Whats Local

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

whackenauffe

Whats Local

Post by whackenauffe » Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:50 am

Just wondering what you guys call local.
Do u think it is onlt thos who live walking distance from the beach, those who surf there every day, or is it just the closest beach to you.

Just questioning because my closest beach is 40 mins away but i'd say i'm one of the most regular guys in the lineup, does this mean that this beach is my local,.

Myrtle Tickner

Post by Myrtle Tickner » Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:53 am

mate, if you are a regular in the line up & you are well known to the other regulars tehn, yep, you are a local.

roscoediboscoe
regular

Post by roscoediboscoe » Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:40 pm

Exactly

If you pull up in a carpark and no-ones ever seen you before - you're not a local.

If you surf there a lot and guys start to recognise you and acknowledge you in the water - then you probably qualify as a REGULAR.

A local is where you live or born, when I talk about my local - I mean the beach where I live - but depending on the conditions in any one month I would surf probably 8 or 10 breaks within 10 minutes driving distance from my LOCAL BREAK - and you see the same faces because they're all doing the same thing - finding the best surf.

Unfortunately if you live 40 minutes from the beach I feel sorry for you - you'll only ever be a "regular"

nubby
charger

Post by nubby » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:02 am

i always thought the pub down the road was only the REAL local.