Conflict @ Solander

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

stoive
barnacle

Conflict @ Solander

Post by stoive » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:18 pm

Reposted this in general from bb only

"Update on the early bird crew who scored some nice big barrels at a spot that has been off limits to bodyboarders for a few years.The lads snuck in a morning session before the enforcers turned up. However when the boys on jetskis did turn up the bodyboarders were evicted with zero tolerance . One very well known pro bodyboarder was rumored to be punched by a very well known pro surfer and the cameraman was knocked off his board by the jetski. Bodyboarders have been well warned in the past to stay away from this break with numerous assaults"

above quote is from www.nofriendsclothing.com.au

Apparently it was mitch rawlins & videographer chris bryan (made hardlyfe II)!
Koby Abberton came out on a ski telling them to Fu(k off & to stay away from this break (Ours). He Ended up punching Rawlins in the face & tryed to run over Chris Bryan with the ski but he ended up running over his housing.
Last edited by stoive on Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stokie
Grommet

Post by Stokie » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:27 pm

Times like this i'm glad i don't live in Sydney. The Bra Boys are basically taking away peoples freedom, which is f**ked. They're nothing more than a gang of thugs.

Bodyboarda_23
Grommet

Post by Bodyboarda_23 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:48 pm

hey thats my post!
Stand up & b counted.... Lie down & get barrelled...

cs
regular

Post by cs » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:51 pm

Hang on, arnt jetskis supposed to stay a couple of hundered meters from surfers/swimmers? Get some footage of them deliberatly riding skis at people and they'd be f@#ked.
Smells a bit like spoilt rich kids on their skis thinking they can do whatever they want...

Nick-W
barnacle

Post by Nick-W » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:25 pm

Hahaha, screw revoking their ski license...

Its assualt with a deadly weapon.

Not sure on the sentence but ask KK

surfanimals
Local

Post by surfanimals » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:55 pm

Reefer and I touched on this yesterday and as expected, it has come up in topic. Most of you would have seen the photo's I posted on Saturday afternoon from the morning session at Solander.

A couple of things I'd like to bring up with this whole 'ours' and localism thing. Firstly, without any disrespect, the place is in the Sutherland Shire and not Maroubra.

So, if anyone should be claiming anything it is either the guys who live in the actual area or the guys who have been surfing it and bodysurfing it for over 40 years. This is not a new surf spot and not discovered by these guys, only bought to the media's attention to gain recognition and sponsors dollars.

I'm not saying that the local's should be claiming it. No one should be claiming anything. The essence of surfing is travelling and we are all 'locals' at our home break and all venture outside to experience waves across the globe.

I've blown up at out of towners locally but I've also sat for an hour in the lineup at Pipe & Sunset waiting for a wave having to respect the pecking order - My first session in Hawaii, I sat for 45 mins at Sunset and after each 'local' had 3 waves, I paddled into the zone and had a shot at one only to have my leggie duly pulled from under me and free falling down a 10 foot face to be told to go home.....it works both ways and is a bullshit ego driven attitude.

What do these guys expect when they travel ? Not to be smacked in the head that's for sure.

Why anyone who surfs is carrying on like a thug and using fists to build an empire needs to have a good hard look at themselves. These guys have amazing skill to surf the waves they are surfing but it's just a shame they don't let their surfing do the talking and earn the respect through the source of the journey rather than letting their fists lose them the credibility they obviously crave using video's and pictures to bang their drums at every opportunity.

Remember, there is ALWAYS a better fighter than you however good you might be around the next corner.

Just go damn surfing and share - no one owns the ocean boys.

Last edited by surfanimals on Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:27 pm

pretty much sums up why i don't subscribe too tracks anymore....cut off there heads....no money....no poor little rich bra boyzs :idea:

and i agree with surfanimals..."theres always someone bigger/better" and that will come to past as koby gets older....and slower...and fatter...( can he get much fatter :?: his already carrying a spare and half :shock: )

BUT wats really funny...is there missing out on there beloved dollars$$$$$$$$$

how about a vid with koby and boogies :idea: :arrow: whoi gets the deepest tube....the biggest wave :?:

NOW THAT B INTERESTING SEE :shock:

but well never see that will we.....too many "images" not enough surfers :roll:
Last edited by mustkillmulloway on Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MarcusJ

Post by MarcusJ » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:32 pm

In any other environment the police would be called in if someone tried to run someone else over with a jet ski - should this be any different?

eggsta
Grommet

Post by eggsta » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:07 pm

mate this shit has got to f**ken stop. Koby abberton is a downright thug, plain and simple. If he really did this then why wont anyone go to cops??
The bra boys have been pulling this shit from the zone to reddies down south, where do they get off????
the reason no one goes to the cops is becasue they are probably all shit scared that they will be on the recieving end of some bra boy love. If you watch the bra boys movie you know this guy doesnt have many strikes left, if he wants to act like an idiot and go to jail f**ken let him! Get the footage to maroubra police and they will do the rest, but thats not going to happen is it? I cant beleive that a break that was a bodyboarders haven can be overrun by a bunch of f**ken kook tow surfers who can hold a line and thats about it. F**ken big tough guys beating up heaps younger dudes outnumbered 10 to 1, it makes me sick...........

brendo
barnacle

Post by brendo » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:11 pm

go to a current affair website, click on the tell your story, tilltle the bra boys, then whinge about this latest episode. they love this shit. if they get a few emails, i reckon they might follow it up, then the cops might act for fear of looking limp wristed yet again....

i just got the ball rolling, so back my email up brothers.... :wink: :lol:

Deebs
Grommet

Post by Deebs » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:17 pm

i agree... sure they might have had a tough upbringing... but there's plenty of people who have.
using that to explain away the reasons they've become who they are just goes to show how much they haven't grown up; they should take some ownership of their lives. all they've done is become slaves to their pasts and there is nothing heroic or manly about belittling others.

but it pays to remind all of ourselves as martin luther king jnr did... violence begets violence. peaceful protests while often seem useless ae always a better option long term.

cheers - enjoy the ocean!

lessormore
barnacle

Post by lessormore » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:18 pm

mustkillmulloway wrote-
"pretty much sums up why i don't subscribe too tracks anymore"

Here is a quote from the editor of Tracks talking about the Superwank-
""It doesn't take 'em long to realise the milk of human kindness ran sour here long ago," wrote Sean Doherty, editor of Australia's surfing bible Tracks magazine

"The propensity for this place to corrupt is frightening," said Doherty in a recent editorial on Superbank titled "Human Soup", which described how greed for the perfect wave was corrupting surfing's mellow nature.

"Have we crossed the tipping point where the bank's good vibes are outweighed by the blackness that lives in the heart of men?" asked Doherty."

Sounds strange coming from one of Kobe's main backers!

sparky_12
regular

Post by sparky_12 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:05 pm

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:28 pm

lessormore wrote:
Sounds strange coming from one of Kobe's main backers!
yeah...his describing his OWN drop in on like a 14 yr girl @ the superbank......jeeeze....kobys got big backers :?: :roll:
u wouldn't want see em in a ring with a midget would ya :roll:
come on shaunn...i know your reading this...like u did good @ tracks but now your just clinging? :arrow: WREAKING IT :idea:

and it's more than your pay check.....bitch.....shaunnn..doherty....can't even get a wave @ tunners......the curse of out lived editor :idea:

no respect...not even worth wiping me ass with it :shock:

2nd Reef
Harry the Hat

Post by 2nd Reef » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:24 am

EDIT: Too touchy for some people....

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:24 am

This is just disgraceful. Its such a terrible mentality:

- I've had a tough upbringing and I have to treat others like shit to show how tough I am and to demand "respect".

- I can be as much of a bastard as I want because "the boys" are behind me.

- Its me against the world, with the boys behind me. I've had it tough and I'm trying to get some back.

All I have to say is: stop blaming and start living. When will they realise that all they have to do is try to accept and appreciate themselves and other people, and then maybe they might get along with a lot more people and actually be respected by a lot more people than their naive "bra boy" groupies? When will they realise that they're just making their lives more difficult for themselves?

Okay, fair enough. You think you've got more skill and local status at a surf spot than other people. Its still uncool but you sit on the inside all the time and take the best sets. Fair enough. You don't punch someone in the face and try and run over a camera man? What the hell is that? Thats just thuggery! They're making the world a worse place and they're totally missing the point of what surfing is all about.

How stupid was that? Running over a person WITH A CAMERA with a jetski. Hopefully the camera was rolling and they got it all for evidence. Dickheads.

Carbon
regular

Post by Carbon » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:05 am

as posted in this thread or the other about stop buying tracks why not make a request to video stores about the release of the Bra Boys dvd, its due out quite soon and maybe if enough cancel orders someone is bound to lose some money in the form of a bra boy
smnmntl wrote:Matty.... surfers don't talk to each other in the water because many of them are secretly gay and just want to bum each other off.

Karlos
Snowy McAllister

Post by Karlos » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:18 am

Cpt.Caveman wrote:All I have to say is: stop blaming and start living. When will they realise that all they have to do is try to accept and appreciate themselves and other people, and then maybe they might get along with a lot more people and actually be respected by a lot more people than their naive "bra boy" groupies? When will they realise that they're just making their lives more difficult for themselves?
You're getting a bit too fluffy here Captain. Has anyone considered the fact that this isn't what they want (appreciation & respect of themselves & others) & that they're quite happy playing the role of the 'big dogs' & gaining the status they have from that? Call it what you will, but they certainly ain't about to change, & they certainly don't care what those more evolved than them think. Maybe they'll run into a bigger dog sometime, maybe they won't. Just don't count on 'em changing in the near future. Especially while everyone (I'm talking media mainly & the likes of Russell Crowe more so than their surfing sycophants) gives them the attention they crave, based on their appalling behaviour & not on their surfing.