Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Beanpole » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:05 pm

Boy so much for that swell :roll: :roll:
Went down for a swim to try and relieve this hangover and it was a mess.
Nice swim.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:11 pm

Swell back but so was the crowd. Waited till later and it wasn't quite up there with Friday...although probably bigger on the sets.
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

SurfieC
Local

Post by SurfieC » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:23 pm

OddaP wrote:I surfed today....on.... ah, well you see it was tiny, like 1 foot and I was away in Vietnam for a week last week so missed any swell....so I, umm, rode a GSI 6'8 soft malibu :-? my partner bought for her daughter last Christmas....and I enjoyed it :oops: :shock: :oops:

:D ...OddaP, Where are you? In flat Noosa?
But i have also a story like that :oops: ...i surfed the last days at Papara. Have my own old, but nice surfhouse 1 min to the beach and for just 25 bucks.
Anyway, yesterday i surfed first at a reefbreak. 2-3 ft..after half an hour is getting smaller. So i paddled straight to the beachbreak. i heard a microphon voice. Didnt care, because i thought its for the beachsoccer and at the moment is the the beachsoccer championship. And i don't understand french. :cry: So i paddled around, sitting in the line up..After maybe a couple minutes i say the billabong sign at the beach.. and then i realised it a competion. i paddled away. :oops: I asked later my neighbor..Was that today a competion? He said yes, but you can surf the reefbreak.. :oops: :lol:
Btw..I have not often internet, so i can not often post something from Tahiti..

SurfieC
Local

Post by SurfieC » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:45 pm

Surfnsmurf
Local

Post by Surfnsmurf » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:46 pm

SurfieC wrote:
OddaP wrote:I surfed today....on.... ah, well you see it was tiny, like 1 foot and I was away in Vietnam for a week last week so missed any swell....so I, umm, rode a GSI 6'8 soft malibu :-? my partner bought for her daughter last Christmas....and I enjoyed it :oops: :shock: :oops:

But i have also a story like that :oops: ...i surfed the last days at Papara. Have my own old, but nice surfhouse 1 min to the beach and for just 25 bucks.
Anyway, yesterday i surfed first at a reefbreak. 2-3 ft..after half an hour is getting smaller. So i paddled straight to the beachbreak. i heard a microphon voice. Didnt care, because i thought its for the beachsoccer and at the moment is the the beachsoccer championship. And i don't understand french. :cry: So i paddled around, sitting in the line up..After maybe a couple minutes i say the billabong sign at the beach.. and then i realised it a competion. i paddled away. :oops: I asked later my neighbor..Was that today a competion? He said yes, but you can surf the reefbreak.. :oops: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Make sure to keep us up to date with your travels surfiec!
andy2476 wrote:If I ever renovate our bathroom. I'm gonna put in a little step thing for shaving my legs
beerfan wrote:like today tonight, same episode over and over and no one watching. *turns up volume*

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:34 am

Actually waves today.
Nothing at dawn so I went back to bed.
By 8 am my local had waves (and a massive crowd -school holidays AND the Friday leading into a long weekend :( )
So, I wandered out to the keyhole and a guy on a short board followed me out. Chatted a bit.
We get out the back and catch a couple of waves each.
Then he says, "Do you know a guy surfs round here called Trev?"
:-o :-o :-o
"Uh! Maaayyybeee".
"Well', I say. I'm Trev".

"From Realsurf?" he says.

Hellooooo "smallhouse".

You'd like him Fong.

He's a goofy footer and more than capable surfer.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:58 am

The surf at Bondi yesterday reminded me of one of those David Attenborough Nature Programs, oops sorry, programmes about the arrival of schools of anchovies or sardines off the coast of Africa. With swarms of dolphins, sharks and seals attacking the prey. Gannets and pelicans dive bombing the shoal and the regular appearance of orcas erupting into the middle.

Its smaller today. Might get motivated to have a look soon :roll:
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

smallhouse
Grommet

Post by smallhouse » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:11 am

It was a pleasure to meet Trev, and enjoy a few long rides at his local, last friday.
Trev, the surf went downhill quickly after you got out !

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:56 pm

smallhouse wrote:It was a pleasure to meet Trev, and enjoy a few long rides at his local, last friday.
And even worse the next morning. :(
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:56 pm

Trev wrote:
smallhouse wrote:It was a pleasure to meet Trev, and enjoy a few long rides at his local, last friday.
A pleasure to meet Trev....Really???

He must have been in one of his better moods!!!

:-D-:
Everyone has to pay their reef taxes!

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:53 pm

ledge71 wrote:
Trev wrote:
A pleasure to meet Trev....Really???

He must have been in one of his better moods!!!

:-D-:
Hmmm!
I don't gey mad. I just ge even. #*!
Beanpole

Skipper

OddaP
barnacle

Post by OddaP » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:12 pm

SurfieC wrote:

Just up th road from where you were staying. In good news there has been rideable surf for a few days!

Sounds fun! Hope Tahiti continues to keep you smiling.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:47 pm

Sydney, 33 degrees, small dying Ne windswell and gusty offshores.

Superkook Sunday. Absolute kook frenzy.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:20 pm

Theres been a bit more south in it over this way. Dying today. Went for a paddle with some trepidation due to the crowds but since the wind was holding the little hollow waves up most just drifted over the back as they tried to paddle onto each wave. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:26 pm

Last edited by PeepeelaPew on Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tootr
Duke Status

Post by tootr » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:29 pm

I'm personally wondering if a law should be passed on SUP's

Like with a pick handle....

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:09 pm

some sick little surprise waves today

the NE wind must have moved offshore and tightened because two things happened around midday:

- the wind turned WNW and started blowing like fcuk
- the swell kicked to 3-4' from the ENE

result, excellent waves on all sorts of exposed sandbanks up and down the far nb. Hardly anyone on it.

Karlos
Snowy McAllister

Post by Karlos » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:21 pm

I caught a small window at North Steyne this arvo. Howling offshore & some really fun ones. I suspect it was better (& less crowded) further up.