Arghh you American bastards!

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

US company Decker registering the name 'Ugg Boots' and forcing Aussie's to stop selling our own part of history.

Good on them for having the business acumen to see the opportunity and grab it!
No votes
Ahh who cares, I'll just as happily buy me some 'Ogg Boots' as long as they keep my toes warm...
13%
These megalomaniac bastards will die and burn in hell for pissing on our heritage!
87%

Total votes: 31

fletch
regular

Post by fletch » Tue Feb 10, 2004 2:43 pm

Most yanks I've met are quite nice people.

As s/c has pointed out the problem is U.S. Corporations and U.S. Foreign Policy, in other words the U.S. govt, not your average American. I mean sh!t, the current U.S. govt wasn't even elected by the majority of Americans.

Anyway, I'm not going to waste anymore breath on the subject. I don't see the U.S. govt changing its foreign policy anytime soon.

stuey

Post by stuey » Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:01 pm

heheh well surfchaser, I work mainly in the Auto industry and deal with 'wanks' everyday. On the most part, they lie and BS as part of business. Hold themselves up as the best, but are far from it. Have one yank mate and he is ok. One outa a few thousand I've met. hahah. Stick the beers up yar onion ring mate, thanks for the invite tho. I aint a fan of yaz, thats all. And, I lived among the buggerz for almost two years, so don't go dribblin on about how clueless I am, ya wank!

Surfchaser
Grommet

Post by Surfchaser » Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:28 pm

stuey -

You work in the auto industry and encounter "wanks" everyday? Noooo...., go figure. And I quote, "On the most part, they lie and BS as part of business". Umm, hello stuey, it's the AUTO INDUSTRY.

Not one to "take the bait" on commentary such as your's, I couldn't help but point out the obvious. Smile stuey, and I'll keep the beers on ice.

- SC

american bastard

Post by american bastard » Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:16 pm

stuey wrote:heheh well surfchaser, I work mainly in the Auto industry and deal with 'wanks' everyday. On the most part, they lie and BS as part of business. Hold themselves up as the best, but are far from it. Have one yank mate and he is ok. One outa a few thousand I've met. hahah. Stick the beers up yar onion ring mate, thanks for the invite tho. I aint a fan of yaz, thats all. And, I lived among the buggerz for almost two years, so don't go dribblin on about how clueless I am, ya wank!
just want to get clear, you work in the car business, your location is japan and youre an expert on americans. i live in the US and havent met a few thousand americans in my lifetime.

the only difference between americans and australians is the interpretation of the english language. people are people, stereotypes are for idiots.

american bastard

Post by american bastard » Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:24 pm

one more thing i have no idea why anyone wears those boots. am not supporter of decker, designer surfwear has limited appeal as i get older.

american bastard

Post by american bastard » Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:47 pm

right on kimmy, agree with what you wrote. your last sentence about the views held by huge numbers of americans could be changed to the majority of americans.

sorry to hear that fox news broacasts in australia. now the anti american thread makes sense.

nycwipeout

Post by nycwipeout » Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:32 pm

Bondi Boy: if you're the same goon that posts on newyorksurf.com then you've got no backbone. You bitch & moan about everything. Living in NYC is trumps - surf sucks, everything else rules better than any other joint on earth. Ya don't like it - f*ck off then - no ones asking you to stay. But I thought you were back in Avalon - so much or being a 'Bondi Boy'.

As for Uggs, yeah, they're the best & I've been wearing them all my life. The mindless justification for wearing them for the earlies in Sydney with air temps @ 3°C is hilarious compared to what we're faced with here in NYC (-10°C air temp & 1.5°C water temp). I'm proud to have my set here & to have my Yank wife into them too. Also, to see the hot model types strutting our surf wares through the aves & subway's of NYC is super cool - almost Barbarella like. I take pride in it. As for the assh*le US Co. taking advantage - good luck to 'em, they haven't got a leg to stand on if the 'real' co. gets decent international lawyers to back 'em up. A DBA under any name as long as Uggs has been doing it will insure their security in the name.

Blundstones' better beware - they're equally sought out for as are Bonds Tees.

Now why would anyone in their right mind (except for a yank) spend US$50 for a Bonds T and $US150 for a pair of basic Blunnies? It's a business of consumerism and they all buy into it one way or another, and don't be too naÏve fellow aussie mates, we do the same one way or another as well.

We're just not stupid enough to pay that much for it!

stuey

Post by stuey » Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:35 pm

Gee spot kimmy! You use those words as if they are negatives! I like doin and bein what I am. Democracy oks everything. Haven't ya heard? So up ya! RIGHT UP YA!

Bunker Spreckels
Grommet

Post by Bunker Spreckels » Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:40 pm

spotty wrote:What about the sheep we hollowed out to make those uggs?
Yeeh haa bruuuuuther.

I've hollowed out flocks of the fleecy fcuks on countless memorably forgotten psilocybe mushroom slides...

Peace Out

fletch
regular

Post by fletch » Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:50 pm

nycwipeout wrote:As for Uggs, yeah, they're the best & I've been wearing them all my life. The mindless justification for wearing them for the earlies in Sydney with air temps @ 3°C is hilarious compared to what we're faced with here in NYC (-10°C air temp & 1.5°C water temp).
hehehe most of your post was spot on dude but in regards to ugs, in Oz they are not surf wear, in fact they're worn by westies or bogans. The exact opposite of a surfy (if I could make such a definition).

Where most bogans live it is actually alot cooler. In Sydney for example, at night it can get down to say 10c on the coast but 50kms inland (westie paradise) it can be zero or less.

yep over here in Australia we are all just sitting around with our ugs on, drinking fosters and watching kangaroos bounce down the street :)

maddog
regular

Post by maddog » Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:00 am

Friggem

Bondi Boy

Post by Bondi Boy » Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:37 pm

[quote="nycwipeout"]Bondi Boy: if you're the same goon that posts on newyorksurf.com then you've got no backbone. You bitch & moan about everything. Living in NYC is trumps - surf sucks, everything else rules better than any other joint on earth. Ya don't like it - f*ck off then - no ones asking you to stay. But I thought you were back in Avalon - so much or being a 'Bondi Boy'.

Piss off you miserable old fucker... too long in New York has left you all bitter and twisted.

If you think NYC is the best place on earth you're more than welcome to it.

If you have learned anything at all in your 14 years in NYC they have something called freedom of speech which basically means I can bitch, moan and carry on as much as I fucken well like and there is nothing you can do about it.

Also since you acknowledge you only know me from a surf site and you also acknowledge that the waves in New York suck then it doesn't take a genius to figure out what I would be bitching and moaning about.

Some of us simply aren't happy sitting around surfing shit waves getting fatter and our boards getting ever longer.

And since you asked, yes I was back in Avalon, but only for a few months over summer to crash at my sisters place and surf out the cold NY months.

Home is Bondi, but the house I own there has tenants in so I couldn't exactly stay there. And since I grew up surfing there and it is the only place I have ever lived in Sydney I think it is fair enough I use the moniker I do.

I also must have spent too long in NYC cos instead of this long explanation I should've just told you to get fucked.

Oh yeah and anytime you wanna continue this blue over a few waves or a few piss weak American beers lemme know.

I'm up for it as long as you promise not to show up wearing fucken Uggs.
Last edited by Bondi Boy on Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

streetdaddy
Local

Post by streetdaddy » Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:05 pm

fletch wrote:
nycwipeout wrote:As for Uggs, yeah, they're the best & I've been wearing them all my life. The mindless justification for wearing them for the earlies in Sydney with air temps @ 3°C is hilarious compared to what we're faced with here in NYC (-10°C air temp & 1.5°C water temp).
hehehe most of your post was spot on dude but in regards to ugs, in Oz they are not surf wear, in fact they're worn by westies or bogans. The exact opposite of a surfy (if I could make such a definition).
I reckon here in the Southern states more surfers wear Uggs than bogans coz our winter mornings are PAIN... from april onwards I can't leave at dawn with out them!

fletch
regular

Post by fletch » Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:22 pm

no worries streetdaddy, I stand corrected :)

stuey

Post by stuey » Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:35 pm

Farg, I love me uggies. In fact, I've got 'em on now. Outside its 6 degreez now.Means I can wear shorts in the cave in which I live. The missus hates it, but hell I aint into impressin people. I aint a bogan either, and aint up meself, which ta me, is even worse than bein a bogan!

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:46 pm

fu*k off yanks. ugg boots r aussie n nuthin else. americans r about as aussie as a turban wearing suicide bomber