Conflict @ Solander

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

surfanimals
Local

Post by surfanimals » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:16 pm

marty wrote:i, for one, would like to witness a bodysurfer having a dig at solander.
jeeezus!
It's not open for discussion - my old man was one of them and I know at least 10 others.

Find an ol' Kurnell fisho and they'll back it up.

marty
barnacle

Post by marty » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:26 pm

is there any hint of doubt in my post? any at all......
fuxake.

Jack Jack

Post by Jack Jack » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:06 pm

Maybe Russel Crowe could make a movie about the bra boys meeting the wolf pack?
I am not sure what the movie could be called - but I am sure it would be as entertaining and enthralling as the bra boys movie. :roll:

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:15 pm

Jack Jack wrote:Maybe Russel Crowe could make a movie about the bra boys meeting the wolf pack?
I am not sure what the movie could be called - but I am sure it would be as entertaining and enthralling as the bra boys movie. :roll:
AHHHH THE WOLF PACK :arrow: the hawaiian version of the bra boys :idea:

who sponsors them :idea: :?:

another overprice chinese made product worthy of realsurfers boycott :!:

p.s if u don't buy there products....they will curl up and disappear :idea: :x

if surfing is such a "soulful"thing...as all the mags would leave us too believe.....why do they support these apes :?:

i can remember when a certain pipe charger had a photo ban on him..... :arrow: has the editorial content of surfing mags slip a few notches....and why :?

could the guys contributing actually....b scared if they don't tow this months heros line :?:

p.s i surf in one the biggest boogie captials out side nulla.....for the most part boogies just aren't a trouble....don't drop in on them....don't drop in on u :idea:

pretty simple really :roll: ....when u think about it :idea:

Jimi
Local

Post by Jimi » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:52 pm

mustkillmulloway wrote:
Jack Jack wrote: p.s i surf in one the biggest boogie captials out side nulla.....for the most part boogies just aren't a trouble....don't drop in on them....don't drop in on u :idea:

pretty simple really :roll: ....when u think about it :idea:

Ive been watching a lot lately and come to agree completly, boogers are generally nicer people, rare for them to drop in, stand-ups on the other hand drop in on boogers regularly, and ive noticed lately, they drop in on other stand-ups all the time too.

On this Bra Boy issue, fucken clowns they are.
As I just discovered from this thread people have been bodysurfing the cape for 40 odd years, but in the last 10 it has been, as are most really heavy reefies, has been a booger stronghold. I saw an interview with Koby saying that they were watching a booger vid "only to see the crazy stuff they do" and noticed the wave looked like the Botany Bay area.
for them to then go and start calling that wave 'ours' and enforcing it like a bunch of 10 yr old hicks, its just fucking pathetic. Kicking the very people off the wave that showed it to them.

Jack Jack

Post by Jack Jack » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:11 pm

and what really shites me is when certain surfing magazines glorify the dickweed!!!! :o
bullying and thugery aint the spirit of surfing

Stokie
Grommet

Post by Stokie » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:38 pm

I'd like to see what happens if a female took out a lid at Solander

bringbackmacca
regular

Post by bringbackmacca » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:41 pm

Hey mate, ive read some of your posts and your a great contribution to these forums. so thanks mate its good that theres someone posting decent stuff rather then flaming people.
i Noticed you said you have been to hawaii. im heading there this season with an older mate who has never been, we are both lidders but whats the best bet for scoring waves at pipe or sunset? anyways cya mate

Stokie
Grommet

Post by Stokie » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:46 pm

dinosaur wrote:
Stokie wrote:I'd like to see what happens if a female took out a lid at Solander
why don't ya give it a go. and see what happens
well i'll need a plane ticket and a wig for starters.

Bodyboarder-sicne-1989
Local
Location: any of the heavy NSW reefs, depends where the swell hits. shark island/southern reefs mostly

Post by Bodyboarder-sicne-1989 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:48 pm

dinosaur wrote:
puurri wrote: Ridden abt 1965 by a group of boardriders, bellyboarders and bodysurfer regulars from Cronulla Pt and Shark Island :roll: :roll:

bodysurfers pioneered a lot of the heavy reef breaks around sydney
the island used to have a bodysurfing crew to. my uncle lived on the point over looking the island. used to bodysurf there in budgie smugglers and diving fins. "OURS" haha. its real name is blacksea point. look on a treet directory or google maps hybrid. cape solander is the far outside right reef to the right when your standing on the ledge infront of "ours"
a photo i took a few years ago on a camera phone.
an old photo i accidently came across on a government photo archive website

macgreggor
regular

Post by macgreggor » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:53 pm

After 20 odd yrs I also refuse to buy tracks simply because their views and hero worship of the negative aspects of our lifestyle.More publicity should be given to the good role models which the kids can look up to.It was a pleasure today to surf and watch Mick Lowe & co take apart solid Windang.You can't help but hoot when you see a grown man appear to fall out of the sky only to re-connect, bottom turn and pull up into a pit you could drive a small car through,stoked.Oh yea, all sorts surf craft present,including lids,and do you think there was a hint of aggresion? NO WAY.Stoked. That's the essence of surfing.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:20 pm

i wonder wats the diff between argo towards non causans ( read nulla riots) and agro towards non " in the clic" standups ( read boogies)@ "ours" :shock:

i mean it's in a sense...ALLL about beating up a different ethnic type...in a SUBERB now renowned for it ( world wide)on u sutherland shire...something we can all b ashamed off now :?

racism.....many heads hey :x

p.s wheres atiach and his frog avatar..... :idea: :arrow: out selling tracks on the streets i wonder :idea:

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:20 am

Karlos wrote:
Cpt.Caveman wrote:All I have to say is: stop blaming and start living. When will they realise that all they have to do is try to accept and appreciate themselves and other people, and then maybe they might get along with a lot more people and actually be respected by a lot more people than their naive "bra boy" groupies? When will they realise that they're just making their lives more difficult for themselves?
You're getting a bit too fluffy here Captain. Has anyone considered the fact that this isn't what they want (appreciation & respect of themselves & others) & that they're quite happy playing the role of the 'big dogs' & gaining the status they have from that? Call it what you will, but they certainly ain't about to change, & they certainly don't care what those more evolved than them think. Maybe they'll run into a bigger dog sometime, maybe they won't. Just don't count on 'em changing in the near future. Especially while everyone (I'm talking media mainly & the likes of Russell Crowe more so than their surfing sycophants) gives them the attention they crave, based on their appalling behaviour & not on their surfing.
Good point Karlos, as long as there are naive people out there that think that what they are doing is respectful (or at least worth publicity on the notoriousness of it, with a slight positive slant) then they will continue. Especially with celebrity status.

God, I hate to think what their new found celebrity status has done to their mentality. I have a bad feeling that it makes them feel even better about their violence culture and their actions, to even ramp it up a little.

I guess until everyone actually considers them a malicious gang, including the general public, then they'll keep on keeping on. Then again, I wonder if they will become even more secular and "us against the world" if the great majority of people shunned their culture and actions. It might even fuel them to care less about what other people think and continue making the world a less peaceful place to live.

deepsouth
Grommet

Post by deepsouth » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:07 am

lovenutz wrote: Do some of you not think that body boarders have overun numerous breaks up and down the coast?
Reminds me of a funny moment down here at a well known and fairly heavily sponge populated wave. A mate and I were out riding along with about 8-10 flappers on a pretty average day but there were enough waves to share, so there was no real need for aggro. There was a bit of angst towards me and my mate as we had dared to paddle out at "their spot". After about 30mins and a few "threats" from a bloke that would have struggled to fight his way out of a wetsuit, my mate says right, time to fix these fools.
So he paddles in and heads to his car to pick up an old log that he had brought along. He then strips down to his reg grundies and sneaks further round the point and jumps in out of sight of the crowd. Next thing I know (still sitting in the line-up at this stage), he comes paddling around the point, swearing and cursing and then pulls up at the head of the line-up and starts asking the lid-riders how the fishing is around here and how to get to the nearest RSL (much to my amusement). At this point, they begin to realise who he is. He then swings around and proceeds to go on a set and after making the drop goes screaming along the wall yelling something about stoning the crows and "Bruce Ruxton for prime minister". He then straightens out, heads in over the rocks and then runs up into the bush with everyone laughing as he goes.

After this stunt, things settled down and (after getting changed) my mate headed back out and as much as it sounds like a hippy fantasy, everyone proceeded to get along and waves were shared for the rest of the session. I guess that the moral is that sometimes laughter is a far more effective option than violence. It still makes me laugh thinking about it now...

Jacko1

Post by Jacko1 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:15 pm

[quote="puurri"]This spot supposedly discovered and ridden first by the Bra Boys was first surfed by bodyboarders about 10 years ago, and the Bra Boys noticed it in a bodyboardng mag. They definately have some Karma coming their way.[/quote]

[b]FOOL[/b]

Ridden abt 1965 by a group of boardriders, bellyboarders and bodysurfer regulars from Cronulla Pt and Shark Island :roll: :roll:[/quote]

O.K i stand corrected, but my point is that the bra boys did not discover it.

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:21 pm

This surfer Vs Booger shit is just fucked. Was out at DY today, then the circus came round (might have been our friend 'DY crew', only assumimg that because they were talking bout towing in :? :lol: ). Ive been out for a good hour, along come these cocks, along with camera crew and all. Got dropped in on numerous times until i just said fuck it nd moved away from them, i guess this is what they originally wanted, but i couldnt continue to take beatings thanks to absolute pricks. Even more so it pissed me off when once i was paddled away some guy crumbles the shoulder and this guy goes off at him, even thogh he had been dropping in on me :roll:

I agree fongles, Booger Vs Stand up is as good as racism, discriminating against someone because they are a little different... pure shit.

macgreggor
regular

Post by macgreggor » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:45 pm

Word!

Colonel Fiction
regular

Post by Colonel Fiction » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:29 pm

Great story deepsouth. 8)

You're friend has some chutzpah.

Whatever happened to Mr Ruxton?