Boards (and gear) for Sale

The new place to register any boards or other surfing equipment for sale.
Or, if you want to report something lost or found, list it here.
There's no time limit on how long your ad can run but please help us to keep the relevant stuff at the top by changing the heading to include the word "SOLD" when you've disposed of the item. An admin or mod may elect to alter the heading for you if there's no activity for a long period of time.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Boards (and gear) for Sale

Post by Trev » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:25 pm

Given we've had a small influx of "for sale" topics recently, what are your thoughts on adding a "Stickied" topic in here?

Give me a bit of feedback please.

In fact, I've sort of started one now, haven't I?

To hell with it.

Consider it done. 8)
Then again. Maybe I should create a separate thread - so each sale can be viewed separately.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Boards (and gear) for Sale

Post by Trev » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:55 pm

Matticus Finch wrote:If your going to have a new topic for each sale it might be tidier to have a new sub forum?
Perhaps in the heading they could be edited to say SOLD if they can't just be deleted. Otherwise a running sticky and as each sale is completed the post just gets deleted?

Wasn't there a for sale or classifieds section before?
By "thread" I guess I mean what you mean by "sub forum".
Certainly I can see the benefit of each item or group of items having their own topic which allows the heading to be altered to reflect "SOLD" when that happens.

There was a REALSURF classified section not related to the forums IIRC.
And there may have been a "For Sale" section in the forums but I can't remember.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:43 pm

Matticus Finch wrote:Don't know what you are meant to call it but here for example..

"Boards (and gear) for Sale" is what I would call a thread, or topic. That's a topic (as in "New Topic" button you hit to start one).

"General surf discussion" is what I would call the sub forum it appears in. Agreed. But I would also call it a Thread. However, I admit to not actually ever following tradition :(

You might go off and organise all this and not see another flurry of sales until this time next year too? Quite true. But it's also possible that it's very existence would promote more entries.
Beanpole

Skipper

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:05 pm

Thanks matticus. I'll probably go the second option. Just need to get a bit of time over the next few days.
Currently making (with the wife's help :wink: ) a couple of new board covers and hope to see some more waves tomoz.
Beanpole

Skipper

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:22 pm

FFS, Colonel, get you priorities right :!: :mrgreen:
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:27 pm

swvic wrote:FFS, Colonel, get you priorities right :!: :mrgreen:
Beanpole

Skipper

JaM71
charger

Post by JaM71 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:52 pm

Oh good, just what I need more temptation!!
(Already banned myself from eBay, gumtree & surf shops due to a serious lack of self control)
Gonna be a popular thread, c mon CoC get a wiggle on :-D-:
Davros: "But it felt a bit long and stiff"

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:35 pm

New section started.
Beanpole

Skipper

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:05 pm

Matticus Finch wrote:
Trev wrote:New section started.
Good stuff - and thanks for fixing up / reactivating my account too.
Not a problem.
I see your mate's on the board, too.
Beanpole

Skipper