the young clubbie killed at the aust titles on the goldy

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Re: the young clubbie killed at the aust titles on the goldy

Post by daryl » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:02 pm

murrum wrote: People enjoy a bit of risk - its part of life...These things, deaths, and disabling injuries really point towards the need for a national insurance scheme. Take the issue away from the ambulance chasers and media spivs and shift it towards a mature debate about how we can all share in the costs of everyone taking risks. NZ have it right in this case.

NZ have a great system. God knows how they afford it.

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:20 pm

Before i start i just want say how sad all this is and my heart goes out too friends and family of the deceased :cry:

If three deaths occur while surfin in a asp event ( ppl can die of boredom...) i wonder what would happen :?:

I think the asp be a little more pro active than the clubbie movement :idea:

But than asp contest.directors are usually good surfers and dont have a bussiness interests in accomadation or eaterys behind the contest site :idea:

It is more than just "culture" and." Tradition" that saw senior clubbies not wishing move the titles

Ill be interested see what i." Aledge" is investigated....it will :?: also be interesting see where the events moved too and who may have a bussiness interest in the nearby vinicty
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:25 pm

too paraphase.....its a shit beach :!: hold a contest at and if young kids stop being killed cause it gets moved...thats got b a good thing, even if some ppl lose.cash
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:56 pm

wingnut2443 wrote:
wingnut2443 wrote: ...PS: I hear the comments about looking for someone to blame, not sure that is underlying this for me ... I just look for solutions but looking at the problem from a different angle ... often I find the problem is not the one you first think it is and by digging deeper, you find other drivers / inputs / variables that lead to events.
Let me give you an example from what I do ... a client, a retail business owner was in trouble. Low sales, cashflow issues, behind in rent, etc etc ... you know, all because of the online sales, GFC, economy etc ...

Well, not when we dug deeper ... tracking the number of people coming into their store, we found the number of sales enquiries were holding up, people were looking, but sales did not follow, pointing to an issue with sales conversion ... looked further, poor sales process and training, so trained the shop assistants and guess what ... sales jumped.

Cashflow improved, back rent's being paid back ... business owner now not so stressed.

So, what was thought to be the problem and out of their control, was in fact, very much in their control ... the solution was only found by digging deeper and looking for other issues.

Another adviser had told them to reduce their price, discount, etc. due to the economy. We did not do that, and in fact, have managed to increase some prices by, yep, you guesssed it, looking into the issue ... found again, some products people wanted now, and those customers would pay a few more $ to get it now ... so, we tweaked the prices.

I see this type of thing every day ... the best solution is the only solution to the real problem. The trick is looking, digging deeper, asking how, why etc. to find the real problem or issue, and once there, the solution is usually pretty obvious.

EDIT: PS - oops, sorry to quote myself ...
So retails biggest edict was the answer ... customer service ... servicing customers ... fcuk me drunk ... calling Albert Einstein.

What the frock has that to do with silly old men in sluggos killing children ... heres your sons dead body ... would you like flies with that.

Its not that simple ... tragically.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

Animal_Chin
Local

Post by Animal_Chin » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:42 pm

Womble wrote:
wingnut2443 wrote:
wingnut2443 wrote: ...PS: I hear the comments about looking for someone to blame, not sure that is underlying this for me ... I just look for solutions but looking at the problem from a different angle ... often I find the problem is not the one you first think it is and by digging deeper, you find other drivers / inputs / variables that lead to events.
Let me give you an example from what I do ... a client, a retail business owner was in trouble. Low sales, cashflow issues, behind in rent, etc etc ... you know, all because of the online sales, GFC, economy etc ...

Well, not when we dug deeper ... tracking the number of people coming into their store, we found the number of sales enquiries were holding up, people were looking, but sales did not follow, pointing to an issue with sales conversion ... looked further, poor sales process and training, so trained the shop assistants and guess what ... sales jumped.

Cashflow improved, back rent's being paid back ... business owner now not so stressed.

So, what was thought to be the problem and out of their control, was in fact, very much in their control ... the solution was only found by digging deeper and looking for other issues.

Another adviser had told them to reduce their price, discount, etc. due to the economy. We did not do that, and in fact, have managed to increase some prices by, yep, you guesssed it, looking into the issue ... found again, some products people wanted now, and those customers would pay a few more $ to get it now ... so, we tweaked the prices.

I see this type of thing every day ... the best solution is the only solution to the real problem. The trick is looking, digging deeper, asking how, why etc. to find the real problem or issue, and once there, the solution is usually pretty obvious.

EDIT: PS - oops, sorry to quote myself ...
So retails biggest edict was the answer ... customer service ... servicing customers ... fcuk me drunk ... calling Albert Einstein.

What the frock has that to do with silly old men in sluggos killing children ... heres your sons dead body ... would you like flies with that.

Its not that simple ... tragically.
Careful. He'll cry at you.

moreorless
regular

Post by moreorless » Sun May 13, 2012 8:38 am

Background Briefing on Radio National has just done a program on the deaths at the clubbie contests. It raises quite a few questions. Worth a listen.

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/pro ... 13/3998738

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Sun May 13, 2012 10:44 am

moreorless wrote:Background Briefing on Radio National has just done a program on the deaths at the clubbie contests. It raises quite a few questions. Worth a listen.

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/pro ... 13/3998738
And there it is, the kids aren't
they're not going to make the decision
not to compete, not because they'll be disqualified in their own right, but also because the team suffers and they lose face, poor little buggers. What a rigged lousy load of crap, shame.

As for Barrister Ralph stand down now.

Surf Lifesaving Queensland, confusing SL skills with objectives of the organizers of a circus.

No pattern? Three deaths in sixteen years? Some barrister. Some barrister, doesn't admit conflict of interest, having a member of your circus wear two hats and dare to act as coroner.

Midget said it, disqualification
it comes from the top...
and if Barrister Ralph was Pres during any of the fatalitites, let's hold him personally responsib.e

I, like some, dislike funerals, but **** me dead if some self-aggrandizing, belligerent defensive **** had prattled on about
the complete lifesaver
in third person at a family member of mine's, I'd have him.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon May 14, 2012 11:58 am

Jeez he doesn't seem to realise what's happening does he.