Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Beanpole » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:29 pm

Tama reef 0.05 really good fun on the lid. Like being on holiday with 32 degree temp.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

the hulkster
Grommet

Post by the hulkster » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:43 am

Snuck out for a quick one at sun up down Torquay way this morning, not a bad one pushing through. Strong westerly coming through was the coldest it has been down here for a while it was warmer keeping your hands in the water than out. 2 days ago it was 26 degrees and shorts and t shirt today its layers of warmth. Love Vicco weather.

petulance
Huey's Right Hand

Post by petulance » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:01 pm

Is every man and his dog out at South Maroubra today? It hasn't been this crowded since ... last summer.
smnmntll wrote: She's also moderately hot, with a bit of that petulance-approved titless starved whippet look about her but still pretty decent.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:12 pm

Definitely crowded in mid. Although not at first. It looked a lot better than it was. It was like Bondi had migrated there for the day.
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Rustt
barnacle

Post by Rustt » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:48 am

the hulkster wrote:Snuck out for a quick one at sun up down Torquay way this morning, not a bad one pushing through. Strong westerly coming through was the coldest it has been down here for a while it was warmer keeping your hands in the water than out. 2 days ago it was 26 degrees and shorts and t shirt today its layers of warmth. Love Vicco weather.
Can't say I'm luvin it.
Attachments
phone sept 243a.jpg
Icy Saturday morning

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:47 pm

Gee just like the Bondi of old out there today. That is with heaps of effluent in the water. Whats going on?
:P :P :P :P :P
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:03 pm

Perfect right hand barrels on The Island today. Three to four foot with next to no wind. Not a cloud in the sky and 4 of us out. Had a scare coming in as I flicked off the back of one. It sucked me back down onto the reef and my leggie got caught around some coral, bloody thing wouldn't let me up and I had to relax as three waves hit me before I could get it off my ankle.
I suppose every now and then Mother Nature likes to remind you that's she's still the boss out there!
4 hour Session YEW
Everyone has to pay their reef taxes!

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:25 pm

Nice work Ledge, although a wee bit scary having a 3 wave hold down!!

Looks like you should have a sustained period of swell on the way. Any pics?

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:25 am

Donweather wrote:Nice work Ledge, although a wee bit scary having a 3 wave hold down!!

Looks like you should have a sustained period of swell on the way. Any pics?
When I say three wave hold down, I was hit by three waves before I got loose, thank God I was able to get my head above water for a few gasps of air before getting dragged back under. Don't think I'd survive a real 3 wave hold down like the big boys.

No pics, wasn't really expecting anything worth taking photos of. I'm buying a new camera on the way back next trip so I'm hoping to get some good quality pics this season.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:33 am

This morning was way better than I'd hoped for. Two hours and I'm pretty much stuffed.

Anyway, on the way out to the keyhole at 5am, there were two reasonable sized carpet snakes doing the Tamoure amongst the rocks. Got a bit of a shock as I realised what they were and only about 10' away from where I was putting my leggie on.
According to other guys coming out later they were still at it 1½ hours later. :shock:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:54 pm

Nice Trev!!!

I surfed just up the road from you and whilst conditions were pristine, the bank situation left alot to be desired!!! :(

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:29 pm

I'll be there, 5am...Yew

petulance
Huey's Right Hand

Post by petulance » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:31 pm

What happened to the outdoor shower in the South Maroubra carpark? It is no longer there. Did the council remove it to prevent backpackers in campervans from showering?
smnmntll wrote: She's also moderately hot, with a bit of that petulance-approved titless starved whippet look about her but still pretty decent.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:42 pm

Years ago it had the nozzle off and when I turned the shower on it shot straight through the window of this car parked next to the shower, past the dog in the passenger seat and blasted the woman in the drivers seat on the other side :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: She didn't know what hit her.

Manly yesterday, bondi today, both marginal.
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

petulance
Huey's Right Hand

Post by petulance » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:13 am

^^^

The Victorian does complain too much. Those pics of Manly look much better than the slop I went out in later in the afternoon.

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:26 pm

Surfed Avalon today. I was mightily unimpressed with the surf and the standard of surfing. I might give a miss next time.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:58 pm

Surfed tiny, weanie Bondi yesterday arvo and I think my knees are going to give out if I keep trying to ride little waves like that. Fun though sort of.
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?