Surf Cowards

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Re: Surf Cowards

Post by kreepykrawly » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:26 am

Most on here I consider to be either oblivious to the 'human condition' or bi polar hypocrits.
As Jesus said " he who is not without sin cast the first stone" ...or something like that..
Seriously I know very few who have sat idly by during their hormone production years while people have slung mud in their face.
Road rage...pushing in front of you rage'...the missus txt'ing the pool man @ 3 in the morning rage'...the kids throwing a golf ball at the new flat screen tv 'rage'..

...most people have acted on rage or if they havent.. with new advancements to promote the increase in human life expectancy we can expect @ least one or two occasions where the opportunity for acting on rage will arise 'willing or not'.

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:52 am

Considering the volatility of the human animal..your best bet to avoid being the victim of 'rage' is to stop being a dick or entering environments where rage is easly cultivated and expressed.
I personally would hate to surf Snapper or walk through certain areas of America or Africa.
Police or no police someone is going to suffer.

el rancho
Duke Status

Post by el rancho » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:56 am

nice argument kooky krawly, except this happened 5 months later. hardly a 'crime of passion' is it?

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:10 am

The present day Cogonese remembered what the Belgiums did to their grandparents many years ago and would be willing presently to exact their inner rage on any white man shaking their hands too rigorously.

By jeebus..certain Chinese nationals will punish 3 generations of your family for crimes you commit.
No passion...just simmering rage.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:22 am

Nick Carroll wrote:Fcuk, guys used to do that a lot. Seldom with such shattering effect.

I don't get it, the person is obviously well known and recognisable, old mate here really should be getting the police on the case. Anyone who thinks a six month old drop-in requires this sort of action has a personality disorder.
Agreed.
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:23 am

I consider myself law abiding but if someone did something to my kids....the 'rage' would be over whelming and extreme...jail would not be a deterrent.

Whats your limit ???

Jorgo
Local

Post by Jorgo » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:43 am

The guy that did it is known to those who surf the line up regularly (not me anymore) - and its not a random action this guy has taken. Whether he is part of an older crew and considers he has "dibs" and therefore rights to waves regardless, I dont know either, but he does have a rep according to those interviewed on radio.
Who knows on the day 5 months ago if he'd alreadt been dropped in on by somebody else previously or wasnt getting any waves and this was his only wave after 3 hours and eye man drops in??
All could be contributing factors - but to go to that expent to "pay back" 5 months later - def something wrong in the mentality i'd reckon.
As I say I dont surf there anymore and if Currumbin is the most crowded break, then Snapper is on the podium shaking hands in second place #*!

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:53 am

Jorgo wrote:Who knows on the day 5 months ago if he'd alreadt been dropped in on by somebody else previously or wasnt getting any waves and this was his only wave after 3 hours and eye man drops in??
All could be contributing factors -
Imagine trying to explain that to a magistrate, you'd sound like a 2 yr old.

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:01 am

alakaboo wrote:
Jorgo wrote:Who knows on the day 5 months ago if he'd alreadt been dropped in on by somebody else previously or wasnt getting any waves and this was his only wave after 3 hours and eye man drops in??
Imagine trying to explain that to a magistrate, you'd sound like a
alakaboo wrote:
Imagine trying to explain that to a magistrate, you'd sound like a 2 yr old.
Thanx s lot!!! just spat up me coffee all over the cat..thats sooo funny. Lol..

Hollowed out
regular

Post by Hollowed out » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:31 am

Snapper Boardriders just won that massive comp at Cronulla and $20k to boot. They obviously have some serious clout as to who is in their ranks and who calls 'dibs', pulls rank and has local presence out there.

So IF and I repeat IF, this stooge is known to them or the Surf Club (or heaven forbid is a member) or any of their members/local icons know him, then they simply have a duty as caretakers of that break to just cull him like any fair minded surf community would do.

So If he is known, Snapper Boardriders/Surf club can't have it both ways taking the big bucks from QS to host the Pro and showcasing the biggest sporting event on the GC and rap all the rewards that go with it whilst sticking their head in the sand by allowing this guy any kind of place in their ranks or turning a blind eye (excuse the pun). That really would be Gutless!

andy2476
Owl status

Post by andy2476 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:27 pm

maybe capt pugwash could grow some balls and not go cwying to the meedja every time he gets into a little blue. what a schmuck
Drailed wrote:
#goteamiggy

andy2476
Owl status

Post by andy2476 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:18 pm

seriously. whatever went on, possibly some sort of serious assault resulting in a pretty nasty looking injury. So what does he do? Gets his mug in the paper alongside a fairly dodgy sounding story. Na, I don't buy it.
Drailed wrote:
#goteamiggy

haysie
regular

Post by haysie » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:34 pm

I've heard it was Parko
Braithy - I can look at a guy like Sonny Bill Williams, his physique and face, and appreciate, he's a good looking guy

brendo
barnacle

Post by brendo » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:16 pm

el rancho
Duke Status

Post by el rancho » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:01 pm

supposedly a guy on a longboard

suck shit geoff mccoy for whinging about how dangerous pointy nose boards are and that's why everyone should be riding round nose boards like yours.

http://www.northernstar.com.au/news/sha ... gn/448059/

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:10 pm

Longboarder who was riding a fish at the time of the assault.
Fish could be anything with a swallow tail for most peeps.
Only a rat can win the rat race.

el rancho
Duke Status

Post by el rancho » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:34 pm

haha whoops

most dangerous part on a surfboard is the fins. DH has solved that problem

http://vimeo.com/56040503

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:46 pm

Actually you would have to say as a group that cops are not renowned for their surfing skills. I'm sure there are some exceptions somewhere and there's always been plenty of mal riding and goat boating cops but generally they treat surfies like the beachside scum that they are :-D-:
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?