another typical shorty....

Discuss shaping and repairing techniques here.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari

pridmore
Owl status

another typical shorty....

Post by pridmore » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:59 pm

sorry bout the size of pics....
only had a few waves on it and rode it finless but it wants fins and I am awaiting some keels to come home to me....
feels super on top of the water but very responsive, playing with chines/deep concaves/ high volume stuff....
kids did the spray, mostly my 7 yr old daughter...( thats why there are some wobbly lines happening ) but they had fun doin it...inspired by the snow leopard in Kung-Fu Panda.....

also if anyone is interested, I have alot of new stuff on my boards section on my site....
www.moresurfboards.com

I can hear Natho and Dinosaur whingeing about me abusing the forums already...hahahaha......

diggerdickson
barnacle

Re: another typical shorty....

Post by diggerdickson » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:02 pm

that doesnt look like a typical shorty mark :D
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:15 pm

sarcasm is the lowest for of humour they say.....not alot thats too typical about this one, but then again, I know how the typical shorty goes and nobody except me knows how this goes..... :roll: 8)

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:47 am

crazy fun , hope others will ride it at board testing day..... :D

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:24 pm

Man, that is a deep concave. And that's about the extent of my board design knowledge...

Carry on.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:10 pm

this thing is crazy fun, hope some wll try it at board testing day... :)

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:35 pm

diggerdickson wrote:that doesnt look like a typical shorty mark :D
no, but it does look like a bodyboard... just round the nose off and you've got a dropknee board

mark, how do the chines work, are they 70-30?
got a shortboard with chined rails and it's great.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:16 pm

the chines are about 45 degrees and approx 1" in width, I did them how I felt might work best on this board and have had very little to do with chines but from the way this thing goes, I'll be dabbling some more...although I havent ridden this with standard fins as yet, just finless and with 2 tiny small fins...but plan to try it with some keels soon and then feel how she performs thru turns instead of just slide and glide...but so far it is really fun and fast too, it holds quite well considering nil fins ..
there are alot of positives within this board, looks like madness but there is some method in there..... :roll: :)

Quangers
Local

Post by Quangers » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:15 pm

pridmore wrote:Image
sorry bout the size of pics....
only had a few waves on it and rode it finless but it wants fins and I am awaiting some keels to come home to me....
feels super on top of the water but very responsive, playing with chines/deep concaves/ high volume stuff....
kids did the spray, mostly my 7 yr old daughter...( thats why there are some wobbly lines happening ) but they had fun doin it...inspired by the snow leopard in Kung-Fu Panda.....

also if anyone is interested, I have alot of new stuff on my boards section on my site....
http://www.moresurfboards.com

I can hear Natho and Dinosaur whingeing about me abusing the forums already...hahahaha......
Nice looking board - Kung Fu Panda's a sick movie (I've got two little 'uns)

Why would Dino whinge?(Because you aren't helping him flog second hand CDs? Albeit cool ones)

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:17 pm

he and natho give me some crap but mostly to get me to bite back I think... :roll:
Kung fu panda is ok, I like 'Cloudy with a chance of meatballs' myself, and Nemo is ok, and those Penguins off Madagascar are classic...and there's a show called' Shaun the Shep', think its ABC and its a ripper, have you seen them Quangers ?, kids tv is the best, better than the BS adults watch.... 8)

Quangers
Local

Post by Quangers » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:22 pm

pridmore wrote:he and natho give me some crap but mostly to get me to bite back I think... :roll:
Kung fu panda is ok, I like 'Cloudy with a chance of meatballs' myself, and Nemo is ok, and those Penguins off Madagascar are classic...and there's a show called' Shaun the Shep', think its ABC and its a ripper, have you seen them Quangers ?, kids tv is the best, better than the BS adults watch.... 8)
Yeah mate, I hear ya - bloody DVDs as presents given to my kids. I reckon shaun the sheep is funny as shite.

Hey, you gonna send that board around or what? That shape looks like heaps of fun (tricky as hell, but fun) :D .

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:34 pm

I am confused to what board to send coz I am frothing over a few atm, not trying to be big headed there either, just really enjoying the dim-SIM ( my mini-simmons design ), the Fish-Finger ( of which this is a relative )..but would also love to send around a Swinger and even a Kritta...but just not sure, the semi-finless boards are quite different an most wont want to try them or perservere enough to get to a level where it is really really fun, but I did have a board reviewer try my other fish-finger and he loves it, said it was tricky but very fun....so who knows....guess I can just ick one and do another next time.....

Quangers
Local

Post by Quangers » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:06 pm

^^^^ You could send a bunch in a coffin bag! :mrgreen:

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:08 pm

pridmore wrote:he and natho give me some crap but mostly to get me to bite back I think... :roll:
Nah get fcuked Mark.. My 4 yr old and I have watched all of those and they are good. However I ordered the Mermaid Book with Rasta and his girl and read it to her and it was the best thing ever! Now she wants to "Be in a spinning water tunnel !" 8) 8) 8)
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:46 am

pridmore wrote:and there's a show called' Shaun the Shep', think its ABC and its a ripper
Shaun the sheep is one of the funniest kids shows ever made. Gold!!! and old school animation as well.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:48 am

What are the dims mark, nose and tail etc?? Sounds like fun for sure.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:13 am

when they are for me, sometimes I just shape em and dont measure up all dims, just go with what looks FUNctional, in this case, I had the original Fish-Finger in the bay and changed any part of the board that I thought could give me a different-better ride, it was totally experimental whereas the first one was quite tame and predictable ( haha , words that cant really be used in their performance...) but dims are roughly 5'11" x 20 1/2" ish x 2 3/4" pod is at leasta foot wide..haha..
concaves are over 1/4" deep, big chines thru back 2/3 of board, it surfs like a catamaran, really high on the water and very little drag, especially with nearly no fins...very fast and free :D
you should see the looks people give me in the water, its classic... :)

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:53 pm