Indo...is it worth it

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Re: Indo...is it worth it

Post by steve shearer » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:23 pm

Morning of the Earth has a lot to answer for.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

petulance
Huey's Right Hand

Post by petulance » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:16 pm

Since tonks mentioned Irian Jaya, surely the anti-Chinese pogroms in Indonesia need to be mentioned as well.
smnmntll wrote: She's also moderately hot, with a bit of that petulance-approved titless starved whippet look about her but still pretty decent.

Bobby Dazzler
Local

Post by Bobby Dazzler » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:30 pm

indonesian corruption, mass murder and anti-chinese progroms...
the act of killing (full movie)
http://hdmoviesinc.com/movies/The%20Act ... %282012%29

this is the best film i've seen in years.

petulance
Huey's Right Hand

Post by petulance » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:46 pm

^^^
Yup, I heard of that film. Not sure if I have the stomach to watch it.
smnmntll wrote: She's also moderately hot, with a bit of that petulance-approved titless starved whippet look about her but still pretty decent.

Bobby Dazzler
Local

Post by Bobby Dazzler » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:51 pm

petulance wrote:^^^
Yup, I heard of that film. Not sure if I have the stomach to watch it.
that's how i felt. i saw it at the film festival. the director introduced it, saying we would be watching the long version...there was an audible groan from the audience. standing ovation at the end. this one is worth it.

Bobby Dazzler
Local

Post by Bobby Dazzler » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:00 pm

thanks for the help everyone, but there's been a change of plans...stratch indonesia.
qamea island, fiji it is! looks great.

a family member did a runner to fiji in the 1800s...turns out i've got plenty of welcoming cousins in fiji!
Last edited by Bobby Dazzler on Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cranked
Duke Status

Post by Cranked » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:17 pm

bomboraa wrote: Lots of em realise the price they are paying for tourist development. One older fella said to me: "I've got a car, my kids go to school, my oldest son to university, but I miss the rice paddies which used to surround my home."
Yeah bommie, but the good thing is that a lot of the land is leased and they'll get it back, even the land that 'clever' westerners think they own.
“I don’t necessarily agree with everything I say ”— Marshall McLuhan

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:40 pm

An important thing to remember is that Java is colonising the whole archipelago, Javanese police in charge over a token local army barracks filled with Javanese troops and strike force Kopasus troops in charge .
There are a few islands that would break free, but however have learnt the East Timor lesson well.
There is still a huge power play by the military but some parliamentary democracy is creeping in. Corruption is still rife and ex army families are still dominant in the democracy and the resort business, grandsons of ousted presidents and high officials now court corrupt money from Russia and real under the table stuff from China.

Tony could learn a few things about leasing land, 25 years with an Indo partner possible? options to renew land reverts to owner and infrastructure reverts too. There may or may not be compensation for the leasee!
Disputes over this mostly find in favour of the leasor! Caveat Emptor indeed! :B
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:16 pm

How can anyone go to the Pacific?
They used to eat people :shock:
Look at all those military juntas.
Stay home it's the only way.
I mean if some place has a few thousand years of history who knows what they might have got up to.

We have decided to spend an extra day in the Tabanan region. The surfs too crap to leave. Really crowded too. Spent the day up in the mountains they were preparing for a very large ceremony. Not many people around actually.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:58 am

Still riding that single fin Ron?
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

ctd
barnacle

Post by ctd » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:41 pm

Rockin' Ron wrote:And I'm not surprised no one has mentioned the south coast of NSW so far as it is a bogan infested shit hole with no waves, crap food and a cultural cesspool. I've had just shy of four weeks down there so when I throw out ridiculously inept sweeping generalisations its from a solid base.
that's because you went over the holidays when its full of all the Sydney people who can't afford to go north

although I will give you cultural cesspool and variable food quality.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:01 pm

tonks wrote:With all due respect, I think you're missing the point.

Yup, reckon your right there, Tonksy.

Totally stuffed since the surf hasn't been rolling in non stop at this particular well known spot in the Tabanan Region. Bit windy this morning. Max about 10 guys out at its most crowded. 2 this morning and yesterday morning. Not a ridiculously consistent swell magnet either.

Sort of reminds me of Hikkadu when it's small. .....and the Cronulla Guys I hung out with there as well. They had a funny habit of saying everything opposite. They liked it when the locals shook their heads to say yes.
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Almighty God
regular

Post by Almighty God » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:18 pm

steve shearer wrote:Save your dough and go to Seal Rocks

See now thats where I finally got it right...all the other spots on your little island were just failed prototypes

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:06 pm

Yes the Seal Rocks right hander is the best wave in Australia, if not the world.
Although some may claim the entire wave is like the take off at Crescent on an average day.
Also to answer the original question. Yep.

Still no idea what Tonksy is on about.
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

bomboraa
regular

Post by bomboraa » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:28 pm

Just back from eight day hit and run to Bali courtesy of super cheap last minute decision Garuda deal.
Eight days of glass til 11 or noon, most days zephyr onshore in arvo to sunset glass off. Chest to head and a half every day. Sunny every day with a storm just one evening. Humidity wasn't even that taxing. Same general area as Mr Bean's recent sojourn.
So, yes, even Bali is worth it.
PS been going Virgin or Jetstar recently, so nice to have some decent bloody legroom with Garuda's seating, and a blanket, and pillow, and bottled water, and good movies. And no board fees.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:33 pm

Very similar weather and swell when I was there. Wind was not really an issue. Only one day it belted down before dawn. A bit wild and choppy till ten then bang back to offshore winds and sunshine. Had two surfs that afternoon as well.
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:39 am

bomboraa wrote:Just back from eight day hit and run to Bali courtesy of super cheap last minute decision Garuda deal.
Eight days of glass til 11 or noon, most days zephyr onshore in arvo to sunset glass off. Chest to head and a half every day. Sunny every day with a storm just one evening. Humidity wasn't even that taxing. Same general area as Mr Bean's recent sojourn.
So, yes, even Bali is worth it.
PS been going Virgin or Jetstar recently, so nice to have some decent bloody legroom with Garuda's seating, and a blanket, and pillow, and bottled water, and good movies. And no board fees.
How was the crowds this time of year?
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

petulance
Huey's Right Hand

Post by petulance » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:52 am

Apparently some of the warungs at Balangan were destroyed in a fire on Monday.