Need a wetsuit recommendation

Discuss shaping and repairing techniques here.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari

Need a wetsuit recommendation

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:07 am

I need a wetsuit for surfing but also want to use it for a triathlon in the UK in June. I've been recommended Rip Curl Elastos for surfing - has anyone used one for swimming - and how easy are they to get off? The other alternative would be to get a triathlon wetsuit and use it for surfing but I suspect that it won't be durable enough.

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:35 pm

yeh thats a tough one...triathlon and surfing...id say rip curl elasto or qs cell. but they might not be too efficient for getting off quickly during an event

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:44 pm

Even triathlon wetsuits aren't easy to get off in a hurry so I can live with that. Does anyone have experience of swimming in wetsuits? I've tried in an old style steamer which was impossible. Obviously the newer ones will be better but are they good enough to swim 1.5k in and still have some energy left?

stuey

Post by stuey » Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:52 pm

No way is a surf wetsuit gonna do the job of a swimmin wetsuit!What are ya thinkin? Ive been doin tri's for 17 years, surfin 30 years. The two don't mix, simply because o the designs and cut. Ironman wetsuits do have a hybrid however its bloody expensive. And tri-wetties are easy to get out of, just not too easy to get in ta. I use X-terra tri wetties. Thanks for the sponsorship boys.