making a ding not look lik a ding

Discuss shaping and repairing techniques here.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari

xii

making a ding not look lik a ding

Post by xii » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:26 pm

Hi guys, my stick took some punishment last weekend =( Does anyone know the best way to fix a ding while preserving sum aesthetics?

My board is a stock greg webber and it looks like the original glassing is white coloured with thin clear finish coat.

Ive never used pigmented resin before so im clueless here. Should i just fix the whole ding with pigmented resin or use unpigmented first then do a finish coat with pigment? or the other way around?

CheErs

fong

Post by fong » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:58 pm

well.....if u want it like it didn't happen....i'd go a spray can of matching colour after the wounds healed :arrow: just b real light with the can...not heavy...couple light coats...with correct drying time in between....take u board the shop when u buy u can to match the colour :idea:

i'm sure others here may b offer u some good advice...vandal :arrow: plattypus :?:

smw1
Local

Post by smw1 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:22 am

If it's a stock Webber (i.e. regular white), then you shouldn't need to be using pigments or sprays, just use the right amount of Q-Cell to get a decent colour match.

Do a search for "ding repairs" or similar on the forum and you'll find dozens on helpful posts on how to do it right.

Best of luck

SMW1

xii

Post by xii » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:40 pm

Thanks for the advice guys. i used spray paint followed by sum wax. turned out purrfect but now im really paranoid about bumping my board arnd coz its too nice to ruin :? :? :?

mad
charger

Post by mad » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:16 pm

Dings is dings 11, now ya got ya first one ya don't have to stress any more :cry:

But if ya want your board repair to look pristine, why not throw a couple of clams at ya local ding repairer/glasser cos they'll do a bang up job.