Aku pro

Discuss shaping and repairing techniques here.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari

diggerdickson
barnacle

Aku pro

Post by diggerdickson » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:32 pm

am thinking of using it just for kicks, will never send a file to a ma,hine but am interesed in playing with volymes, bottom contours, tail shapes, all just for kicks and maybe even printi.g off templates. Any one used it and what are your thoughts
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

brendo
barnacle

Re: Aku pro

Post by brendo » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:44 pm

Matticus Finch wrote:So now that you have to pay for Aku (If you want to save your files), what's the go? Is it worth looking at the others, anyone else mucking around with CAD software?

I'm thinking with my current abode, for now this is the only way I can maybe make a board (or should I say, get made). Goldcoast sounds a lot cheaper for the machine and glassing, anyone doing it in Sydney or Wollongong area?

How much follow up work is required after the board comes off the machine?

Is there a swaylocks of machine shaping out there?

Andrew harris has a machine at banksmeadow (next to mascot) he uses aku. they were cutting blanks
for guys, id say they still do. a guy from stannie was actually getting a few cut few yrs back. u may know
the guy, mid-late 40s, fit, red hair, a mo I think. not to many ginger ninjas would fit that desc down there who surf!

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:27 pm

Matticus Finch wrote:
There's Dylan Longbottom at Wollongong apparently and I've seen the machine going at the back of Kings in Kirrawee.
Is that the guy who hurt his back in Indo a few years ago.
On here as Longbum.
If so he hasn't posted for ages but he signed in a couple of weeks ago.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:15 am

Matticus Finch wrote:Maybe - but I don't think so, perhaps related though? From the same area if I recall correctly.

Could well be a contender for having had a serious injury though, this is him at that Code Red day in Teahupoo a few years ago (BillabongXXL ride of the year entry 2012).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ZKP0tvlNM
Thanks matti.
Seems this guy's name is Darryl (Dazz), so yeah, I guess related.
Here's the Realsurf thread.
http://forum.realsurf.com/forum/viewtop ... it=longbum
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:54 am

That's his brother, Trev. Darren.
I think Darren owns a surf shop in Kiama and is in a wheelchair from the accident.

There is a Darren Longbottom who posts pics on Swellnet, but I don't think it can be the same bloke as there are a lot of water shots and that'd be tricky?
Maybe that's another relo.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:55 am

alakaboo wrote:That's his brother, Trev. Darren.
I think Darren owns a surf shop in Kiama and is in a wheelchair from the accident.

There is a Darren Longbottom who posts pics on Swellnet, but I don't think it can be the same bloke as there are a lot of water shots and that'd be tricky?
Maybe that's another relo.
Thanks 'boo.
Beanpole

Skipper

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:37 pm

stupid question, but you cant do channels on aku can you :lol:

Not that im fixated on em or anything like that. :oops:

pirate_agenda
regular

Post by pirate_agenda » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:53 pm

byrne at fairy meadow has one ... not sure if they cut for the public though. ive had a few cut at kingy's.

force 9 at caringbah has the best one (6 axis robot) but its for them only

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:59 pm

wingnut, loving ya blog mate, when you going to do some more