Pure Surfboards, what happened?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

surf_traveller

Pure Surfboards, what happened?

Post by surf_traveller » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:45 am

Richard from Pure Surfboards (South Creek Rd, Cromer) made a few board for me over the years. I moved to another area and when I visited last week, the place was gone?!

A guy from a business next door said he closed down about 1yr ago?!

Anybody knows what happened? Did he move to a new location?

Always likes the boards.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Pure Surfboards, what happened?

Post by Trev » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:41 pm

iggy wrote:spoke to Rich about 3 months ago. last i heard is that he's sharing space with maricio gill in brookvale ? and doing some work with/alongside of him, and he's still doing a few customs here and there i think ? i've got his mobile, so PM me if you'd like it.
iggy, I think newbies are prevented from sending pm's. Something to do with cutting down on some newbie spammer sending pm's to everyone on the site. Used to be 50 (25?) posts. I think I cut it down to 15 but probably shouldn't go any lower.
Is this maricio gill in the phone book maybe?
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:46 pm

http://www.mgsurfboards.com/mgsurfboards/profile.htm

I'm relying on my magic Pure board to last me awhile yet :wink:

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:09 pm

daryl wrote:http://www.mgsurfboards.com/mgsurfboards/profile.htm

I'm relying on my magic Pure board to last me awhile yet :wink:
Thanks Dazz.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:23 pm

surf_traveller wrote:Richard from Pure Surfboards (South Creek Rd, Cromer) made a few board for me over the years. I moved to another area and when I visited last week, the place was gone?!

A guy from a business next door said he closed down about 1yr ago?!

Anybody knows what happened? Did he move to a new location?

Always likes the boards.
Rich is now laminating for a couple of major brands, and not doing any of MG's work anymore.

Not sure what is the future for Pure and whether he is in a position to do any boards…

PM me if you want a contact number.

surf_traveller

Post by surf_traveller » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:10 pm

Thanks for all the info.

I worked in the cable factory across the road a few years back. A colleague and me went surfing pretty much every day after work. Pure was always a great place close by ... sad to see this gone.

Don't need any contact info right now. I still should have the mobile no somewhere.
Thanks again.

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:05 pm

Grateful for the best board from Rich.

RichQ
regular

Post by RichQ » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:50 am

Hi folks, thanks for the kind words. Not working at MG's anymore,not enough work there (and some questionable practices). Currently working at Rusty in Mona Vale...great faclility and some nice boards to work on! Still doing some custom orders although not in great numbers, but I'm still there for the faithful.
I was very sorry to close the factory,but it was close down or lose the house! Good with boards,bad with business.Made some good freinds & customers ...definately miss that aspect of making surfboards but right now I just need to make some money and have a break from "business". Surf_ traveler you can pm me if you want to say gday or get some boards, cheers.

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:38 pm

RichQ wrote: Not working at MG's anymore,not enough work there (and some questionable practices).
Hmmm. Do tell.

surf_traveller

Post by surf_traveller » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:10 pm

RichQ: Unfortunately I am not often on the north side these days. All the best and thx for the boards.

CbarD

Post by CbarD » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:35 pm

I have a 6'6" that I got from Rich a few years ago, which is now a little worse for wear. I was hoping to get in touch with Rich, but I'm unable to send any PM's at this stage. Would someone mind sending PM with mobs or email address for richq. thanks ..