Good people in the Industry

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

moondoggie
regular

Re: Good people in the Industry

Post by moondoggie » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:09 pm

Chris Moss formerly of Hertage Surf Manly. Wish he was still there - that was sure one brave venture and he always did the right thing by the customers and I really enjoyed his efforts to put on the " Morning of the Earth" Concert at North head.

Also Ray Moran at Manly Slsc - the musuem is a must visit and Rays always got time for a yarn.

Hate to rap a politician and he knows I will never support his side of politics, But I don't think there would be a greater servant of surfing in NSW than Mike Baird and yes, he does surf -with North Curly longBoarders.
8)
"I JUST SPENT 6 MONTHS BUYING LEAKY BOATS
2O MILLION BUYING BOATS
GLOBAL WARMINGS CRAP
SO BURNING 'EMS JUST ANOTHER 20 MILLION UP IN SMOKE"
Apologies to Tim Finn

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:15 pm

loofy wrote:I hate this thread. imagine it feels like a circle jerk off
Stave off the imagination. Get some friends together.
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

Karlos
Snowy McAllister

Post by Karlos » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:25 pm

moondoggie wrote:Chris Moss formerly of Hertage Surf Manly.
Nice guy. I'm guessing the disappearance of Heritage is reflective of the current retail climate more than anything, or has he got something to do with the Patagonia store that's popped up in its place?
moondoggie wrote:Also Ray Moran at Manly Slsc - the musuem is a must visit and Rays always got time for a yarn.
Wasn't aware there was a museum there. Have to check it out sometime.

moondoggie wrote:Hate to rap a politician and he knows I will never support his side of politics, But I don't think there would be a greater servant of surfing in NSW than Mike Baird and yes, he does surf -with North Curly longBoarders.
8)
What exactly has he done for surfing? Not that I've been paying attention, but short of the mal on the wall of his office, I have no idea what he's contributed.

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:31 pm

Morgan The Moon wrote:Dick Van Straalen.

I drove up to Burleigh to collect a board.

The board itself is like nothing else I have, and he spent time going through the design, made a different fin for me, threw in a T-shirt, sticker and WAX . Him and his Missus spent time talking to my missus and my youngest grom about the early days up on the Gold Coast, egyptian hieroglyphics. A top bloke, no nonsense and easy to deal with.
DVS is a national treasure.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

Lard Lad
regular

Post by Lard Lad » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:47 am

Neil Rech - Sedition Surfboards

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:04 pm

[quote="loofy"]I hate this thread. imagine it feels like a circle jerk off[/quote]

Mate I think you mean these forums in general have become one big a cicle jerk off MORE and MORE :D

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:16 pm

I think you’re right Natho. It’s time we bring back some hatred and anger. Life is boring without negativity.

I wanna feel suffering and pain in cyber space. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

How else are we gonna measure our happiness ? :roll:

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:33 pm

kreepykrawly wrote:It’s time we bring back some hatred and anger. Life is boring without negativity.
You miserable good for nothing fcuken cnut. Waste of O2. Do us all a favour and jump off a very high structure. Oh, and for our enjoyment, have someone vid it.

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:50 pm

I have a few for sure:

John and Andy and all the guys at Dripping Wet Surf Co. They've always been nothing but helpful whenever I've been in there for odds and ends, or when friends of mine need to hire boards for me to teach them how to surf. John is a bit of a character too, funny guy.

Phil Way. Just chatted to him for the first time the other day to ask about curing time on a board, MP was away on holidays. He was a super nice bloke, had a great laugh with him and gave me some good tips for curing. He got me all excited about the semi-finless craft he glassed for me. He doesn't get to hear from customers often so he was stoked to have a chat to one, the shapers always get the front seat.

Craig at Splash ding repairs in Mona Vale. A really nice guy and super helpful. Every ding repair hes done has been top quality and he always offers extra help whenever he can. Great bloke and deserves a free six pack of beer each repair job he does for me. His fridge is always full of them too, different types, I'm obviously not the only one.

and...

Me, cause I am.

also, I forgot. The guys at Quicksilver wetsuits. I got the Long Reef wetsuit shop to send in a wetsuit for repair, didn't hear from them for ages and ages, had to keep calling the shop to chase them up several times because Quicksilver kept saying "a couple more weeks, not yet", "almost there, call back in a couple of weeks". Finally after lots of waiting Quicksilver tell me they've lost my wetsuit and will refund a full $300 for a new suit (this suit was years old, so refunding the value new was pretty good).

I was in the shop with my new O'Neil suit in my hands and just as I was leaving they got a call saying they'd found the wetsuit. Too late!
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:02 pm

Cpt.Caveman wrote:Me, cause I am.
Might just be the sage advice to all the injured RSers.
Or the comprehensive board reviews.
Totally different to kreepykrawly, who is a prick. :wink:

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:11 pm

ok the circle toss off is in full form. At the moment swvic is tossing off the caveman. Who's next? Bout time Roy jumped into the circle.

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:15 pm

No, not Roy :!: Anyone else? Sure. Just, please, please, please, not Roy. You're a cnut for thinking it. I fcuken hate you.

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:46 pm

suck a dik fk face

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:13 pm

Natho wrote:ok the circle toss off is in full form. At the moment swvic is tossing off the caveman. Who's next? Bout time Roy jumped into the circle.
You're just as bad for watching and enjoying the show! Just aren't man enough to participate...

haysie
regular

Post by haysie » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:40 pm

Braithy - I can look at a guy like Sonny Bill Williams, his physique and face, and appreciate, he's a good looking guy

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:49 pm

Captn Im sure if I was to join in the cicle and toss you, you wouldn't even have the courtesy to give me a reach around in return. I know your type. :roll:

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:56 pm

Natho wrote:Captn Im sure if I was to join in the cicle and toss you, you wouldn't even have the courtesy to give me a reach around in return. I know your type. :roll:
I thought you weren't keen! Confused I see...

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:49 pm

Mate Id be careful what you say. I just stumbled on the 'toss off priddy' thread by mistake. All this talk on there of fondling each others 'dim sims', stroking your 'fat bats' and giving each other the 'fish finger'. Enough said.