SOLD 6'9 x 20.5 x 2.75 Beckham Twin Fin $250

The new place to register any boards or other surfing equipment for sale.
Or, if you want to report something lost or found, list it here.
There's no time limit on how long your ad can run but please help us to keep the relevant stuff at the top by changing the heading to include the word "SOLD" when you've disposed of the item. An admin or mod may elect to alter the heading for you if there's no activity for a long period of time.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari

Hatchnam
Duke Status

SOLD 6'9 x 20.5 x 2.75 Beckham Twin Fin $250

Post by Hatchnam » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:34 pm

SOLD

FOR SALE 6'9 x 20.5 x 2.75 Beckham Twin Fin $250
was $300, now $250
Anyone out there been interested and want it cheaper ? It's too big for me now, and if it doesn't sell here I will either trade it in, or sell on gumtree. If you're keen to buy it or check it out let me know...

SPECS..?
6'9 x 20.5 x 2.75
Twin fin (more at the hi-performance modern end of the spectrum)
Vee Bottom
Diamond Tail
Single Channel
Moderate Rocker
Forward Foil with widest point in centre
Moderate/boxy rails
Good strong glass job
Nice looking board
Shaped by Nigel Beckham (apparently a bit of an underground guru twin-fin shaper, with his own interpretation of the twinny ala "Revolu-Twin")

WHO WOULD IT SUIT..?
Bigger and/or taller blokes (90kg+) wanting a super-fast and lively hi-performing type board for chest high up to 5-6ft+.

HOW DOES IT GO..?
I've surfed this board about 10 times, in conditions ranging from peaky shoulder-high windswells, to well overhead bowly ground-swells (5-6ft +). Great fun board and super-super-fast. It's immediately apparent that it's a bullet quick board from the second you're up. It's loose and free and lively, but it's predicatable and without being "flat or skatey" like twins can be. It doesn't go overly well in fat or sluggish waves as it likes being continually turned rail-to-rail (being a twinny and all). But adversely, it absolutely lights up in anything bowly or hollow. It really eats up peaky bowly stuff. Surfs top-to-bottom very well and loves some wall to tear up-and-down. Feels right at home in the steeper pockety sections/hooks of the wave, and punches/releases beautifully thru top-turns. Absolutely hammers down the line and beats down sections like a whip. It’s a pretty drivey board for a twin fin. The depth/size of fins gives it a firm hold, and the diamond-tail, single channel, and vee bottom gives it a centred feel and keeps it turning nice and clean rail-to-rail. Overall, it feels like a cross between a thruster and a twinny. Faster and looser than a thruster, but is still more predictable and user-friendly than a twinny.

WHY AM I SELLING..?
Have had this board since Jan 2014. Bought it secondhand at the time in near new condition (and it still is). The only reason I'm selling it, is that it's now simply too big for me to be consistently practical. When I bought the board I was around 90kg, but now I'm only 77kg (so it's now a bit of a boat for me these days and only really suits me for 5foot plus surf – so it’s better off with somebody who’s gonna use it often)

WHERE CAN YOU PICK IT UP?
Southern-Eastern suburbs, Sydney. Interested? then reply here or PM me...

Last edited by Hatchnam on Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sniff wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:39 am
Not enough for a full handbeak
steve shearer wrote:full dionysian hand jive body torque

Hatchnam
Duke Status

Re: PRICE DROP 6'9 x 20.5 x 2.75 Beckham Twin Fin $250

Post by Hatchnam » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:16 am

** Bump** price drop
Sniff wrote:

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:53 am

How did you lose 13 kegs, that is a ton of weight.

Hatchnam
Duke Status

Post by Hatchnam » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:27 am

well it was over the course of about 12 months total. but the aggressive weight loss from Jan 1 onwards, as I totally gave up drinking. and eat healthy always etc.. giving up piss was the big thing that did it.
Sniff wrote:

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:21 am

Yep those sugars will kill you in the end. Giving up the piss can be done, I've done it, for 7 months not a drop for the hell of it, felt great, outlook awesome, surfing improved by 25% min and also made me look at booze from the outside which wasn't the intent but it made me draw some conclusions I wasn't expecting, but that's another story, back to the twin fin.

Hatchnam
Duke Status

Post by Hatchnam » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:32 pm

No takers here ? No plumpers or older cats sitting there in the background interested but procrastinating ?

I just had some clown try offer me $180 cash for it, but I turned it down. It's a good board and worth more than that :roll:

Anyone keen on trading another board on it if you're not wanting to part with cashola ?
Sniff wrote:

Hatchnam
Duke Status

Post by Hatchnam » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:47 pm

OK, so "someone" out there's interested. I can feel it. Just got this PM in now. Deleted by author before i could read it. But suspect it was from an "interested procrastinator"

This message has been removed by its author before it was delivered.
by "XXXXXXX" » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:25 pm ...

it's a good board, and if i was still a beef-burger i'd keep it !

So - Who wants the board? for cash or for trade?
Sniff wrote: