Just in case someone didn't get it yet . . . .

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Re: Just in case someone didn't get it yet . . . .

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:07 pm

huie
Local

Post by huie » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:21 pm

hey roy nice work
id be interested to see some off your detractors on here

put the 16ftr in good trim :roll: lets make it easy say 3' snapper :)

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:35 pm

Our mass debate with Roy is one way of getting our posts up. :shock:
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:49 pm

otway1949 wrote:Our mass debate with Roy is one way of getting our posts up. :shock:
Oh God! Can you imagine Roy in the local debating society? :roll:

ps. I'm gonna get to 5000 this year - maybe. :|
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:13 pm

Debating is a ridiculous spectator sport where those who have the greatest number of brainless one line jokes or the most attractive tits always win.

I don't partake.

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:15 pm

huie wrote:hey roy nice work
id be interested to see some off your detractors on here

put the 16ftr in good trim :roll: lets make it easy say 3' snapper :)

Yeah it's a pice of piss riding a 70 pound board :roll: :lol: but some of them might need disposable nappies.

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:53 pm

In fairness I'm having a look at some of the sites on pre Maori settlement.
Some interesting reading, might be up there with the Bradshaw figures pre Aborigine rock art.
Suggest for Roy a book called Uriel's Machine.
When I read more I might say more but I still eskimo roll my way.
BTW Roy an insult doesn't work when it has to be explained across cultural boundaries.
Are you are fan of Ian Dury and the Blockheads to dig that one up :?:
Another by the way there was another Stone age construction found near Stonehenge recently it was an almost exact copy of the henge but in wood? The baron's ancestors.
Yes! you do you debate. Every contrary point :!:

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:47 pm

Cheers Otway I'll see if I can dig up a copy.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:41 am

Roy_Stewart wrote:Debating is a ridiculous spectator sport where those who have the greatest number of brainless one line jokes or the most attractive tits always win.
I'm not referring to the relatively recent phenomenon of celebrity television debates but debates as they used to be. You say you went to uni Roy. Surely they had a debating society. If they did and you didn't "partake", you lose. (sorry "loooose") :lol:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:33 am

Hi Trev, yesm any debates happened in lectures, tutorials, in the coffee bars and pubs and in the philosophy library. . but I didn't partake in the trained monkey team debates.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:39 am

Roy_Stewart wrote:Hi Trev, yesm any debates happened in lectures, tutorials, in the coffee bars and pubs and in the philosophy library. . but I didn't partake in the trained monkey team debates.

They're only "trained monkeys" if you let someone dictate the way you conduct the debate.
Where I went, the debaters pretty much called the tune.
Beanpole

Skipper

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:59 am

I'm pretty sure I've found a wave that is ideal on all counts for Roy's boards!
It's in the lands of Celtic reality and mythology, it divides the lands of Celts from the lands of the upstart german British Kings and the Blairean conspiracies>
The physical requirements are a strong solid board of severe stability.
Much of what Roy says bring comment in like the tide.
So to me it seems an appropriate theatre for the Resolute Salmon would be the tidal bore of the river Severn .
And in the land of the Gauls there is the Mascaret, coffee, baguettes, red wine and rich and nouveau rich Chateau owners, who flock to new fashion after all Monaco is only a half country away.
Sell a board there and the Rainbow Warrior has been repaid :D

BTW I have made one attempt at the Mascaret, tidal co-efficients did not meet my airline schedule , but another genuine attempt is planned for 2012, something big is listed then!

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:47 pm

Haha yes the bore would be a blast, I hear there are some secions where extreme shallow draft is required

:shock:

trm85
Grommet

Post by trm85 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:03 pm

The board is the same as this http://www.boatsonline.com.au/boats-for ... fino/51977. I know what I'd prefer.

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:27 pm

Presumably you mean that the price is similar.

Why do you assume that a person can own only one of the two items ?

Obviously there is no such restriction for the extremely wealthy, and I predict that they'll be buying quivers of my boards. . .. quivers increase the enjoyment a lot and what's a couple of million to a multi billionaire ?

Dingus
Owl status

Post by Dingus » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:15 pm

The power of positive suggestioning :lol:

You should be trolling Fortune 500 forums, if you're not already. It's a new financial year, there's a federal election looming and we're probably still worried about the GFC. You'll need to kick some coconut trees in the Caymans, or yodel down a couple ravines in the Swiss Alps to find some buyers at the moment.
offshore1 wrote:^^^I don't think anyone really cares [about boogie boarders] anymore Dae.
\none left on the forum.

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:04 pm

Thanks for the suggestion Dae 8)

still here
charger

Post by still here » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:36 am

Good luck to Roy . I reckon he'll find a taker for the Baron at "528 large ones" Baron .

It's amazing how 3 boulders positioned "just so " (the type of thing seen in corporate headquarter foyers ) can be sold as "art" worth up to 500 large one's - If sold with the right eccentricity attached to it . Three boulders wouldn't cost more than $500 for the artist to purchase but would never be placed as art in the foyer if "the artist" charged $1500 .

The trick is to NEVER drop your price . You could probably never sell the Baron for 100 large ones - but Roy will probably succeed if he keeps it the ourageous price "528 large ones" he is asking .
Like the three boulders positioned "just so" there must be an interesting story to it - and I reckon the bullshit about the healing quality of the pricing being 528 (the sego freddi 6 sound wave bullshit ) will do it .Thats Brilliant Marketing .
Although it helps to be "native" in asking for outrageous art prices Roy can claim "blue blood eccentricity" . The purchaser will probably also want a photo together with Roy wearing that hippy tartan skirt thing , and have spent at least 2 nights - possibly sharing some acid- discussing sonic frequency healing . It's so important that the buyer feels he is actually buying a piece of the artists soul !

Go Roy :D