boat builders, magicians...and other assorted scum

Discuss shaping and repairing techniques here.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

boat builders, magicians...and other assorted scum

Post by mustkillmulloway » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:12 pm

i got fix a little tender up...long story short, nice bloke finds himself living at home next creek with youngest son ( 10)

bitch walked out...this time year

great timing :x

if we can get it water tight the boy will have somewhere spend his ( now motherless) summer hoils in...no doubt joined by my kids...( not all surf but all love mucking around in boats in a river :wink: i'm a bad influence :lol: )

i'll post pics the little boat when i can....it's reallly, really, really old....like back in huies day :lol:

i've gotton some expert advice on fixing the obvious holes ( thanku huie :mrgreen: )

but ...well , i need post pics really hey

i want do like a total restoration...like make it special again ( i've help paint the odd trawler with house paint b4 :wink: )...i fear it maybe beyond this :shock: ...and b4 xmas :shock:

who wants help and give me some guidence :?:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Re: boat builders, magicians...and other assorted scum

Post by alakaboo » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:45 am

aluminium, wood, fibreglass? guessing not glass if it's that old.
patch as well as you can, put in a false floor and fill with expanding foam. leave some holes in the floor for the foam to mushroom up and cut it off and seal with fibreglass.

gibber
Local

Post by gibber » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:40 pm

Hey fong, I'll be up your way one day this week and am more than happy to drop by and have a look at her for you
Just pm your address and number and I'll let you know when I'll be over

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:37 pm

thanks gibber, pm on the way....i've got it out the front dry 8) ing out
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:17 pm

alakaboo wrote:, put in a false floor and fill with expanding foam. leave some holes in the floor for the foam to mushroom up and cut it off and seal with fibreglass.

i likey...but will wait on gibbers advice

if it was just for me i'd fix it with chewing gum and duct tape :lol:

but there little kids 8) and i need get it water tight/safe , looking a bit flash ( kids love a pretty paint job :lol: )
and santa might bring a little electric motor :o

many a week could be wasted in the creek over summer hoils, creeks make good babysitters in my family..lol

than they will grow up get jobs and buy dreamboats and never have time use them :roll:

but will remeber the little boat..and days wasted fishing and crabbing....i hope :wink:
thats the plan anyways

p.s its a rydge boat :?: phone no...553230

i said it was old...like huie vintage :lol:

huie
Local

Post by huie » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:51 pm

gibber wrote:Hey fong, I'll be up your way one day this week and am more than happy to drop by and have a look at her for you
Just pm your address and number and I'll let you know when I'll be over

thank god gibber trying to help him on the internet at this time of the year would have done my head inn show him how to do a butt block while ya there haa' :)

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:57 pm

mustkillmulloway wrote:but will remeber the little boat..and days wasted fishing and crabbing....i hope :wink:
i sure do. had a 10ft flat bottom punt with a 20 year old 6hp seahorse engine, probably putting out about 4hp!

we'd go up the creek aged 6 and 8, only on days with outgoing tides in the arvo because the engine was sketchy and it was a long row home. with 2 kids onboard, 2/3rds of a tank and 2 crabpots, it would draw about 8 inches and would need to be rocked onto the plane.
still remember the pride on my grandads face the day we managed to repair the throttle with a piece of whittled mangrove and some crabpot wire and get back before dark.

good on ya fong.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:14 pm

before pics coming soon....thanks for calling in gibber, u clock up some k's :shock:

good chat and put a face too another realsurfer ( have go for a wave one day :idea: )

i'm please know it can be repaired and how too 8)

few ribs ...i can do that....spoke the owner tonite who said it did have a wooden plank floor that he threw as it was rotton

still think your idea work better/lighter

p.s that trawler i told u about :o ....is now anchor off nationals...i wonder wat doing...none my bussiness...but....people who love boats take a note things like this :wink: