Please learn to duckdive.....Properly!!!!

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

surf_monster

Please learn to duckdive.....Properly!!!!

Post by surf_monster » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:45 pm

Just a note to those who may have difficulty handelling their boards in the waves we have had recently. If you arnt confident enough to duck dive a decent set (and it wasnt really that big today compared to early this week)maybe you should wait for the swell to die down.

I mention this only becuase somebody decided to throw ther board mid duck dive today a Cronulla point (with 4 people behind them). I manged to catch their board with my lower leg. The result, decent laceration to the leg, corked calf and bruised upper tibia and prob week or so out of water. Plus having to waste an arvo a doctors getting looked at. This after only returning to water recently after missing nearly 6 months in the last 10 due to ankle issues.

Please consider others when hitting the water, if your skill level is not up to it, wait till the waves are at your level of experiance.

Or learn to duckdive and hold onto that board like your life depended on it. If you have an all blue board and were at Cronulla point at round 10.30 today and bailed a duck dive, time to get in the pool and practice.

Mr_momo_32
Local

Re: Please learn to duckdive.....Properly!!!!

Post by Mr_momo_32 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:22 pm

surf_monster wrote: time to get in the pool and practice.
Im definatly gunna do that! :lol:

No offfence buddy, But your not gunna stop people doing that, no matter what the swell is like and its not likely that first beginners will be browsing these forums regulary.

How come you got hit by the board, didnt you duck dive quick enough? :oops:

Although when someone bails without looking behind to see if anyone is there unexeptable
Last edited by Mr_momo_32 on Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hawkeye
barnacle

Post by Hawkeye » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:35 pm

Mate, you're being rather polite about this.

I had some mid-teens chick do the same thing to me on a 5-6 foot day at South Steyne last year, and it took a chunk out of the bridge of my nose. Could easily have been an eye. :roll:

Getting bounced off your board in the duckdive by the lip I can forgive, but chucking your board when there are others behind you is just evil. :evil:

Booger777
Grommet

Post by Booger777 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:39 pm

sometimes you just haveta do it.

Lougher

Post by Lougher » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:53 pm

1. Identify Skill level
2. Send them in...
Simple... A little agressive But Bettter Than a board in the head and Weeks out of the water... Dannny Sheather (DY) Learnt this the hard way... Cant handle conditions then get out no exceptions... One good board to some ones head and that can be it...
So idiots on 9ft mals take note...

SAsurfa
barnacle

Post by SAsurfa » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:00 pm

Booger777 wrote:sometimes you just haveta do it.
Ah.. No! A boogers board is a little different to a plank of fibreglass with a sharp pointy bit at one end. You should never ditch your board, especially when there are people behind you :!:

wanto
barnacle

Re: Please learn to duckdive.....Properly!!!!

Post by wanto » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:04 pm

Mr_momo_32 wrote:its not likely that first beginners will be browsing these forums regulary
are you fucking kidding me? 50% of the peeps here would fit that category. :lol:

FishStick
Local

Post by FishStick » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:22 pm

I've developed an instinct for guessing who's going to bail and It's saved me a few times. When he bails I bail too. Quite a few times I've come up with some other guys board on top of me. Had I not bailed it would have hit me square on.