Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:34 pm

Well, the last hour and a half of light was the best surf I've seen in Sydney for many a long day.

OddaP
barnacle

Post by OddaP » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:46 pm

I surfed a certain point on the Coast of Sodom and Gomorrah this arvo. Had to hire a board from Mt Woodgee and had a blast geez it was crowded for this yokel but the waves were really nice. Dreamworld tomorrow just won't measure up I think.

aaronn
barnacle

Post by aaronn » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:24 pm

swellcast

Post by swellcast » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:08 pm

Pretty good evening in glass in Perth this arvo. Surfed Scarborough. 3m WSW swell. Been a pretty good start to winter over here.

fins
Grommet

Post by fins » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:58 pm

from ob city to ob blue / green room...

have the banks been okay yet , swellcast ?

swellcast

Post by swellcast » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:16 am

Yeah, there were a few really really good days in late May, then they kinda went straight again, until a moderate front last weekend. Still need another good storm to sort them right out though.

fins
Grommet

Post by fins » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:40 pm

" still need another good storm to sort them right out though "

ha , yes !

.... I can remember saying that , PLENTY of times , during those last thirty years spent surfing there !

the smaller summer days , 5.00am till 7am [latest !] , were always the most enjoyable for me , as

1. at that time of day , it was always just me , karl , and marty

2. I had a 9'4 mal ....for such days !

3. the 'inside' right at manning broke better then , when smaller [more shape] ...less backwash , too !

4. people would watch it for a minute , and drive off [ ?!]

haaaaaaaaaaaaa ....good memories !

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:07 pm

I would love to tell you all about this reef point which blows my mind and takes the gloss off my old school Kirra memories because it is that freaking perfect.

But I've said too much already.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

OddaP
barnacle

Post by OddaP » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:16 pm

June delivers. A really good day yesterday at my local. I heard it was good to great Tuesday when I was in the Goldie. Bit sceptical as there still seemed to be a hole, but no the sand slug arrived and filled in the bank, cue a ese swell and offshore and it was real nice peeling long rights with punch.

JaxonB
regular

Post by JaxonB » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:08 pm

^^^^ nice.
haven't surfed in around 2 or 3 months, cause i got a job with long hours, and suddenly ran out of free time, which sucked, but i got a day off today and got wet, northern beaches, crappy waves, but good nonetheless.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:29 pm

Had a fun surf on Sunday at Manly and it was just so pleasant this arvo at that secret eastern suburbs beach. The water was so warm.
Made my headache go away.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:05 am

Been a terrible year for surfing for me. Paddle fitness up to shit, form shocking. Not surfing regularly for months. Got sick of turning up, getting fussy and going home. Monday got there in the dark, looked small and average. Thought I should at least get wet, to keep the fire burning. Paddled out, was much cleaner and a bit bigger than it looked, and got some slightly overhead down the line walls. Super fun waves, lightning fast on the bank, and great shape. Froze my nuts off, and couldn't work the key after, but so glad to have got some decent waves.

As per the last year, I'm going to struggle to get out again til the weekend, I'm sure every man and his dog will be there, but hoping to sneak in some more waves.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:54 pm

That swell booted in the last hour of light. Got all muscly and longer interval.

fins
Grommet

Post by fins » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:17 pm

.... howdy , beerfan !!!

glad ya got waves , mate !

cheers

ben

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:36 pm

Nick advised me to give up surfing a few days ago, but I ignored him and surfed the last couple.
It was the first session after a shoulder dislocation so I was pretty apprehensive.

Yesterday was a painful reintroduction, went out at a secret point break on the Goldy.
I paddled like an accountant and surfed like a mortgage broker.
Got smashed by a couple of solid waves straight off the rocks and washed halfway to Cairns. Got snaked by a goat boat (thanks Rancho for the heads up, wtf is up with that bloke?), then dropped in on by a SUP on my only half decent wave.
But the shoulder stayed intact so I had some hope.

Today was a bit smaller but still pretty solid, went to a beachie instead.
Had to visit a few to find a good bank, but I got one to myself.
Shallow ledging waves throwing out barrels that ran for a bit. Had my pointbreak board so squeezing it into the waves was a bit tricky. It was either obliteration or glory. Needless to say I got worked about 10 times for each decent wave.
Got 3 worthy ones, a little 2sec barrel that spat me out so that I fell off the board and gracefully did a headstand on almost dry sand, then got rolled for 20m.
Tried to backdoor a little (1ft) one and got lit up on that too which was pretty funny for me, so I can only imagine how funny it was for the guys on the next bank.
Got caught inside by a solid wave, dove to the bottom and felt the pressure wave hit me right in the lower back. Anxiously waiting underwater to see what the outcome would be, but all good.

Got crowded as the sun came out from the clouds, and the dimwit lifeguards set up the flags on the edge of a rip so I lost enthusiasm to play that game of feigned incomprehension.
Final wave didn't really hit the bank properly but it provided a decent shoulder so I managed a roundhouse that surely looked dreadful but felt great.

Guess I'm an addict.
Got a lovely ache in the shoulders but both still attached.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:42 pm

Surfed 2-3ft kirra like barrels. Fast and running down the bank. Had to pick em, but when ya did.....yewwww!!!! Happy days and quite uncrowded early given it's school holidays and all.

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:46 pm

Last edited by PeepeelaPew on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ledtool
regular

Post by ledtool » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:15 am

Went for a drive across to grooters area on sat. Surfed fun small waves at the pines. But my god the breed em fat on the peninsula! Were you out there grooter? Looked like most of western port was fun. Getting a little cooler in the water.