Surf Cowards

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Surf Cowards

Post by alakaboo » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:36 am

pretty sure there's a line about that in the Geneva convention

marauding mullet
Duke Status

Post by marauding mullet » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:37 am

ajohnsen wrote:Who's volunterring their garage or basement?
You can borrow my rape dungeon, Abbott took all the fun out of it by not resisting.
petulance wrote: 01100100 01101001 01100111 01101001 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01110111 01101111 01110010 01101011
Lucky Al wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:07 pm
You're a spazz Mighty Sunbird.

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:07 am

Anyone know if there is a Retravision close to the superbank? Say over in the Tweed?
I think I can organise to have this all sorted once and for all between the two parties concerned. Realsurf style.

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:43 am

Like what the Abberton's did to that lowlife in the bra?
Actually I've seen jimbo do some mean board spearing,
Let him lose out there without a leggy!

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:01 pm

Board spearing is a dog act. Use your fists if ya want to fight. Not a weapon when someone is not expecting it.

ajohnsen
Duke Status

Post by ajohnsen » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:16 pm

Natho wrote:Board spearing is a dog act. Use your fists if ya want to fight. Not a weapon when someone is not expecting it.
Yeah, if they're expecting it, cool.

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:30 pm

I like watching a good sword fight. Weapon on weapon. Possibly these chaps could challenge each other to a sword fight on the beach at snapper?

Surfnsmurf
Local

Post by Surfnsmurf » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:47 pm

Natho wrote:I like watching a good sword fight. Weapon on weapon. Possibly these chaps could challenge each other to a sword fight on the beach at snapper?
how about a board fight instead? id be using a bonzer
andy2476 wrote:If I ever renovate our bathroom. I'm gonna put in a little step thing for shaving my legs
beerfan wrote:like today tonight, same episode over and over and no one watching. *turns up volume*

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:50 pm

saltman wrote:
Natho wrote:Anyone know if there is a Retravision close to the superbank? Say over in the Tweed?
I think I can organise to have this all sorted once and for all between the two parties concerned. Realsurf style.
Tweed RetraVision closed down but there is the carpark out front of The Good Guys at South Tweed is ideal - handy to a medical center and Hungry Jacks !
Could be realsurf festival of the biff between two bozos
That sounds very appropriate.
We can sort the goodies from the baddies. We should tell the PM.
That would fit in nicely with his vision for the country.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

MrMik
regular

Post by MrMik » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:02 pm

tonks wrote:
andy2476 wrote:... ... ...
Early entry for troll of the year?
Just don't repeat his rubbish, it defeats blocking him.

Now we all had to read some of his rubbish again... :cry:

MrMik
regular

Post by MrMik » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:53 pm

The important question that comes to my mind is this:

How can one best defend oneself against such a cowardly and dangerous attack?

Don't tell me "Don't surf the superbank and tell your friends to stay away, too..." :D

After all, in order to affect the assault, the person needs to let go of the board, and therefore exposes it to have the fins ripped out or a nasty hole punched into the bottom of it, if the surprise assault goes even slightly wrong.

I mean, how do you spot the acute danger from the board that is about to be released into the direction of your body or face (or your child's face, if that makes it easier to understand for you macho types)?

- The boards needs to be pointing in your direction, or the assassin needs to suddenly turn.
- The assassin needs to be pushing the board under water as much as possible to "load" it up with "potential buoyancy" (or whatever you might call that force that will accelerate the board upwards once released).
- The board needs to be relatively low volume (in relation to the assassins volume) to really shoot out with devastating effect. Someone sitting on the board with the belly-button above water would be much less likely to successfully assault another surfer than someone sitting in the juice up to the armpits.

So, what other factors will help to spot the threat, and then, how do you render the attack harmless to yourself while strongly discouraging the cowardly assassin to ever try it again?

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:21 am

Well MrMik it feels to me that the best way to anticipate such an attack is to be aware of your surroundings and the effect you're having on people.

Like idiots such as this idiot do not merely spring fully formed from the woodwork.

Apparently the idiot and his victim have a long history, if I had such a history with someone I would keep a close eye on the idiot at all times when sharing the surf with him. He wouldn't be within a bulls roar of me without me being aware of it and being alert to whatever idiocy he might try to get up to.

So, you know, generic awareness is my call on that front. And via that, you don't allow the circumstances to arise.