NORTH NARRABEEN .....FROM A LOCAL PERSPECTIVE

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

KK asks:

Do you hate me?
39%
Feel sorry for me?
26%
Think I should take my chardonnay and poodle back to Freshwater
35%

Total votes: 23

petelev4
Local

Post by petelev4 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:07 pm

hahaha no one cares so shutup.

loco4olas
charger

Post by loco4olas » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:35 pm

wanto wrote:kk, it's a lovely image of an east coast lefthander 100 times better than northy and hopefully you will never surf. unfortunately my website is down at the moment so it isn't coming up.
Mate,

Just leave the dikhead to play by himself.

nubby
charger

Post by nubby » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:50 pm

kreepykrawly wrote:dear wanto
wanto be a surfer but ended up being a booger.
wanto be a lady but ended up being a man so then....
wanto wanted to be a ladies man but ended up shooting blanks

wanto be like me but ended up being a "wanto"
good on ya mate.have a pear and let mum tuck u into bed.

booger? lady? :roll: mate, make it 4x overhead and he will eat ya fer breakfast kookykrawler.......

dan
regular

Post by dan » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:57 pm

kreepykrawly wrote:street daddy have you heard of a dynamic ip address and "borrowed" proxy addresses.U FOOL!!!!!. anyone can get a ip address tracker and wow you can tell me that im useing internet explorer version 6 and xp and im in australia. what a brain surgeon .youve just narowed me down to 5 million people.Big daddy i could track you.
AND THE OTHER THING IS THE THREAD WAS POSTED/DESIGNED TO STIR CONTROVERSY.IT WORKED I CAUGHT LOTS OF FISH .Nice to play with small minds.
Umm... whoever you are, that ip address stuff is in his signature which means three things:

1. it's harmless
2. everyone sees it, not just you (like your post would indicate).
3. you are trying to sound like an internet nerd but come off as a fool who doesn't really know what he's talking about.

Regardless of whether this thread was designed to stir controversy, that feeling of self-inferiority is still present in your mind. This thread has only served to make you realise that you're now dumber than you were before. If you think you can feed off negative emotions and not be more pissed off afterwoods then you're seriously deluding yourself. Subconciously you know you feel worse off for starting this thread.

We win - You lose.

And in answer to your question... yes, I can read your mind.

beach_defender
Grommet

Post by beach_defender » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:12 pm

kreepykrawly wrote: demands respect. .
Mate, that, right there is the problem, respect is a given thing. You must earn it. If Enricho (the as yet unknown but future world champ), on a visit from his home base in Indo, turns up with his cousins from 'way-out-west-where-the-rain-don't-fall), should he expect respect instantly?

Of course not, but then why do you have any more claim on respect from him?

You don't. If he can paddle faster than you, get better postion and catch more waves do you respect him for that or call him a wave-stealin kook?

You need to respect yourself first, then you must give respect to everyone else and hope that your example helps Enrichh have more fun.

Remember the best surfer out there is the one having most fun, so if you get pissed off, you lose - simple as that.

If the 'tourists' are not surfing that well you might always paddle over and actually try to help them. No one that is just learning really wants to get cleaned up on the biggest sets all the time, mostly they're out the back to get away from the waves. So you could point out a better section for them to try on.

I agree with the comment about taking on the role of punisher - its gonna backfire one day and that's gonna burt, physically or worse, legally, financially and socially. Bruises and cutrs go away criminal records don't (trust me I know).

Stay happy, stay well - and for gods sake chill out and enjoy it

( I've only been using a keyboard for 23 years - will learn to type soon, promise)
Last edited by beach_defender on Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't leave your crap on the beach, Stay well, Get involved...
(I'm taking typing lessons nexr weel)

Laurie McGinness
regular

Post by Laurie McGinness » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:32 pm

I don't agree with everything he has said (by some considerable margin) but KK has a valid point of view buried somewhere in there. From my perspective just about everywhere on the northern beaches suffers from serious over-crowding particularly in the afternoon and week end sessions but also very frequently these days, at other times as well. Many of those in the water are marginally competent or have come to that spot because it happens to be the best available on the day. Now some may disagree but to me, if I surf a break day in and day out without trawling the whole region for the best available, then when that break gets good, sorry kiddies, but I don't think you have the right to paddle out and claim equal access to the set waves and if you do, you might find that my response is less than warm and fuzzy and, depending on the frustration level, may even be on the hostile side. Yep we all have the right to surf wherever and whenever we like but we are not obliged to use it and those who advocate some sort of taking it in turns or whatever are unrealistic in the extreme in the kind of crowd conditions we get around here.

So when NN gets good and KK paddles out, looks around and sees fifty faces he hasn't seen since last time it was six foot and offshore, he has my sympathy! Violence is not the answer but a degree of controlled aggression is part of the culture!

dangersean
Grommet

Post by dangersean » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:00 pm

I'm also with laurie.. But i don't surf NN day in day out, because on any given day over 2 foot there are at least 30 guys out... don't feel the need to join them... I can see how KK could get frustrated. But I approach NN with a degree of respect. I wont paddle straight on the inside, let the crew catch there waves, slowly drift into spot the check behind me and go a wave. can honestly say I have never burnt anyoune out there.. therefore I have never received any hassles. I have seen other people tough talk out there for no other apparent reason but to intimidate. In my books that does nothing but kill the fun for everyone sufing.
i bent my wookie

countrybumkin
Grommet

Post by countrybumkin » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:14 pm

Laurie McGinness wrote:I don't agree with everything he has said (by some considerable margin) but KK has a valid point of view buried somewhere in there. From my perspective just about everywhere on the northern beaches suffers from serious over-crowding particularly in the afternoon and week end sessions but also very frequently these days, at other times as well. Many of those in the water are marginally competent or have come to that spot because it happens to be the best available on the day. Now some may disagree but to me, if I surf a break day in and day out without trawling the whole region for the best available, then when that break gets good, sorry kiddies, but I don't think you have the right to paddle out and claim equal access to the set waves and if you do, you might find that my response is less than warm and fuzzy and, depending on the frustration level, may even be on the hostile side. Yep we all have the right to surf wherever and whenever we like but we are not obliged to use it and those who advocate some sort of taking it in turns or whatever are unrealistic in the extreme in the kind of crowd conditions we get around here.

So when NN gets good and KK paddles out, looks around and sees fifty faces he hasn't seen since last time it was six foot and offshore, he has my sympathy! Violence is not the answer but a degree of controlled aggression is part of the culture!
Im starting to realize why sydney has such a lid problem. Why bother learnin to surf when youre dealin with r soles all the time. Heaps easier to just grab a farkin esky lid. Get the basics in a year. Then go out and pick waves off the old bastards who were hasslin ya.

The more you tighten your grip - the more it all slips through ya fingers.

Laurie McGinness
regular

Post by Laurie McGinness » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:48 pm

Que?
country bumkin Could you explain the link between your comment and my quote? Makes no sense to me.

countrybumkin
Grommet

Post by countrybumkin » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:09 pm

Paraphrase of your post:

I consider that cause I surf a break more often than you, and think that I surf better than you, then I deserve more waves than you.

Paraphrase of my post:

This mindset discourages people from learning to surf. They take easy way out and ride lid. Access to better waves in shorter timeframe.

Yours was most recent post expressing this opinion.

glug

Post by glug » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:38 pm

Laurie, I dont agree with your reply, it makes you out to be an intolerable, insecure surfer.

LaNkYbOoG
regular

Post by LaNkYbOoG » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:44 pm

yes indeed streetdaddy, it was wat i was doing that was mainly the cause of this verbal abuse, but u should never put someone down for wat they do, to each is all u should let everyone do wat they love doing, and for me thats bodyboarding :D
ILOVETOBOOGIE

nubby
charger

Post by nubby » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:04 pm

lank, i hardly ever surf northy, dont need the hassle, or dy point fer that matter, same deal......but if ya take a lid out to northy, expect to get hassled, its simple as that :roll:

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:48 pm

Umm... whoever you are, that ip address stuff is in his signature which means three things:

1. it's harmless
2. everyone sees it, not just you (like your post would indicate).
3. you are trying to sound like an internet nerd but come off as a fool who doesn't really know what he's talking about.

dear "dan" youre the fool.i was responding to streetdaddy" and his ip address attachment.If you actually go back a few steps u would see.IDIOT!!!! look i allready know you come from Burwood BUT THATS YOUR PROBLEM NOT MINE.

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:16 pm

HI
I WOUD LIKE EVERYONE THAT HAS BEEN INVOLVED IN THIS THREAD TO THANK ME FOR TEACHING THEM HOW TO SHOW RESPECT.
ITS BEEN A PLEASURE.
SO REMEMBER NEXT TIME YOU JUST ROCK UP TO A UNLOCAL BEACH SHOW THE LOCALS RESPECT AND YOU TO WILL GET RESPECT BACK.
P.S. SOME LIKE DAN ET AL WONT CAUSE.... WELL...THEYRE JUST LOOSERS.
LOVE KREEPY

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:27 pm

:lol: this thread is so stoopid.

KK we don't need un unrespecting person like you to tell us how we should respect locals in the surf. All you've done here is confuse people into an arguement.