Flesh eating surfers

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

CaptKooK
Grommet

Re: Flesh eating surfers

Post by CaptKooK » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:21 pm

The dawn of time? Adam and Eve were vego so we actually began as vegos and as man morally evolves we will head back to that garden of eden existence( thats the goal anyway)

Can't speak for everyone but my opinion is that one man just going for a fish is not the reason I'm vego, it becomes a problem when you have these massive nets just grabbing everything and don't forget factory farming.

Even if you do eat animals keeping them indoors for their entire lives not getting the chance to feel sunlight doesn't seem quite right.

I find it troubling that people seem to be proud of their lack of compassion.

yomutha
Grommet

Post by yomutha » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:23 pm

CaptKooK wrote:The dawn of time? Adam and Eve were vego so we actually began as vegos and as man morally evolves we will head back to that garden of eden existence( thats the goal anyway)
Even though I really do respect you, please don't go there...

CaptKooK
Grommet

Post by CaptKooK » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:27 pm

whats the problem with that post?

I'm just disputing that we have been eating animals since the dawn of time.

I often hear this argument which I find a cop out, our teeth are like this, its nature etc as if they have no choice!

Thats what makes humans unique, our ability to make these choices.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:35 pm

CaptKooK wrote: I find it troubling that people seem to be proud of their lack of compassion.
How far down the chain does your compassion extend?
Does it extend to bacteria, mosquitos, viruses.
Every ideological movement to impose compassion on human beings, including the biblical parable quoted has only lead to tyranny and suffering.
Steve
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

yomutha
Grommet

Post by yomutha » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:39 pm

I just don't like the Christian system. I really think their morals and their outlook on life is top notch, but at the moment, with their position of power in society, the invasion of peoples beliefs (abortion etc.)and their creationist theory that makes absolutely no sense, I just don't think it's appropriate to use Christianity values to educate people about the morals of eating meat.

Dingus
Owl status

Post by Dingus » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:45 pm

CaptKooK wrote:whats the problem with that post?

I'm just disputing that we have been eating animals since the dawn of time.

I often hear this argument which I find a cop out, our teeth are like this, its nature etc as if they have no choice!

Thats what makes humans unique, our ability to make these choices.
I thought that the problem was the religious reference.

To be fair to you, I'll say that I'm not religious and as such am tempted to wave away any attempts at justification of a standpoint in a subject not directly related to verifiable facts in a religious document (apart from literary discussions) by pointing to references in the Bible, or indeed any text of a religious nature, without a second thought. However, each is able to have their own views so I'll respect yours. Though, doesn't it say that god created the animals for our use?

Edit: Oops, a reply was made before I posted this.
offshore1 wrote:^^^I don't think anyone really cares [about boogie boarders] anymore Dae.
\none left on the forum.

CaptKooK
Grommet

Post by CaptKooK » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:24 pm

Shearer- I'm not saying I won't kill a mozzie but I would be aggressive towards a cow if it was trying to suck my blood. I think we could begin our compassion including meat eaters to get rid of factory farming and devolve back to an old mcdonald variety. I understand the people who profit from this industry would not be happy but even if you do think animals are less than us they should have at least have access to sunlight and a natural diet and not be treated like an item.

I find it strange you can be put in prison for abusing a kitten while the judge will go home and have lamb chops for dinner!

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:08 pm

I’ve had this thing floating around my head (the one on top of my shoulders) for a while.

I’m not sure what I would do if I was shipped wrecked on an Island with a hot chick whether I would put the hard word on her… or try to eat her.

I guess I could do both but that would take the romance out of the pre dinner love making sesh.

P.S My brain has been hemorrhaging some diabolical fantasies since New Years Eve.
:oops:

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:09 pm

CaptKooK wrote:would you eat a puppy, dolphin, chimp?
Puppies aren’t that nice to eat … but if you wrap them in bark and cook over an open fire … they become a nice appetiser to woof down prior to a main course of fresh dolphin steak … dolphin is quite the delicacy and tastes somewhat like baby fur seal … a nice accompaniment to the dolphin is a side dish of braised chimpanzee which surprisingly has the same taste as a succulent koala. Always remember to serve these dishes with a nice dry white … and a grain of salt.

CaptKooK wrote:The dawn of time? Adam and Eve were vego so we actually began as vegos and as man morally evolves we will head back to that garden of eden existence( thats the goal anyway)
No-no-no … that’s so wrong on so many levels … born again creationist vegetarianism ... what next

:?:
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:27 pm

CaptKooK wrote:would you eat a puppy, dolphin, chimp?
I might eat YOU.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:28 pm

kreepykrawly wrote:I’m not sure what I would do if I was shipped wrecked on an Island with a hot chick whether I would put the hard word on her… or try to eat her.
Not nearly imaginative enough kk.

You could train her to catch fish. Then she could feed you AND you could have sex with her.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:41 pm

yomutha wrote:I'm confused with your concept of "respect" when you kill something... Does that mean if I killed you while respecting your scary little hide, would that be alright?

Killing anything 'humanely' is absolute bullshit. I'm pretty sure the animals wouldn't like the idea of becoming your food... So why kill em anyway? Because we're better than em?! Ha!
I'm answering this out of sheer polity.

You wanna KILL me? Give it a shot. Otherwise don't even mention it. Like, I mean it, don't even go there.

It is absolutely possible to consider animals with respect, and still kill 'em for food. I bet you just love the native Americans hey. They -- and every other hunter-gatherer race on Earth, including the wonderful pre-European Australians, the Polynesians who invented surfing among other things, on and on and on -- killed animals to eat all the time. They often carried out rituals of thanks to the animals they killed. Ooooo how immoral they were! Forcing themselves on the world's animal protein sources!

I tell ya what, if I was out surfing and a shark took me out, the last thing I'd want anyone to do in response would be to kill the shark.

I'm not bothering to challenge your approach to food on some lame arse moral basis, why are you doing the opposite?

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:44 pm

yomutha wrote:Humans on the other hand, are turning the world into an absolute shithole due ignorance or egotistical thinking.

So why do we insist on killing animals?
Power. Narcissism. Vanity.
Wouldn't be because you just dislike humanity would it?

ahh whatever. Back to slaughtering cabbages.
Last edited by Nick Carroll on Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CaptKooK
Grommet

Post by CaptKooK » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:45 pm

I meant the adam and eve thing figuratively, so calm down everyone I know you can't stand alternate views.

I love it when the tough questions get asked such as why not eat dogs everyone does their best to do a funny and thus avoids the question.

'Ignorance is bliss'

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:48 pm

CaptKooK wrote:'Ignorance is bliss'
And pomposity is f**ken hilarious.

turtle
barnacle

Post by turtle » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:51 pm

it feels naturnal for me to catch kill cook eat fish i catch.
i throw back about 95% fish i catch.
me and missus not need too much.

grew up raising MEAT so we could eat.

full respect for people decide not eat meat, more for me :lol:
signatures, finally got it covered.

CaptKooK
Grommet

Post by CaptKooK » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:54 pm

In response to the native point of view, eating meat would have been essential to survive and they caught their own food so there was respect. We now live in an age where it is not necessary to eat meat just a want and no respect for these animals stuck in factory farms.

Our ancestors used to have slaves and made women cover their knees amongst other things we no longer do. Doing something just because someone else did is a poor excuse and very ignorant of the realities of modern day meat.