Mentawai Surf trip travel diary / book

The new place to register any boards or other surfing equipment for sale.
Or, if you want to report something lost or found, list it here.
There's no time limit on how long your ad can run but please help us to keep the relevant stuff at the top by changing the heading to include the word "SOLD" when you've disposed of the item. An admin or mod may elect to alter the heading for you if there's no activity for a long period of time.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari

zingomar
regular

Mentawai Surf trip travel diary / book

Post by zingomar » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:57 am

A Surfing Adventure in the Mentawai Islands

Good read for those who like surf travel stories with some depth or are curious about surf charters or the Mentawais or want to re-live their own surf charter trip...

ebook available on Amazon around at $3.58 aud. Can be read on a Kindle or a Kindle app on a PC.

A couple of reviews;

"I really enjoyed the book. Great to be in the surf again, even just in my imagination.
Brings back great memories of mentawais .... so far away"

"Loved this book! Having been surfing around the Mentawai Islands myself I found this “diary” echoed my own surf boat trip! I could relate to the travellers on board, the skipper and crew, the islands, the surf, the camaraderie, the late arvo post surf beer, coral cuts, sun burn, colour & beauty of the islands and their inhabitants etc etc.
The depth of feeling for these islands and what it means to be lucky enough to have surfed their fabled reefs is told with great reverence by the author. His respect for this environment and its waves and the whole spirit of surfing is clear.
This book is for anyone who has been to this unique corner of the world or who is thinking about a surf trip there. But more impressive is that surfer and non surfer alike will also find it a snap shot of the spirit of travel, adventure & good times with your friends better than anything I’ve read before! "

http://www.amazon.com/A-Surfing-Adventu ... B00GVO7SHC