The Frog Pro

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

rmb
barnacle

Re: The Frog Pro

Post by rmb » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:25 pm

kreepykrawly wrote:KK

At least they have someone to worship... all you’ve got is me and my God complex.

Now piss off and go back to your stupid thread. :twisted:
kreepykrawly wrote:Fantastic KK

I reckon there’s a few on here that want to have Kelly’s children.

Well say after me “I am man...he is man....I don’t have ovaries and as hard as I try... he could never bare my children”

Now grab your Kelly Slater effigy you all worship every night and throw it in the bin.

Isn’t that better...no more sleepless nights thinking about Kelly (dribble dribble)
Classic :D

brendo
barnacle

Post by brendo » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:57 pm

rmb wrote:Ringsurfer over time yes he has been right now I disagree im not just talking contest surfing though. In contests he catches the best waves and still wins contests. Overall there are surfers now whos form is better than Kelly's.

can you name 5? besides dane? even then, i aint seen dane surf 20ft. in general there are alot of guys at local beaches that surf better than some of the guys on the ct that just make up the numbers. sure, kelly is a contest machine, but can u really say hes not as good anymore, when he does moves like the air at bells?!!

a few months back, a mate was at bali, there was a pack of pros/balo rippers out. he was watching from the beach. slater paddled out and tore the place to pieces. he said he was at another level above all the other pros out.

sorry, but im with the ringer on this one

rmb
barnacle

Post by rmb » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:56 pm

Jordy Smith
Taj Burrow
JOB
Bruce Irons
Craig Anderson

All surf progressively and outside the contest scene are on par and above KS and Bruce his big wave surfing is unreal.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:56 am

I reckon Slater's smashed Mick and Parko's world titles hopes their entire careers. They must be spewing.
Imagine if Kelly had retired ten years ago like a normal human being. Andy, Mick and Joel, especially Joel, would have fuller trophy cases that's for sure.
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:16 am

Take any criteria u like and Old Baldy is still at the top of the tree.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:17 am

offshore1 wrote:Imagine if Kelly had retired ten years ago like a normal human being. Andy, Mick and Joel, especially Joel, would have fuller trophy cases that's for sure.
I wonder if Occy would have won his title had KS competed that year?
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:21 am

Doubt it. Strongly.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:27 am

steve shearer wrote:Doubt it. Strongly.
Same here. I've always wondered if Kelly took the year off because he knew the "sport" wanted the fairytale comeback story and that he was gonna get juiced.
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:25 pm

fongss wrote:
alakaboo wrote:
fongss wrote:i tend froth on surfing d-bah....any chance i get ( surf media can have the superwank )

and...yes....i see guys out surfing slater out there
Bullshit.
Name one. Or is this one of the nameless could've-been-a-contender surfers?
Think we've had this discussion before.
Half a point ahead of the next contender.
We have had this discussion b4!

For a start your base your argument on the belief everyone should aspire to surf the same and conform to the asp criteria.
I dont
Nice try, but I never said that. Don't even believe it. You said he was simply amazing, I said that it was his overall strength that was the most amazing thing about him.
It's what he does off the wave that makes him the best. Most of his best moves are on land, his repositioning of the title race in the post-France interviews was masterful. Put all the pressure back on Mick, while also outlining that he beat all the other contenders.

FWIW I like female longboarders the best, both visually and with their approach to the wave.

So, what's your measuring stick? How do you decide that a bloke at Dbah is surfing better than Slater? I'm not disagreeing with you, although I probably will later, I am just wondering how you come to that conclusion.

And if you don't consider paddling or positioning part of surfing, it's no wonder you're looking at getting a SUP.

channels
Duke Status

Post by channels » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:16 pm

Kelly may not be the best at any one discpline, he is almost like a decathalete.

JOB may be better at pipe or switchfoot but couldn't smash it smaller stuff like Kelly
Dane may pull off more outrageous moves, but can't do them with enough consistency like Kelly
Bruce may be better in massive waves but how many tour waves are held in waves over 10 foot?

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:55 pm

Kelly Slater's psychological hold on the rest of the ASP crew is waaay underestimated. Most (with the exception of Fanning) seem almost resigned to ANOTHER KS title..... :roll: I couldn't believe it when Parko lost his semi he got out of the water all smiles with Kelly........FCUK THAT! It's like the Wallabies hugging the All Blacks after yet ANOTHER defeat...... :roll: :roll:

Anyone that's going to have any chance of winning has to hate that bald cnut so much he can barely stand to be in the same room as that smug over confident fcuking American wanker.

AI had the hate ....so did Fanning and look what happened.

There's a lesson there for these blokes.

Don't fcuken lie down and die. :twisted: :twisted:

gibber
Local

Post by gibber » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:48 pm

Hey mate, where abouts are you from?
Are you an Evans lad?
I grew up with Cribby (well he was a couple of years younger than me)

brendo wrote:
steve shearer wrote:I was on the North Shore during the Pam Anderson years just before Slater won his (first?) Title.

He pulls into the carpark near Pipeline in a little rusted out Jap 3 door shittbox.

He opens the front door and gets out with a magnificent full head of hair, in the passenger seat you can see a few boards stacked up.

The drivers seat inclines forwards and an enormous pneumatic pair of boobs wobbled out of the front door.

Pam.

He'd put the boards in the front seat and Pam in the back.

I've loved him ever since that moment.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i heard that exact story 20yrs ago when cribby came home from spending the winter there! classic!

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:17 am

Buff_Brad wrote:Kelly Slater's psychological hold on the rest of the ASP crew is waaay underestimated. Most (with the exception of Fanning) seem almost resigned to ANOTHER KS title..... :roll: I couldn't believe it when Parko lost his semi he got out of the water all smiles with Kelly........FCUK THAT! It's like the Wallabies hugging the All Blacks after yet ANOTHER defeat...... :roll: :roll:

Anyone that's going to have any chance of winning has to hate that bald cnut so much he can barely stand to be in the same room as that smug over confident fcuking American wanker.

AI had the hate ....so did Fanning and look what happened.

There's a lesson there for these blokes.

Don't fcuken lie down and die. :twisted: :twisted:
That’s the biggest load of cr-p I’ve ever read on realsurf!!!
BB logic >>> KK is winning because they are not hating him. :lol:
KK looks for vomit bucket.

still here
charger

Post by still here » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:52 am

Kk obsession with winning .... Sounds like Charlie Sheen

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:13 am

Oops sorry i ment KS kelly Slater. Just goes to show ...Im not as smart as u think i am

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:57 am

kreepykrawly wrote:Oops sorry i ment KS kelly Slater. Just goes to show ...Im not as smart as u think i am
You fcuking nutjob , I should've punched some sense into you years ago.

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:10 pm

Buff_Brad wrote:
kreepykrawly wrote:Oops sorry i ment KS kelly Slater. Just goes to show ...Im not as smart as u think i am
You fcuking nutjob , I should've punched some sense into you years ago.
What !!..before you became an obese, unfit, decrepit old man.

What’s wrong with now ??? :D

OddaP
barnacle

Post by OddaP » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:52 pm

There is NO way Craig Anderson is the same league as any of the others on that list. No way.