How about this?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Frin
Grommet

Post by Frin » Sat May 19, 2007 6:20 pm

I remember the first time I drove down to Jervis Bay from Sydney in 1997, and coming out of Albion Park you got a sweet view over the rolling green hills down to the ocean.... Now its just shite McMansions as far as the eye can see....

And as for what they are doing to Husky/Vincentia - its a disgrace. The stocklands development is going to kill the vibe of the place. And as for a 6 storey building in Husky, what a joke ! There are units on the main street that have been for sale for well over 18 months, its a rubbish investment because its overpriced already and rental returns there suck except for about 8 weeks of the year, but they still keep on building more and more! Council must be on the take I reckon...

longbum
Local

Post by longbum » Sat May 19, 2007 6:28 pm

Hano wrote:
Rockin' Ron wrote:
:D boneyards...full of fatness.

I It does have a fat bit
I'd imagine the general view of the connoisseur not on the kettle
If anyone has surfed Sunset/Hawaii, they'll appreciate the yard as its little brother. Kettle is by know means fat and if you think the yard is fat you obviously don't know when to surf it. :roll:

As for farm (now theres some fatness), hardly ever surf it as its pretty much tuflite city or mal heaven. Best on a southerly with no one around and more push. Minnos is cool, been surfing it for a long time and its just the BB gangs you need to drop in on, I always paddle as thats where I live.

Development, well they farked shellharbour a long time ago. I still remember getting hammered at the workers and couldn't make it home so slept with the cows next door in the grass.

acecactus
Grommet

Post by acecactus » Sat May 19, 2007 10:29 pm

you would think a new 300 boat marina at shellcove might be enough coastal development for this area, but no, we have the idea of developing the parkland area on the southside as well. Developers have paid of the political parties and it shows at shellharbour /bass point.

Beerfan

the farm

Post by Beerfan » Sun May 20, 2007 6:45 am

It sucks what they are doing to the farm. I hardly ever surf there, even though im a shift worker, just too many people, even when its not that good, i prefer around the corner. I cant believe how close the houses will be, they go up to about 50 metres from the gate. The fact that you have to drive through fu&*in shell cove shits me as well. An "eco tourist park" yeah right.

longbum
Local

Post by longbum » Sun May 20, 2007 11:10 am

Rockin' Ron wrote:
bradad wrote:There's another break down there we'd pass just near the Farm called Graveyards (well, that's what we knew it as).
:D boneyards....
a bit hypocritical wouldn't you say ??

Bodyboarder-sicne-1989
Local
Location: any of the heavy NSW reefs, depends where the swell hits. shark island/southern reefs mostly

Post by Bodyboarder-sicne-1989 » Sun May 20, 2007 12:11 pm

stocklands are the landscape raping cancer of the south coast. they rooted just about every good unpopulated south coast spot there is! started at sandon point and worked there way south.

the farm was the goods when you had to go through the gate and get the farmer to let you in. my ex girlfriends dad grew up in a house that used to be on the hill near the lagoon at the farm.

back in those days, minos used to be a secret and most people i knew used to go to the farm and were oblivious to minos. you cant stop money hungry developers and corrupt councils from screwing up surf spots. they dont care about our life style or the enviroment. just the almighty corrupting $$$$

Hano
Local

Post by Hano » Sun May 20, 2007 3:29 pm

Sense a little spite in some of your posts in recent threads onsouth coast rockin ron.

Whats ron mate? Is it the frustration of forgetting where you placed your sand shoes, the fact your poodles ars.e needs to be shaved, the physical challenge of waxing up, the anger of when your mates convertible got pinged last time you were here or just the fact that you have been proven to have no idea?

I wish more old blowin jubes had the same views of the south coast.

Longbum, sure the farm doesn't get as square as minno's, but fat? no. We did get a couple of weeks after a decent swell were a deep gutter opened up between outer and inner sand banks making it slightly unattrctive, no different to how jones' and bombo behave regularly.

Its weird, unlike minno's, not many of jones' lads surf the place.
Last edited by Hano on Sun May 20, 2007 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sean--
barnacle

Post by sean-- » Sun May 20, 2007 4:54 pm

Port's had the best banks. I can say that its Sunday arvo :)

longbum
Local

Post by longbum » Mon May 21, 2007 8:18 am

Hano wrote: Its weird, unlike minno's, not many of jones' lads surf the place.
We don't surf it much as WE think it is slow and fat. Also the crowd out there is pretty much beginner-intermmediate so theres alot of guys out there who don't kinda know what theyre doing so I just stay away.
Like I said I'll surf it on a southerly or as a last resort.
Yeh it can be good over 4ft, but then I'll surf a couple of other places that'll be goin off before it. :wink:

lovenutz
regular

Post by lovenutz » Mon May 21, 2007 9:16 am

well it sucks but at least i hope it stops the bogans doing car break ins around there.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Mon May 21, 2007 3:37 pm

My goodness Rockin Ron,

Exactly what was it you said that so upset Mr Hano? I can't guess from this thread, unless it was the "Mt Druitt by the sea" comment.

I thought that was both funny as well as having that necessary under-current of truth about it. I've sometimes had the same thought about parts of the Central Coast.

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Tue May 22, 2007 6:28 am

Just hope the development doesn't ever suffer from storm surges or the council and developer will be sued.

They now have to account for that as it is past the point of we didn't think it could happen but more a case of when..................... :arrow:

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Tue May 22, 2007 10:25 am

Johnno wrote:Just hope the development doesn't ever suffer from storm surges or the council and developer will be sued.

They now have to account for that as it is past the point of we didn't think it could happen but more a case of when..................... :arrow:
i drove through your neck of the woods on the weekend, on a quick dash from newy to qld and back. really nice place up there. coffs seems to have grown quite a bit since i was last there 15 or so years ago.

Hano
Local

Post by Hano » Tue May 22, 2007 11:50 am

oldman wrote:My goodness Rockin Ron,

Exactly what was it you said that so upset Mr Hano? I can't guess from this thread, unless it was the "Mt Druitt by the sea" comment.

I thought that was both funny as well as having that necessary under-current of truth about it. I've sometimes had the same thought about parts of the Central Coast.
Of course you wouldn’t understand oldman, your not one of the many pro-active local’s fighting for the preservation of Killalea.

No it wasn’t the Mt Druitt Comment. I didn’t realise Mt Druitt was packed full of expensive lookin dwellings, nor was it the fact that he knows so little about the area as to brand a certain break fat. Was quite funny. It wasn’t his opinion that I shouldn’t be callin the area pristine. It wasn’t the remarks of the “social problems” down here, for assaults and substance abuse are on the rise in the area and stats show the area is startin to rival the Northern Peninsula in that respect. What got me a little upset was his “Contention” that the local community would benefit from the very type of blowin latte sippin poodle lovers that are at the centre of the problem. You see it’s these blowin grubs on the Killalea trust board along with a couple corrupt council representatives (who I doubt have ever set foot on the beaches of concern) who help to instigate the proposal of these developments.

When minister for lands Tony Kelly recently visited the area preservation was not on his agenda. He saw the development of this pristine public land as a great opportunity to boost state revenue.

The park is poorly managed and the fact that the trust doesn’t want any Indigenous representation on the board is an indication that the trust’s motives are solely fiscal driven. Us, me, you, Ron, and more so our kids will bear the consequences.

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Tue May 22, 2007 8:13 pm

we had our car broken into down there in 1993.
the local cops didnt even know the place when we said Killalea or mystics

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Wed May 23, 2007 5:36 am

marcus wrote:i drove through your neck of the woods on the weekend, on a quick dash from newy to qld and back. really nice place up there. coffs seems to have grown quite a bit since i was last there 15 or so years ago.
Unfortunately marcus with-in the next 10 years the place will be 3 times the size it is today. :cry:

Just another paradise lost by short sighted people that don’t understand the importance for what the coastal strip means to the ecological survival of the wildlife that inhabit it now.

Like when was the last time someone caught a mud crab in Narrabeen or DY Lagoon ? :roll:
Hano wrote:The park is poorly managed and the fact that the trust doesn’t want any Indigenous representation on the board is an indication that the trust’s motives are solely fiscal driven. Us, me, you, Ron, and more so our kids will bear the consequences.
Sounds like the TRUST has been working on this outcome for some time. Shame but the whole coast north and south is being raped for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Maybe a push from the whole surfing community as one group for a moratorium on all future coastal development would be a good way to help preserve what is left. As a lot of people out there these days wear surf clothing.

Opps ................ I am dreaming again, like as if surfers give a tinkers arse about anything ...................... :shock:

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:51 am

i heard on the radio that a few developers (s**cklands, m**terton homes and others) have been contibuting to some councillors down the south coast that are being faverouble to the developers.