Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:36 am

Ringmaster wrote:I scored great waves Fri/Sat/today without a goatboat or SUP in sight, Nickelarse.
I am afraid I cannot say the same...only yesterday arvo I was having a quiet surf out the Peak when a short, almost stumpy looking man paddled out on a SUP and started catching all the lefts!

When will they stop this accursed behaviour.

nthnbeachesguy
Local
Location: Sydney, where??? dont take a rocket scientist to figure that out!

Post by nthnbeachesguy » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:20 am

The only decent wave at flinders is meanos I reckon and the other one just a bit further out. Big left is pretty average and as stated is populated by far too many SUP and goat boat enthusiasts, having said that it's a very picturesque spot to go for a surf. Had good waves at gunna early last week but the island was the goods friday arvo where the little shark bait fellas in there black and white suits star every night and sunday not too far from there was really really good. Put a couple of pics up in my old thread.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:57 pm

The season shifted gears in a major fashion Friday night.
Over a month of clean east swell, tahitian blue water and a certain kind of feeling that only the Coral Sea can provide : the feeling that this swell will last forever....don't know of any other sea that can dish up swells that last for weeks.
Now we have a southwards migrating trough, flood rain and the rivers will be spewing brown sediment.
No more clear water.
Somehow reminds me of the last paragraph of old dosti-offskies crime and punishment:
"But that is the beginning of a new story- the story of the gradual renewal of a man, the story of his gradual regeneration, of his passing from one world into another, of his initiation into a new, unknown life. That might be the subject of a new story, but our present story is ended"
Wednesday will be big at the Point.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:07 pm

nthnbeachesguy wrote:The only decent wave at flinders is meanos I reckon and the other one just a bit further out. Big left is pretty average and as stated is populated by far too many SUP and goat boat enthusiasts, having said that it's a very picturesque spot to go for a surf. Had good waves at gunna early last week but the island was the goods friday arvo where the little shark bait fellas in there black and white suits star every night and sunday not too far from there was really really good. Put a couple of pics up in my old thread.
Sh.it man do you reckon the Gunnery is better than Big Left?????? Surfed both of them for years and I know where I'd rather go.

I've surfed Meanos a couple of times but have found it is much more suited to a short board and I don't have one worth riding any more. That and the kid that became a quad from the joint kind of scared me off.
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

nthnbeachesguy
Local
Location: Sydney, where??? dont take a rocket scientist to figure that out!

Post by nthnbeachesguy » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:20 pm

Not gunnery, that looks weak as, the other one further out I was told is called mexicans or someting like that. I ride a shortboard so it's no biggy for me. I think everywhere has had it's horror stories and if ya listened to em you probably wouldn't surf anywhere. Most reef break of any consequence have had some pretty bad accidents over the years, Express point has guys airlifted out almost every season i was told but unfortunately that doesn't stop it from getting crowded as hell. I was at Lances left in Indo the day a guy went headfirst into the reef and was clinically dead for 3 mins or so. i guess you need to know your limitations as to where you can and can't surf. Theres a couple of places on my list of maybe's, Chopes springs to mind as does Ours.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:33 pm

How was the busted arse?
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

AZ
regular

Post by AZ » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:03 pm

nthnbeaches - you're close there. It's called Mexicos and it's out to the left of Meanos when looking out to sea. Actually two pretty short and sharp peaks that can be fun but usually aren't great. I'll try and post a pic here of it looking much better than it usually does...
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k299/ ... inders.jpg

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:38 pm

merkin wrote:Pass again... still no Delilah... :( :( :( :arrow:

http://www.inbyronbaytoday.com/archives ... today.html
Gertrude's alright in any company, but Delilah. Damn merkin, I had almost erased the memory of dear Delilah from my mind. She's even better on second viewing, and third, and fourth. I think there may be bit of lip showing there. :shock: :shock:

Goddamn. :mrgreen:
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:44 pm

Oh yes, surf. Friday I was free through the morning and it was crap. The waves and conditions improved in direct proportion to my availability falling. It was quite nice when I couldn't get out for a surf from Friday arvo.

All Saturday and first part of Sunday I'm alone with the kids, no chance of escape, and the conditions just getting better and better, Sunday morning just beautiful.

Sunday midday, I'm free, along with the 100,000 other people who were down at the beach.

Sunday arvo, 5.00pm, the flags are coming down at South Maroubra. Swell is up, it's messy and rippy and fairly straight but just nice to be in the water. Waves hitting the bank with some force down there. Lotsa fun.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:36 pm

merkin wrote:Give yourself an uppercut Oldboy... that's not a hairlip either :mrgreen:
Yeah, noticed that, and I think that's a g-string. Should have got a behind shot so that we could make a firm decision (he hee) regarding the relative qualities of Gertrude and Delilah. Gerty is sporting a fine rack there. Better go and have another look. :mrgreen:

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:15 pm

just got back from a surf at tea trees with trev, bit of a circus again but caught a few waves amongst the crowd :shock: Now I know why people like it so much, a long wave with a good open face to play on. Caught one from out the back all the way through, thanks trev :lol: :lol:

Question is, would I surf Noosa when my local is breaking, answer no, even though the waves would not be as good would still get more waves at home and enjoy myself more. I will surf Noosa again as would love to try granites next time.
Last edited by diggerdickson on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

Clif
barnacle

Post by Clif » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:26 pm

I am going to go sit with a heater precariously balancing on the edge of a bath tub.

Have you seen the footage coming in of Kirra and Byron and the like.

whimper :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

f#$^& you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:40 pm

I've had a really big day.
Surfed Moffats for about and hour and a half. Best day for a week. Swell's changed direction a bit so it's a lot cleaner, good sets, nice clean faces. :lol:
Came in and went up to Noosa to meet up with Digger. I had to park in the main beach car park and walk out to Nationals to hook up with him, then we went around to Ti Tree which, like he says above was crowded - but not frustratingly so. We both caught waves. Nice to paddle straight into one as you reach the line up. 8)
Had another hour or so here but by now it's late morning and my old Scottish skin is starting to feel it so I made the long walk back to my car.
What an absolutely FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC day 8)
Moffats and Noosa in one day - why? Because I can. :wink:
And here's a green meany for all the rest of you. :mrgreen:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:41 pm

Clif wrote:I am going to go sit with a heater precariously balancing on the edge of a bath tub.
BUMP
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:44 pm

Where the HELL are all the reports of Burleigh, Kirra etc

Does no RSurf inhabitant surf there. Fark! The images are off their nuts.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:58 pm

Fcuken swell in Sydney is off the charts. Solid 12' + groundswell under chaotic windswell and sea state. Beaches are lucky there's not a king tide right now.

Come on wind piss off! or turn a bit more sth or something. Let us surf 15' waves.