New blank

Discuss shaping and repairing techniques here.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Re: New blank

Post by alakaboo » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:09 am

diggerdickson wrote:been thinking, dont want to surf on a board that looks like a lure :lol: so its blue rails and time to bring back checkers I reckon :D
pretty sure most predators work on contrast Digger, you might be worse off with the checkers.
From below, everything just looks dark anyway, it's the flashing of the lure that attracts the fish not the colour.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:20 pm

sprayed white, blue rails, blue bottom, families hand prints on deck. Due to the white base coat the blue has come out like dark denim and looks good.

Its 6'4 5/8 x 20 x 2 1/2

The final sand job could have been better, I have learnt heaps and realise I have to learn to final sand better and will look at how this can be acheived for my next board.

Because of my inability to complete tasks I have to now put this on the backburner and finish glassing my sons board. So the next sunny monday will be trying to do that and nothing else, plus cant wait to glass in the single fin.

I think the next few sunny mondays are booked out for me and hopefully they will be sunny, though the long forecast dont look to good for that this monday coming.

No more pics till I complete the boards, hopefully me and my boy can start test riding within 2 months, all depends on the weather.

Hope you like the photo
Attachments
phpIaCcIBAM.jpg
phpIaCcIBAM.jpg (39.94 KiB) Viewed 1955 times
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

Quangers
Local

Post by Quangers » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:33 pm

Fcukin love that outline.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:00 pm

Nice touch with the hand prints, I like it.