6'6'' egg

Discuss shaping and repairing techniques here.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari

Beerfan

Re: 6'6'' egg

Post by Beerfan » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:13 pm

Weird pic, but the wind is howling, so i just grabbed a quick pic. Few things i could have done better, but im keen to get it wet. Leash plug needs a quick sand, but otherwise ready for some small fat runners!.

gabsouy
regular

Post by gabsouy » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:44 pm

nice double ender, for some real fun stick some more boxes in it and try as a twinfin ,large flexy fins heaps of rake with a firm base but super flexy in the tip. if you do - use boxes not plugs, the leverage of big flex fins rips the plugs out ......

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:45 am

Im too lazy to put more plugs in haha. If it surfs crap i'll look at putting more in. I hope,to get it wet soon. MF, I just ran out mate, that's all. It has got me keen to finish off my Marko eps board, though im going to widen the blank, and make a semi fish, or similar. Gunna be fun playing around widening the blank. Not!!

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:24 pm

I don't wanna waste the blank i already have, plus, i like to muck around.

Haha we'd probably get mugged, the mall has turned into a bit of a dive in the last few years. Not long ago i was in there holding my 2 year old on my arm and some random tattoo faced bum came up and was rambling in my face. I thought he'd rant then go, but he kept going and i was thinking i might have to do something ( not sure what !? ) when he finally decided to just walk off rambling. He wasn't the only suspect looking person there either. And this was mid morning on a week day.

Went into town for beers yesterday and also got to witness Shazza and Bazza havin a blue. Shazza screamed at bazza,who replied ( at the top of his lungs ) something along the lines of shazza bein a slut ( god knows who'd shag her, blech! ). 10 mins later they're all cuddles haha.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:41 am

First surf in,shoulder high closeouts. Only thing I can say is it paddles well, and is bloody fast, which is what I was hoping for. Hopefully sometime this year i'll get a decent shaped wave on it haha not having much luck lately :(