SPONCERSHIP

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

the shackle
regular

Post by the shackle » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:43 am

Karlos wrote:
dammit__01 wrote:If your that much of a kook you dont know how to get sponsored, then dont even bother trying, plus doubt Volcom will sign a 8 yr old.
Weren't you the bloke who got rescued bt the clubbies at Freshwater on a 2 foot day? And announced it in a forum here? And now you're calling this guy a kook? Now THAT'S a bit rich don't you think?.
tell me that is true

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:19 am

the shackle
regular

Post by the shackle » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:13 pm

thanks kk!
*saves to favourites next to vortex's vortexing for next time dammint tries to make out he knows anything*

dammit__01
Owl status

Post by dammit__01 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:15 pm

Karlos wrote:
dammit__01 wrote:If your that much of a kook you dont know how to get sponsored, then dont even bother trying, plus doubt Volcom will sign a 8 yr old.
Weren't you the bloke who got rescued bt the clubbies at Freshwater on a 2 foot day? And announced it in a forum here? And now you're calling this guy a kook? Now THAT'S a bit rich don't you think?.
it wasnt 2 foot, 4 foot at least, plus i was swimming ... and yes :oops:

Sausage
regular

Post by Sausage » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:30 pm

Hey Hawkeye, the reason I get the shits is that this person may well be a young kid and I don't think he should be flamed because he misspelled one word. Instead of giving him or her some constructive criticism its the flame Olympics.
I think there are some very insecure people who are just waiting to criticise people when they should be doing something about their own faults.

Hawkeye
barnacle

Post by Hawkeye » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:53 pm

Sure, the guy ought to be encouraged to follow his dreams. No doubting that. But it's not just about raw ability. Take a look at Davo. Raw ability in oodles. But he's a sponsor's nightmare because of his character. Can't keep his aggression in check.

Besides, I wasn't talking only about sponsorship. If you've seen my other posts on sponsorship and the mutual obligations that most young kids seem to forget about,you'll know I;m also talking abut how you present yourself when looking for work, and the need to put yourself in the other guy's shoes as your potential boss and see yourself as he or she sees you.

I'm not saying the ability to spell is more important than talent. But talent is not all that determines results. Otherwise, Shane Herring would still be serving it up to KS on the tour, Davo would have earned a million dollars, and KK, with his penchant for stirring up the opposition, would be Prime Minister.

IF 'talent' was all that mattered, why is it that 'pretty' people seem to get ahead faster than more homely-looking folks and earn more, despite being on average equally or less competent?

Nick-W
barnacle

Post by Nick-W » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:42 pm

Such a kook, OMG. Go surf at Manly you Brazilian kook machine.

If you were any more kook then you would be a chef.

Who cares? The kid made a mistake, he is a shit speller. But once again, who cares? It doesn't mean he can't surf, and Sausage, I think your taking their jokes a little too serious.

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:27 am

Sausage wrote:
stoive wrote:you gotta be tough to lidders hey to build up your image, im talking real COCKhead stuff here mate
F#ck off dick dragger no gives a sh%t what you say, you have no credibility around these parts.
Radical dude!!!

Being an insecure elitist is tubular. :roll:

Beets
regular

Post by Beets » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:26 am

Seeing as you all want to play the Spelling Game...
Nappy wrote:Sure your not looking for spencership......
dammit__01 wrote:psst, ill let you in on a secret, no ones gives a **** what your riding, aslong as your charging...
kreepykrawly wrote: Your so focused on spelling errors that you cant even construct a proper sentence>>>
Nick-W wrote: Who cares? The kid made a mistake, he is a shit speller. But once again, who cares? It doesn't mean he can't surf, and Sausage, I think your taking their jokes a little too serious.
You have all incorrectly used the word 'your'. In the possessive sense you use the word 'your', however in the above cases you all should have used the contracted word for 'you are' i.e. 'You're'.

So before you flame others, make sure you aren't making yourself look like an even bigger fool.

Notes________________________________________
- Full marks to Ron and Hawkeye.
- I know there were other mistakes in those quotes that I didn't correct
- I hope I didn't make any mistakes myself, otherwise I am really in trouble :lol:

Karlos
Snowy McAllister

Post by Karlos » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:34 am

Beets wrote:Seeing as you all want to play the Spelling Game...

Blah Blah Blah

- I hope I didn't make any mistakes myself, otherwise I am really in trouble :lol:
Beets: Your spelling is fine, but I feel I've got to point out that in your 'Notes' section, you have put a fullstop after your first point, but not after the next two. I do believe we need a bit more consistency here, and I do feel we can go either with or without punctuation when using formatting such as what you have employed here. You just need to make a decision either way. I'll give you a B.

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:35 am

Very good Beets, small round of applause. :lol:

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:48 am

Karlos wrote:

Blah Blah Blah

Beets: Your spelling is fine, but I feel I've got to point out that in your 'Notes' section, you have put a fullstop after your first point, but not after the next two. I do believe we need a bit more consistency here, and I do feel we can go either with or without punctuation when using formatting such as what you have employed here. You just need to make a decision either way. I'll give you a B.
Karlos, very disappointing. If you are going to critique don’t write ‘Blah Blah Blah’ with caps and then not have fullstops. ‘Blah, blah, blah...’ perhaps may have been more correct.

Also, this ‘'’ is an abbreviation for a foot, as in the imperial measurement. This ‘"’ would be for inches.

So ‘your’ is not ‘you're’, but ‘you’re’. Get with the programme and learn kids.

No doubt your lawn is rooted as well! :lol:

Karlos
Snowy McAllister

Post by Karlos » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:04 pm

ric_vidal wrote:
Karlos wrote:

Blah Blah Blah

Karlos, very disappointing. If you are going to critique don’t write ‘Blah Blah Blah’ with caps and then not have fullstops. ‘Blah, blah, blah...’ perhaps may have been more correct.

Also, this ‘'’ is an abbreviation for a foot, as in the imperial measurement. This ‘"’ would be for inches.

So ‘your’ is not ‘you're’, but ‘you’re’. Get with the programme and learn kids.

No doubt your lawn is rooted as well! :lol:
Very true Mr Vidal, my lawn IS rooted. Damn these water restrictions!

Touche on the 'blahs', you got me there, & I even made a point of rereading (or is that 're-reading'?) my post before I hit the submit button :oops: But I'll be buggered if I know where to find the ’ key on my Mac keyboard. I've got to use the ' one instead. Let's blame Apple for that one & I'll plead ignorance in the meantime. And yes, I do have a Key Cap Chart somewhere here but you know something, it's just too much work to figure out... :wink:

edit: Before anyone pulls me up on the fact I managed to type a ’, it is actually a cut & paste job from Ric's post.

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:08 pm

Captain Vidal, i hate to pull you up on grammar, but you did not leave a line after your quote. Not doing this implies that it is a continuation of the paragraph you just quoted. Obviously this is a mistake and im sure your lawn is close to death.

-Zing.

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:19 pm

iggy wrote:
Coops@DY wrote:grammar.
well done... you've learnt how to spellell it :D

for as long as my backhand tube riding sucks i'm gonna be wearing the spelling bee hat... need something to mask my surfing insecurities..!
:lol:
Shouldnt that be a capital 'N'?

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:32 pm

iggy wrote:^^ You picked up on the lack of Capitalisation but missed this?
> spellell :shock:
I thought that was deliberate. :shock: Like you were being ironic.

Damage
Owl status

Post by Damage » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:32 pm

Geeze you guys are padantic.

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:34 pm

Coops@DY wrote:Captain Vidal, i hate to pull you up on grammar, but you did not leave a line after your quote. Not doing this implies that it is a continuation of the paragraph you just quoted. Obviously this is a mistake and im sure your lawn is close to death.

-Zing.
Bullf*ck*nsh*t Zingzang! Now you’re talking design... :wink: now that’s my real baby. :D
Last edited by ric_vidal on Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.