Annoying salesmen!!!!

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

lambert
barnacle

Post by lambert » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:19 am

Patto10 wrote: 15 years ago I worked at Country Road. Yes, yes I can hear all the cat calls
meow?

anyway, i dont rekcon all people ask you if they need help, they just wallow in their own delusion as to what they are buying, ive seen it b4, and to them i laugh, b4 doing what im suppposed to, so weak :oops:

longbum
Local

Post by longbum » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:17 am

hey leave us alone man, we watch surf movies like pointbreak, so we can keep up to date on the latest talk, handshakes and turns you do on waves....its for your benefit, god we go to all this trouble and this is what we get out of it ????
bloody surfies.

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:21 am

willie wrote:
g_u_m_b_y wrote:
keen wrote:i am the most surfie looking guy u would prolly ever see
:shock:
word.
:lol: :lol: "I caught my first tube today, sir."

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:42 am

rae wrote:you gotta love this. a forum of surfers, about surfing, for surfers, but it's not cool to actually look like one... :lol:
Actually, I think it's OK to look like one, but not to tell everybody you look like one. Beacause that says you are one! (but not what you think you are)

greygrom
regular

Post by greygrom » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:29 pm

WTF does a Northern Beaches "surfie" look like these days anyway .... just keep walking until you find a shop worker that respects your opinion and buy from them. ..... and always answer the shop walkers questions with mmmmm, mmmmm, nope, yep, mmmmmm and if you think surf shop floor stalkers are weird don't even attempt to buy some snow skis or a snow board .... Fork me now that is an industry full of snotty brain dead experts if ever there was one.

Happy surfing, and watch out for golf cart and esky lid flotsam.

Merry Prankster
Grommet

Post by Merry Prankster » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:25 pm

My girlfriend who has very little idea about boards and can barely swim got offered a job selling boards a shop at Warringah Mall (the one on the ground floor). She much told the guy on the spot that no one would buy a board off her because she has very little idea about them. The guy apparently looked a little stunned and eventually agreed with her.

Serious lack of credability.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:53 pm

keen wrote:i am the most surfie looking guy u would prolly ever see
I am the least surfie looking guy u would prolly ever see

But when I go into a surf shop the staff usually leave me the hell alone. keen perhaps you should cultivate a rather less surfie look ... you know, dark hair, balding, short, nasty flat stare, no-logo t shirt...

when the salesboy comes up and says "that's got a really good concave", just snap back at him "well why didn't the designer blend it out with a slight vee behind the back fin?" then watch him retreat to the denim section.

and don't try to chat up the counter girl for chrissakes.

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:26 pm

The best way to deal with annoying salespeople is to tell them youve just done a poo in your pants while you twitch your right eye.

Whatever you do. Dont scratch your balls as well !

They WILL phone the police !!!

F-CKERS !!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

vb
Local

Post by vb » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:43 pm

Nice young thing at that long reef place sold me a 6'2'' Redback. She seemed to know what she was talking about but I forgot to ask her if I need to wax it. Was sold on it when she said I could take it between the flags

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:13 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:nasty flat stare
Is this the look you get when you plan the evening meal? :wink: Oh, and you forgot to mention talking to yourself. :twisted:

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:38 pm

^^yes it was. Chop garlic....mumble about the Liberal Party...chop onion. Grunt a bit. Get tomatos from cupboard. Mutter about some article attempting to write. Begin to fry garlic etc...sing under breath.

Hear Golden Child cracking up in background. "Shut UP!" she demands. Sound of typing fingers rattling away as Child informs all and sundry of father's weirdness.

Sigh...back to cooking.

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:01 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:Begin to fry garlic etc...sing under breath.
Not too early with the garlic, Nicodemus... :wink: hang on, got to consult the resident forum chef, Ignoble am I right here? Believe it goes a tad bitter if browned too much.

Shouldn’t the blessed one and muzak critic be taught the virtues of the kitchen? Wouldn’t want to bust a nail or nothing I s’pose. :D

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:29 pm

If your a bloke tell the sales assistant that you've had an accident and you would like to know where the ladies toilet is.

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:21 pm

1)Tell them your deaf and just watch them disintegrate.
2)tell them to leave you alone or you will come back latter and hit them on the head with a lump hammer
3)tell them you dont have any undies on
4)repeat everything they say
5)ask them if you can lick there face
6)growl like a tiger

Hawkeye
barnacle

Post by Hawkeye » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:35 pm

Hey, St Nicholas, being the old and wise head you are, do you have any suggestions for applying the above to annoying teenage daughters?

She insists on looking over my shoulder attempting to read this thread as I'm cracking up.

KK - keep it coming! :lol: :lol: :lol:

g_u_m_b_y
barnacle

Post by g_u_m_b_y » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:07 pm

dinosaur wrote:carry a tape measure with you. when one of the little sons of liberal voters comes your way whip the tape measure out to 2 metres stick in their chest and go. "Hold it right there mate, one more step and i'll have you for assault"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
gold

bonusbeats
Local

Post by bonusbeats » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:31 pm

dinosaur wrote:carry a tape measure with you. when one of the little sons of liberal voters comes your way whip the tape measure out to 2 metres stick in their chest and go. "Hold it right there mate, one more step and i'll have you for assault"
is that legal? i've got a tape measure, and occasionally i get bored.

yanks r us
charger

Post by yanks r us » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:51 am

I use to work at city beach and they you were told to greet everyone that comes in the store. The people who work there are gronks anyway...