Snapper riffing

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Re: Snapper riffing

Post by oldman » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:18 pm

It took me a little while but I now realise that Alana Blanchard is the one playing everyone else for a sucker.

Nick might find it boring, I find it rather magnificent, but the fact is that we are irrelevant, her target market is not 50+ year old men.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:35 pm

Newsflash: surfers take recreational drugs 3-)
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:11 am

oldman wrote:Nick might find it boring, I find it rather magnificent, but the fact is that we are irrelevant, her target market is not 50+ year old men.
We may not be targetrs, Olds, but we are most certainly collateral damage. :-)(
As the old song goes: I'd rather have two girls at twenty one each, than one girl at forty two.
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:41 am

fongss wrote:p.s. by saying the Kelly story is a beat up.....are u suggesting the majority pros aren't using illegal drugs :?:
Dude for a guy who bungs on such massive cynicism about anything you don't like much, you sure are a sucker for a Murdoch beat-up.

Kelly replied honestly to a journo who asked him did he think recreational drugs were used by sportspeople. Of course they are. Hell, YOU use recreational drugs. Wanna be on a front page? Wanna lose your job?

The journo then turned it around to make it seem as if Kelly had said pro surfing was rife with recreational drug use. In the current climate where everyone in pro sports is wigging out about the ACC and ASADA (see the Cronulla Sharks) this was a guaranteed headline.

It also then created the second story where Kelly was reported to have "back-pedalled", another favourite beat-up phrase, when in fact he was correcting the record from the earlier beat-up.

I reckon a small but significant percentage of pro surfers do indeed use recreational drugs on a sporadic basis, especially after big wins or at season's end. Shit eh. Call the fcuken morality police, quick.

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:42 am

While we're running a couple of divergent themes here on this thread.
Reckon some of the girls aren't too pleasing to the eye stylistically at the moment.
Surfing through transitions inbetween turns with their bodies hunched over.
Shearer, as I recall, called it "hunched over monkey pumping" when referring to the men, which has stuck in my head.
The term, I mean, thankfully not the imagery.
Only a rat can win the rat race.

tootr
Duke Status

Post by tootr » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:48 am

Interesting there is another article on drugs in the Australian today. I don' t follow this much ( if at all ) but the piece seems to have more beat up than an ice hockey game.....

el rancho
Duke Status

Post by el rancho » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:25 am

haha kirra

kelly is gonna pants everyone

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:30 am

Nick Carroll wrote:
fongss wrote:p.s. by saying the Kelly story is a beat up.....are u suggesting the majority pros aren't using illegal drugs :?:
Dude for a guy who bungs on such massive cynicism about anything you don't like much, you sure are a sucker for a Murdoch beat-up.

Kelly replied honestly to a journo who asked him did he think recreational drugs were used by sportspeople. Of course they are. Hell, YOU use recreational drugs. Wanna be on a front page? Wanna lose your job?

The journo then turned it around to make it seem as if Kelly had said pro surfing was rife with recreational drug use. In the current climate where everyone in pro sports is wigging out about the ACC and ASADA (see the Cronulla Sharks) this was a guaranteed headline.

It also then created the second story where Kelly was reported to have "back-pedalled", another favourite beat-up phrase, when in fact he was correcting the record from the earlier beat-up.

I reckon a small but significant percentage of pro surfers do indeed use recreational drugs on a sporadic basis, especially after big wins or at season's end. Shit eh. Call the fcuken morality police, quick.
It's a ridiculous non-issue but good to see fooongisesss's absolute massive interest in pro surfing continues....

Reg - you going to the game tonight?

Sonny Bill Sonny Bill. 8)

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:51 pm

Last edited by PeepeelaPew on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

booradley
regular

Post by booradley » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:52 pm

Yet another sh#@ty webcast! No info, no updates, no news. Just "webcast off". :-?

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:08 pm

Just to the right of that it says....

Qld is backwards, remember. It isn't 1:30 here yet.

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:11 pm

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:34 pm

fongss wrote:Buffy....u do know Sonny bill walked out on the dogs because he couldn't pass a up coming drug test :idea:

As far pro surfing goes.. .if u don't like me having a interest in it...don't read my posts on it :idea:

if u don't like the reports in the main stream media on pro surfing don't read them either :roll:

I just find kellys quote quite interesting....after reading kongs book and in context of Andy irons death.

As a aside. When occy came clean about his drug issues that was in the main stream press first as well , wasn't it :?:

why don't top pros feel comfortable talking surf journos about these issues :-o
Don't get all serious on me mate......Go the Rooooosters!!!

MInd u I saw on the news Sonny and Mini parading around like it was Mardi Gras at training and far out they both look like they've been on the proverbial juice for ages. :shock:

BB knows a girl who slipped an e into the mouth of a pro whilst kissing him in France waaaaay back and you all should be able to guess in the current context of this thread but who cares ....... they are all performance REDUCING as far as surfing goes but Joe Public doesn't quite get that because of all the hype ...... I mean Dawn saying the freestyle relay team should be banned for life because of the Stilnox thing.....what a joke. Anyway......

......back to the contest. Gilmore's wave was a real beauty ---- I spose I dont need to tell all you experts but it's waaay harder than it looks out at Kirra.

Can't wait for the Roosters to kick Souths ARSE (it's ARSE in this country not ass - you American wannabes) .....Go the Rooosters!!!

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:38 pm

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:43 pm

Last edited by PeepeelaPew on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:08 pm

black duck
Snowy McAllister

Post by black duck » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:11 pm

called off for the day
smnmntll wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:20 pm
You foaming spangoloids need to chill before you all do wetties on the carpet

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:21 pm