Free Blank - second

Discuss shaping and repairing techniques here.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari

Beerfan

Re: Free Blank - second

Post by Beerfan » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:42 am

Ooh ooh pick me pick me!!. I'm keen mate. Is it a surfblanks?

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:14 am

The blank is safely tucked way in my garage!. Already playing around with templates. Thanks once again mate. Will update the thread when any progress occurs, which could be slow haha. So far I'm thinking of building a board around a set of Ben aipa twins that I have. Old school twinny, not a fish. Dunno could be totally different haha. Hoping to have a cork deck too

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Thu May 02, 2013 3:35 pm

Jeez, ghost town around here lately haha. I've been making mdf templates, one 6'1" egg, and a 6'1" fish to suit the blank. Fish has a rounded, but not too wide nose, and I like the curves on it, 15 1/2"n x 20 1/2+1" x 15"t. I'm going to try a quad too, either way. And I think I might try some innegra under 4oz using a cheap aquarium pump. I'm going for light light but not totally weak.

I'm sure the fairy will be around in the next few months !!!

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Fri May 03, 2013 11:51 am

Hopefully next week. It's Easter this weekend at our house ( my wife is orthodox. Well, about as orthodox as I'm catholic haha ), so I'm jamming stuff in my shaping bay, I mean garden shed. Hope to bust out the planer on Monday at least. In 2 minds about which one, fish or egg, but I'm now leaning toward the egg, mainly coz I have a great fish, and I'm not too happy with my last egg, and want to have another go.

Will post pics, you'll all get a good laugh at least :)

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Mon May 20, 2013 4:46 pm

Not getting much shed time, so have changed tack a bit. I know I'm going to do an egg with this blank, but not right now. Matticus lent me some epoxy, and I have a basically finished marko blank, so I'm gunna finish that one off. Kinda funny, as its the lowest volume board I'll have for a long time, but it should be very light ( 4x 44 s cloth ). I haven't surfed for nearly 2 months, so I'll probably struggle to paddle the thing, but I'm going to the gym and eating better, so I'm 7 kg's lighter than I've been for a long time.

6'1" x 19 3/4 x 2 5/8. Will get 4 fins

Will update

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Tue May 21, 2013 12:14 pm

Cheers mate. Yeah it sucks, real life is getting in the way. Has to end soon though, or so I keep telling myself hehe. How's the new digs??

pirate_agenda
regular

Post by pirate_agenda » Tue May 21, 2013 6:06 pm

nice clean shape beery

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:34 pm

Still procrastinating about sanding the rails on the eps board so I played around with that blank. Cut a 5'11 pod thingy. Basically an egg but I flipped the tail and nose so the wide point is an inch behind centre instead of an inch in front of centre. Pretty much 16" both nose and tail. Going to plough down the front, so the majority of the foam is from centre back to between my feet nugget style. Single concave, quad fins, 4 x 4 plus deck patch, and I'm going to thin out the rails as much as I dare ( I'm hopeless at leaving them chunky ). Slow going, as I have "golfers elbow". Which isn't super painful just very very slow to come back to 100%. Well post a pic later when I feel like uploading it on my pc ( it's slow as all fkkukkk ).