Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Trev » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:20 am

Inspired by Gibber's story yesterday I set out full of good intentions this morning.
At least the wind was right. Checked from my local point north via Neil St, Ann St and Curras. Tide too low. No real joy so I tried Happy Valley. Couple of punters there getting some very small ones so I gave the swinger it's firs outing with its new owner.
Good fun but very few waves.
The southerly change seems to have come through earler than expected. Light rain now.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:37 am

Maybe a beach or 2 north would have had some, maybe Dons secret fave SC beachie, reckon it'd have a few little peaks this morn.....ths SE change is a refreshing change, its been farking stinking hot last few days but some fun little waves to cool off in..... 8)

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:44 am

pridmore wrote:Maybe a beach or 2 north would have had some, maybe Dons secret fave SC beachie, reckon it'd have a few little peaks this morn.....ths SE change is a refreshing change, its been farking stinking hot last few days but some fun little waves to cool off in..... 8)
Nah. The tide was too low and all along that stretch was basically closing out. I was talking to Scotty Palmer at Ann St and he was of the same opinion - and he knows the area much better than I do. Another hour or two and it might have been pretty good.
Actually........... I'm outa here. 8) :wink:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:13 am

Cuttlefish wrote:Hey Jimmy,
Have you scored Blacks on a decent sized swell yet?
Or some of the points to the Sth?
Got blacks at 6-8 ft.. Haven't ventured south and now i'm downtown for a conference.. Here til next Saturday so if I can get down south I will.. Where you talking about CF? Past sunset cliffs I assume ?
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:13 pm

Mark I see you're doing the SN report for mdore now

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:49 am

Slightly better today. Waves at Ann St but a pretty much sideshore wind.
Smoother conditions at my local but it's still wind swell mostly.
Beanpole

Skipper

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:29 am

really fun peaks at A.L this morning, absoloutely perfect sheet glass and just the funnest waves for the size , one of those ideal sessions with my son, was great for both of us which can be hard ...
only about 4 others in the water...... :D

hey Marcus, yep doin a bit for Swellnet, or cant I say that here...oops, :roll:

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:11 pm

Hi Jimmy,
The points I'm thinking about are just Nth of the border.
Blacks at 6-8' should have been punchy?
Hey Mark,
late out of the gate this morning so maybe tomorrow.
Got "black salve" skin cancer brew turning a spot just above my achilles into a fri66in volcano waiting to erupt it's cancerous roots out so not too sure about water time unless its good. :roll:
Here's a link to the stuff I'm talking about if anyone out there wants to try it rather than having docs freeze/cut it out...
http://home.earthlink.net/~anitaastrolo ... ksalve.htm
For Sunshine coasters there's a guy selling at it at Noosa farmers market cheaper than you can find on the net.
See the Paul the "Neem man" for a testemonial.
Only a rat can win the rat race.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:13 am

Cuttles, i used to live in SD and I'm struggling to figure out where you mean? :?
Loma? Wouldn't surf much further south than that, IB is nasty.
I guess I just wouldn't really call them points, having grown up surfing the goldy.

Blacks at 6-8 is one of my best surfs anywhere, except for the crowd. At least there are a few peaks when it's bigger.

Jimmy, from Downtown is almost easier to get around than where you were before. Can get the Coaster to a lot of decent breaks in north county.

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:42 am

Cheers Boo. Will give it a shot.
Hatchnam wrote:
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:21 pm

head high sets but been having lotsa fun on this bank but ya gotta get it on the right tide...looks shit but it has been peeling off and great for my grom and his new sled...cutty practice heaven for a 12 yr old.... 8) or for an ageing grom who still thinks he is 12 :roll: 8)

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:41 pm

alakaboo wrote:Cuttles, i used to live in SD and I'm struggling to figure out where you mean? :?
Loma? Wouldn't surf much further south than that, IB is nasty.
I guess I just wouldn't really call them points, having grown up surfing the goldy.

Blacks at 6-8 is one of my best surfs anywhere, except for the crowd. At least there are a few peaks when it's bigger.

Jimmy, from Downtown is almost easier to get around than where you were before. Can get the Coaster to a lot of decent breaks in north county.
Boo! Thanks so much mate.. Am gonna wag the conference tomorrow and head up to del mar on the train.. Can't wait...
Hatchnam wrote:
swvic wrote:

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:17 pm

WTF is this boo shit ? :?:

lessormore
barnacle

Post by lessormore » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:28 pm

Checked out Cronulla point.4 guys out-decent waves coming through- couldn't believe my luck. That was until I got out there and realized we were sharing with about a thousand bluebottles. Turned into a very short surf! :evil:
Just when you thought life couldn't get any worse-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUfKnqv2C3k

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:50 pm

pridmore wrote:WTF is this boo shit ? :?:
Come on mark get with the program. I can't be arsed typing his full name.. As well coops called him Boo in the music comp..
Hatchnam wrote:
swvic wrote:

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:32 pm

sorry, but wont be gettin on any program that sounds like he is your gay seppo toy boy......maybe you been over there too long... :roll: 8)

took my young fella out to a rock point for his first time this morning, waves were soft and easy so it wasnt a problem but is a big deal for a grom to surf new spots sometimes especially when its all rocks....waves were clean 2-3ft but super soft and hard to get even on a 3" board.....

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:35 pm

pridmore wrote:sorry, but wont be gettin on any program that sounds like he is your gay seppo toy boy......maybe you been over there too long... :roll: 8) ...
From what I know mark he lived over here for a while and the reason I was blowing smoke up his bum is that when I left the surf areas and went to my conference I thought it was all over. He gave me some info that got me some waves today..

Fark me, if I didn't know any better I'd have thought you'd left NSW and gone back to QLD..

And just on the quiet. You know I do websites and your landing page is not up to scratch and you spelt Nicks name wrong! :o :o
Hatchnam wrote:
swvic wrote:

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:14 pm

best move I ever made, should have done it sooner..... 8)

call him what ya want, sounds gay to me but glad you got some waves..... 8)