I've seen brawls. I've heard people bitch and moan about their tinny being stolen. And I've heard others roar with laughter about the tinny they've just stolen. It's a different world to the rest of the Beaches, vigilantes and ticks galore.

HOWEVER, a lot of very interesting people live on the Island, one of the few left-wing pockets in Sydney's north. There are good people too, people who on the outside seem rough and tough but deep down have hearts of gold.

RIP Dylan Morris.

ether
regular

Post by ether » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:58 am

dinosaur wrote: he's still a good candidate for a squeal like a pig session though.
True. Though I'd rather see him get some treatment he didn't enjoy!

*islander*

WTF

Post by *islander* » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:11 pm

smnmntl wrote:
dinosaur wrote:he was from scotland island
That explains everything.

I know a guy who lives down on the island, have been to the odd party at his place. Says he likes "the peace & quiet and the sense of community". Which from my experience translates into "the incessant whine of motorboats and the lurking presence of wall-eyed sister-raping cannibals".

Tell you what, though, Scotland Island also offers a rich cornucopia of frustrated women.

Blokes like the place because it's simple & basic & there are no poofters, boutiques or bookshops and they can muck around with outboard motors all weekend coz there's nothing else to do. The flag of Scotland Island should feature a big toilet with piss all around the base and the lid left up.

So they con their g/fs into moving down there, enticing them with fantasies of natural beauty and romantic solitude. But within a week the blokes are all hanging out together on the jetty with a fking huge esky and the girls realise they've made a fking huge mistake.

Result: large posse of bored, pissed-off women with neglectful oafish partners. Sohar Adam should get down there quick, he'd be up to the apricots in "smoo" within half an hour.

dude wtf is this, islanders are normal people just like me and you, fucking helll this is for Dylan not for you to fucking make fun of islanders that are fucking better then you, where bouts do you live i bet you you live in a a fucking house worth nothing with no views these people have views all around them, i know heaps of islanders they are the best people you will ever meet and you know what at least they dont waste their time bagging like you they have better things to do obviously your fucking cross at something you wouldnt know shit you fuck wit!!!

BA
Duke Status

Re: WTF

Post by BA » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:59 pm

*islander* wrote:
smnmntl wrote:
dinosaur wrote:he was from scotland island
That explains everything.

I know a guy who lives down on the island, have been to the odd party at his place. Says he likes "the peace & quiet and the sense of community". Which from my experience translates into "the incessant whine of motorboats and the lurking presence of wall-eyed sister-raping cannibals".

Tell you what, though, Scotland Island also offers a rich cornucopia of frustrated women.

Blokes like the place because it's simple & basic & there are no poofters, boutiques or bookshops and they can muck around with outboard motors all weekend coz there's nothing else to do. The flag of Scotland Island should feature a big toilet with piss all around the base and the lid left up.

So they con their g/fs into moving down there, enticing them with fantasies of natural beauty and romantic solitude. But within a week the blokes are all hanging out together on the jetty with a fking huge esky and the girls realise they've made a fking huge mistake.

Result: large posse of bored, pissed-off women with neglectful oafish partners. Sohar Adam should get down there quick, he'd be up to the apricots in "smoo" within half an hour.

dude wtf is this, islanders are normal people just like me and you, **** helll this is for Dylan not for you to **** make fun of islanders that are **** better then you, where bouts do you live i bet you you live in a a **** house worth nothing with no views these people have views all around them, i know heaps of islanders they are the best people you will ever meet and you know what at least they dont waste their time bagging like you they have better things to do obviously your **** cross at something you wouldnt know shit you **** wit!!!

Nice first post DUDE. I always thought Islanders were from Tonga, Samoa etc. My mistake.

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:14 pm

I hope smnmntl is working on something special for a reply to this. :D

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Re: WTF

Post by ric_vidal » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:03 pm

BA wrote: Nice first post DUDE.
I’d give it four stars. :wink: