Annoying salesmen!!!!

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

keen
Grommet

Annoying salesmen!!!!

Post by keen » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:16 pm

On the weekend i went looking at buying a board off the racks at manly due to the fact i snapped my last all rounder an i want another new one now! an in every shop without fail there is some loooooser who looks like he has never even rode a surfboard trying to tell me what i should be getting when i have told him i know what i want!!! they use routine lines like yeah this is a nice fast board, nice an loose an mate this is what u should be lookin at gettin when they have no idea what they r on about!!! an they are so persistent too! mate leave me alone i know what i should be riding an i dont need a kook to talk crap to me
so please if u work in a surf shop lay off

willie
barnacle

Re: Annoying salesmen!!!!

Post by willie » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:31 pm

keen wrote:On the weekend i went looking at buying a board off the racks at manly due to the fact i snapped my last all rounder an i want another new one now! an in every shop without fail there is some loooooser who looks like he has never even rode a surfboard trying to tell me what i should be getting when i have told him i know what i want!!! they use routine lines like yeah this is a nice fast board, nice an loose an mate this is what u should be lookin at gettin when they have no idea what they r on about!!! an they are so persistent too! mate leave me alone i know what i should be riding an i dont need a kook to talk crap to me
the blokes doin his job, who cares. Im sure he doesn't want to talk to you just as much as you dont want him talkin, but he has to do it for the job.

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:31 pm

Go to a shaper

Longygrom
barnacle

Re: Annoying salesmen!!!!

Post by Longygrom » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:47 pm

keen wrote:On the weekend i went looking at buying a board off the racks at manly due to the fact i snapped my last all rounder an i want another new one now! an in every shop without fail there is some loooooser who looks like he has never even rode a surfboard trying to tell me what i should be getting when i have told him i know what i want!!! they use routine lines like yeah this is a nice fast board, nice an loose an mate this is what u should be lookin at gettin when they have no idea what they r on about!!! an they are so persistent too! mate leave me alone i know what i should be riding an i dont need a kook to talk crap to me
you probally look like an easy target to sell to- assuming your a kook by the way you talk and complain to a forum. I'd imagine you would be looking for a big bouyant tufflite OR anything out of the GSI range....OR on the other hand you may be a cashed up latte` loving novice who will walk into a shop and froth all over the pro standard 6'0' x 2' x 18' 4 ounce all over.

Good on the salesman for pressuring you, your obviously not someone they want as a repeat coustomer anyway.

keen
Grommet

Post by keen » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:52 pm

no offence longy but your theory is way off! i am the most surfie looking guy u would prolly ever see and i have been surfing just about all my life. Not tryin to big note myself either but i am a very experienced surfer n i know what i want n i know its right. an yes i understand he is being a salesmen trying to sell a product but dont tell me what i need when i know an you have no idea

Longygrom
barnacle

Post by Longygrom » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:59 pm

keen wrote:no offence longy but your theory is way off! i am the most surfie looking guy u would prolly ever see and i have been surfing just about all my life. Not tryin to big note myself either but i am a very experienced surfer n i know what i want n i know its right. an yes i understand he is being a salesmen trying to sell a product but dont tell me what i need when i know an you have no idea
Which store was this? If it was Dripping Wet, agreed the majority of the crew have little idea of whats going on...Aloha or Surfection/Quiky- youd be wrong. They are all very competent surfers.

As for 'very surfie' your image of yourself must be different to what others see...

Dingus
Owl status

Post by Dingus » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:04 pm

Longygrom wrote:As for 'very surfie' your image of yourself must be different to what others see...
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1e0j_ ... rnationale :wink:

keen
Grommet

Post by keen » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:06 pm

no one could possibly mistake me for not lookin like one but anyway
aloha was actually alright i did have a guy hasslin there but least he knew what he was on about
i went to about 4 other shops not sure on names but the rest were all shiat

muggo
regular

Post by muggo » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:20 pm

My first job was at City Beach, the guidelines they gave you to work by were complete shite... for example you're supposed to have greeted every customer within 30 seconds of them entering your section. It's so pushy and sucks for both the customer and the salesperson. If people need help, they will ask for it. I didn't last very long working there :lol:

g_u_m_b_y
barnacle

Post by g_u_m_b_y » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:30 pm

keen wrote:i am the most surfie looking guy u would prolly ever see
:shock:

willie
barnacle

Post by willie » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:41 pm

g_u_m_b_y wrote:
keen wrote:i am the most surfie looking guy u would prolly ever see
:shock:
word.

lambert
barnacle

Post by lambert » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:56 pm

maybe he is the seasoned surfer, and he believes you are the kook image surfer so he is trying to scam ya cuz he thinks u is a muppet?

Mrs Kreepy
Local

Post by Mrs Kreepy » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:25 pm

Maybe he knew thought you looked g a y and being gay himself, tried his little h,omo heart out to meet a possible boyfriend. :idea:

wanto
barnacle

Post by wanto » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:06 am

keen wrote:i am the most surfie looking guy u would prolly ever see and i am a very experienced surfer n i know you have no idea
8) goin off dude

surfin39
charger

Post by surfin39 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:43 am

keen wrote: i am the most surfie looking guy u would prolly ever see and i have been surfing just about all my life. Not tryin to big note myself either but i am a very experienced surfer
wow ... is it really you .........

rae
Local

Post by rae » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:48 am

you gotta love this. a forum of surfers, about surfing, for surfers, but it's not cool to actually look like one... :lol:

surfin39
charger

Post by surfin39 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:54 am

rae wrote:you gotta love this. a forum of surfers, about surfing, for surfers, but it's not cool to actually look like one... :lol:
rae ... you went to the BBQ too, I'm not sure anyone would think it was cool look like that bunch ... :lol:

Patto10
Grommet

Post by Patto10 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:13 am

A bit strange this thread but I'll throw my 2 cents in anyway.

15 years ago I worked at Country Road. Yes, yes I can hear all the cat calls, but it was great for meeting girls, I got free clothes and the money was slightly better than my previous job stacking shelves at Franklins.

Country Road also require you to greet a customer within the first thirty seconds and then leave them alone unless they approach you for help rather than harass the bejesus out of a customer from the moment they walk in. I think this works better because its just a lot more relaxing. Additionally, it is actually a security measure so you know that they are aware of you and are watching!

I have had a similar experience when I went into the old Surfection at Dee Why and this hairdresser type was trying to flog me a board which weighed about 10 kilos.

I said to him, "Nah, this is too heavy" but he insisted that it wasn't, it was just a good glass job. Anyway I just let him crap on for 5 minutes until he just stopped talking mid sentence and just looked at me as if he was all embarrassed because I had him pegged as a kook.

Needless to say that shop didn't last too long.

I reckon if your not buying boards from your local shaper, you must be a bit of a kook anyway.