places you will never surf again

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

el rancho
Duke Status

Re: places you will never surf again

Post by el rancho » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:23 pm

have you ever been to a cruise ship terminal??

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:33 pm

fongss wrote::roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
alakaboo wrote:Not my backyard,.

I'm not going to un-sell it. That's not how proposals work.
all time cop out :roll:!:
You used it on the previous page.

It is expensive logistically challenging and detrimental in hydrological terms. Environmental unclear at best.

The supposed benefits once built are wildly inflated, and building it for the sake of propping up the construction industry is wasteful and stupid.

ajohnsen
Duke Status

Post by ajohnsen » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:12 pm

Fong, for chrissake, get rid of that signature!

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:27 pm

I doubt I will ever surf in Qld again, especially as they don't seem to get any surf for half the year or more anyway.

I live at Coogee and have never surfed there, be damned if I'm going to start now.

Haven't surfed Bondi for maybe a decade and unlikely to go back.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:51 pm

I think they should put an imigration detention centre right on the point or start sand mining there again. That will create lots of jobs too on the gold coast. Nah, neither of those would root up an iconic bit of surf as much as a marina. Definitely the equvalent of mining Mt Panorama for a rev head.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:58 am

fongss wrote:edited posts above cause i really couldnt care less, send the investors money up here or far nth qld if u guys dont want it :idea:
Soft.

el rancho
Duke Status

Post by el rancho » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:05 am

fongss wrote:updating my list

lennex head ( cause it hurt me)

and kirra...one world best point breaks now covered in sand
:cry:

edited posts above cause i really couldnt care less, send the investors money up here or far nth qld if u guys dont want it
:idea:
fongss wrote:I worked for a while in newy in one...just loading the catering side it.

They paid on time.... Average job...newcastle is shit city...lol

and you think it's ok to build one ON A FUCKIN BEACH??
sorry, but you can tell your construction mates to go to the mines if they want to keep on the 2-speed economy gravy train.
some of us are in the normal employment market you know, we don't own jetskis, 3 flatscreens with foxtel and a HSV ute for the weekend.
infrastructure can't be built forever simply to provide jobs for hole diggers.

let's leave it at that

ajohnsen
Duke Status

Post by ajohnsen » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:41 am

oldman wrote:I doubt I will ever surf in Qld again, especially as they don't seem to get any surf for half the year or more anyway.

I live at Coogee and have never surfed there, be damned if I'm going to start now.

Haven't surfed Bondi for maybe a decade and unlikely to go back.
Bondi can bite me.

RickyG
Snowy McAllister

Post by RickyG » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:46 am

chrisb wrote:
fongss wrote:
ajohnsen wrote:Brownwater.

i'm adding brownwater too my list and i haven't even surfed it

the names a turn off :idea:

w(ere)tf is it :?:
I gather you're not a Sydneysider.

I won't reveal this "secret spot's" location" however in big south swells everyone goes to Collaroy. Brownwater is almost next door but gets few takers (maybe it's the sharks).

It's a brown color because of the ocean bottom, not pollution. 8)
That's the reason I'm keen to give it a try (crowd at powderpuff point). Rarely seems to work though. Left-hander too :wink:
andy2476 wrote:
Ricky gets my vote. I hate undercover tards.

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:34 am

That left at Brownwater does get close to working but never quite there. I've never surfed Bondi, shit I've only been there once in 30 years so I doubt I will ever surf there again.
Al this is gold. "She didn't realise I was fairly high and spent much of the evening trying to figure out why a purple and orange cow wanted me to climb a tree."

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:53 am

Spoon wrote:That left at Brownwater does get close to working but never quite there. I've never surfed Bondi, shit I've only been there once in 30 years so I doubt I will ever surf there again.
Only been to Bondi Beach once in 30 years and you live on the Northern Beaches. :shock:

Far out , life on that Peninsular is insular. That's actually quite mind-blowing .... mind you the likes of socially inept KK and Dino etc .....I'm not surprised on reflection.

I mean the Eastern Suburbs , the City and parts of the Inner West ..... really can you live anywhere else?? ....maybe have a holiday house at Whale/Palm Beach but yeah the rest of the Northern Beaches/North Shore is such a cultural waste land. There's nothing there but mostly conservative voting bigots. Wow that really is incredible. I really feel sorry for you Spoon.

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:01 pm

Don't feel sorry for me, I do get to the city and inner west from time to time I just don't go to your beaches. I can always find a crowd and a beach full of boot camps at Manly if need be.
Al this is gold. "She didn't realise I was fairly high and spent much of the evening trying to figure out why a purple and orange cow wanted me to climb a tree."

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:07 pm

Buff_Brad wrote:Far out , life on that Peninsular is insular.
Buff_Brad wrote:I mean the Eastern Suburbs , the City and parts of the Inner West ..... really can you live anywhere else??
Buff_Brad wrote:....maybe have a holiday house at Whale/Palm Beach but yeah the rest of the Northern Beaches/North Shore is such a cultural waste land.

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:28 pm

Buff_Brad wrote: I mean the Eastern Suburbs , the City and parts of the Inner West ..... really can you live anywhere else?? ....maybe have a holiday house at Whale/Palm Beach but yeah the rest of the Northern Beaches/North Shore is such a cultural waste land. There's nothing there but mostly conservative voting bigots. Wow that really is incredible. I really feel sorry for you Spoon.
That's a pretty sweeping generalisation from, I suspect, a cultural snob. We are not all like (or indeed like) our local MP Tony Abbott (refer to the "Why are realsurfers left wingers thread") and have plenty of residents here with cultural credentials such as Paul Witzig, Thomas Keneally, Rachel Ward/Brian Brown etc.

Maybe if you're after a "cultural waste land" try "The Shire". :roll:

brendo
barnacle

Post by brendo » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:07 pm

buffy u on the crack pipe again? cmon, the east is full of narccistic wannabes with there heads so far up their own assholes they look like walking pretzels.
i lived at randwick for 9yrs, and only cause the rent was next to free. i hated it. filthy streets, no parking, no neighbourly interaction other than to whinge about shit. i wont work in any of the suburbs under woolahra councils control, as 3/4 of the jobs i do there, the neighbour or some dickhead in the street always thinks they can tell me what i can and cant do on council approved building sites! and they get taken aback when im straight on the front foot with them, and quite aggresive when i need to be, and that usually quitens em up, in a state of semi shock. they are to used to their pissboys in the office saying yes to everything and treating them like shit. i dont cop that, from anyone. :lol:
so its time for you to put up your 'to die for' list of things that make living in the east so awesome. :arrow: :idea:
things that make the east a crap place to live, heres the list to start. please feel free to add to it fellow realsufers

filthy streets
keeping up with the jones attitudes
no parking
living so close to said neighbour u can hear them fart
generally treeless, and no, thats not a farking tree on the nature strip its a shrub
small crappy beaches
wave quality so poor and inconsistant, i dunno why u would start surfing if u grew up there
loud poms everywhere in coogee
ruthless parking cops
fark all bakerys
petrol dearer than anywhere else in sydney
ridiculous rent prices, even for 40m2 squats
for the price of a house anywhere else you get a studio apt near the beach(which is shit anyway)
people to good to pick up dogshit, hence plenty of dogshit to walk in
backyards smaller than a pool in the burbs
kids being dropped off to school(jail) guarded by armed mossad agents
did i miss anything :!:
oh, there is one good thing, lots of smokin hot girls, but mostly with attitudes that well,
read my opening line....

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:26 pm

Bondi can suck my hairy nut sack !!!

The beach is usually saturated with horrible oil covered sexually frustrated boat people.

Give it a miss.

Please note Beanpole...Blueys beach is like Bondi was..... when the dinosaurs inhabited Australia.....free of 'oily’s'.

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:43 pm

kreepykrawly wrote:Bondi can suck my hairy nut sack !!!

The beach is usually saturated with horrible oil covered sexually frustrated boat people.

Give it a miss.

Please note Beanpole...Blueys beach is like Bondi was..... when the dinosaurs inhabited Australia.....free of 'oily’s'.
I rest my case.

Brendo ...... yes you are right in part but it's the minority of people you meet that make it worth while plus everyone on here would have to concur the hottest girls in Sydney live in the East by a long shot. It's the atmosphere Brendo - you just can't beat it......anywhere.....even London/New York.

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:48 pm

Buff_Brad wrote:It's the atmosphere Brendo - you just can't beat it......anywhere.....even London/New York.
Now we know you're just taking the piss ya funny fcuk.