Ahhhhhhh shit

Discuss shaping and repairing techniques here.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari

Grooter
Duke Status

Ahhhhhhh shit

Post by Grooter » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:37 am

So anyway it was an hour after low tide and I honestly thought there was enough water over the reef

But there wasn't :cry:

I dropped down the face, angled right and all was well. And then the board stopped and I went flying
Farked.jpg
End result the impact of the fin hitting the reef drove it right through the deck of the board busting the stringer in the process :shock:

The board is an 8'6" custom shaped by Grant Miller, I've dropped it off at Trigger to get repaired, but I'm anxious to know if she'll ever be the same again and whether I may be better off cutting my losses....
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Ahhhhhhh shit

Post by PeepeelaPew » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:21 am

Last edited by PeepeelaPew on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:18 pm

^^^^

My oath you can smart guy :x

Repairer got back to me, I'll be $190 lighter for my troubles by the end of the week.
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

MrMik
regular

Post by MrMik » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:45 am

I don't think the repair job will make any perceivable difference to the boards performance (if done well).

The fin (or the fin box) surely adds so much stiffness to the board in the longitudinal direction that the stringer has little effect in that area?