6'10" McCoy Nugget

The new place to register any boards or other surfing equipment for sale.
Or, if you want to report something lost or found, list it here.
There's no time limit on how long your ad can run but please help us to keep the relevant stuff at the top by changing the heading to include the word "SOLD" when you've disposed of the item. An admin or mod may elect to alter the heading for you if there's no activity for a long period of time.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari

damo666
regular

6'10" McCoy Nugget

Post by damo666 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:26 am

McCoy Nugget - 6'10" x 21 1/4" x 3 1/16.

Its a Rogers shaped one, so has slightly less rocker and slightly less full rails compared to the Geoff shaped ones.
One professional repair on the nose, otherwise in excellent condition.

Obviously its a great paddler and gets in to waves ridiculously early - a good shortboard for the larger gent, or as begginer/alternative to lugging around a big longboard.

Located in Canberra. Happy to assist with courier if required, or can deliver to Sydney eatern suburbs and/or NSW Sth Coast over the next few weekends.

$300 ono

Ph - 0467 806 506

ctd
barnacle

Re: 6'10" McCoy Nugget

Post by ctd » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:03 pm

How do you find this board in the average Sth Coast beach break? I have a mini mal type board for smaller waves, but its not great on bigger (shoulder/head high+) or steeper (low tide waves), so how did you find the nugget in these conditions - will it complement the mini mal or is it more of a mini mal replacement (ie both boards suit the same conditions)?

I have read a bit about the nugget, but its a bit all over the place re this question - some say it does well on bigger waves, some say its a small wave board

In the pics of the board on the ground, there looks like a crease running across the bottom and top - is this damage or is it just the light?

Cheers

damo666
regular

Post by damo666 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:28 pm

Hi ctd,

I’d definitely go the other way – in my opinion the nuggets handle bigger stuff really well.

Whilst lots of people seem to be drawn to them in little conditions because of the beefy mini-mal type dimensions, there are probably better options in really small junky stuff (ie, a mal). Although this one does do a little better in mush as it had a bit less rocker than usual.

It can mess with your mind paddling out with much foam out in larger surf but they really do light up in a bit of juice. For an intermediate like me they have the positives of early entry into the wave and heaps of control at speed. I’m sure I am not alone here, have a read here - http://www.swaylocks.com/groups/mccoy-w ... gger-waves

Nah, no crease – it must be something in the photo. I’ll post another shot or two shortly

Thanks
Damo

damo666
regular

Post by damo666 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:38 pm

ctd
barnacle

Post by ctd » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:40 am

PM sent

damo666