Don't intall finboxes after night shift

Discuss shaping and repairing techniques here.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari

Beerfan

Don't intall finboxes after night shift

Post by Beerfan » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:10 am

So, my pacman board is fun, but having no toe on those big keel fins seems to rob it of some lift ( well, that's my half arsed theory ), so i routed out the boxes, and wanted to install some new boxes, this time with 1/4 toe, to see if it would give me a bit of lift and more squirt.

Anyway, i went out yesterday, as the resin and glass arrived, but not the side fin boxes. I've been using a probox centre fin to align the jig over the hole. Anyway, i started mixing up the resin, put some patches in the hole, half filled it with resin, and put the box in. I thought i was pretty good, until i looked at the box and realised i'd put the centre fin box in the side fin hole, WHOOOPS!!. Managed to gently lift everything out, and not get any resin on the board thankfully. THe side fin boxes haven't even arrived yet ( surfinggreen are very slow at delivery ) hahaha.

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Re: Don't intall finboxes after night shift

Post by ric_vidal » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:02 pm

sounds as professional as most, I wouldn't worry Beerf :D

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:17 pm

hhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, good story beerfan.....
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:23 pm

Cheers guys. Digger, you can have the f**k up fairy back now!!.

Got the side fins and managed to get them in ok after all. Just need sanding down ( the crap part for sure ) and then i can try it out.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:50 am

Well, i ended up re routing the side finboxes, and setting them with some toe it, as i originally put them in with no toe, which could be good, but then it would be sluggish. Went better, and was fun, but not great. Also, wide round tails, and twin fins = crazy arse loose, but too loose. I like loose, but controllable. Then i got hooked on my longboard, then i got the Josh dowling keel fish, game over for the pacman haha. Sitting in my shed at the moment. Probably keep it for the kids to play around with.