introducing-THE MONGRAL

Discuss shaping and repairing techniques here.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari

pridmore
Owl status

Re: introducing-THE MONGRAL

Post by pridmore » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:49 pm

real shame Dave Taylor, Hodges, Slater and even Yambas own Dane Laurie are out...but I did hear a rumpour that Bennett is bringing back Alfy...ha ha :roll:

ya missed me but some kiwi is in hostibal....... :lol:

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:22 pm

should e a good game, will be watching it to see if its played with a bit of passion or wether or not its just a exhibition
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:19 am

Thank god we have some footy to watch, the cricket is killing me. Winter olympics are always a bit addictive as well.
Al this is gold. "She didn't realise I was fairly high and spent much of the evening trying to figure out why a purple and orange cow wanted me to climb a tree."

Jimi
Local

Post by Jimi » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:18 pm

Im normally well into cricket mode (more tests pls) and not ready for the footy when the proper season starts, but im really looking forward to this game.

great stuff with the mongral, looking forward to some reports on how it goes. Making me pumped for another custom, i wish, rent is hard enough to pay atm.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:56 pm

Jimi wrote:Im normally well into cricket mode (more tests pls) and not ready for the footy when the proper season starts, but im really looking forward to this game.

great stuff with the mongral, looking forward to some reports on how it goes. Making me pumped for another custom, i wish, rent is hard enough to pay atm.
make some boards then, sell em for a tiny profit, make another one and sell it again, after about 5 years I reckon I might have made enough to get another custom, cant wait :roll: DAMMIT, NOT EARNING ENOUGH COIN SUCKS

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:38 pm

Spoon wrote:Thank god we have some footy to watch, the cricket is killing me. Winter olympics are always a bit addictive as well.
hate cricket and olympics are just a big hype...imo

so...stoked watch the game tonite...and stoked see the better team win 8)

nah it was a good hard game....good see something on t.v the whole family wants watch :idea:

the whole all stars experment is a bit like my board.....different

but nothin i don't like about it :!: 8)

fu.ck my bunnies have scored with that pommy kid....lets just hope he hasn't a glass jaw ( as the poms are known for )

cause i'm thinkin sooner later his gonna get smashed :?

i'm really buzzing after the game....it was good :?:

p.s mark....the big names...i think missed out :idea: ....but if ya injured ya injured...if ya scared u can be injured too( hey slater) :idea: ....btw....lauries a pretty famous local name down your way :wink: goes back a way :!:

p.p.s photos mark?...pretty please 8)
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:26 pm

I prefer that game to origin footy, I know its a big call, but with nsw people playing for queensland, queensland people in the past playing for nsw, and some australians playing for new zealand cause they aint good enough to play for australia. Every season theres a fight over eligiblilty clause somewhere, bound to happen agian this year.

With the all stars and indeginous teams its black and white, excuse the pun no joke intended, no argueing over eligibilty there at all. Bring on next years game and hopefully the all stars will get up in that game and level it. Really enjoyed the game

Jimi
Local

Post by Jimi » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:58 am

diggerdickson wrote:With the all stars and indeginous teams its black and white, Really enjoyed the game
Except for the ranga playing for the indigenous team, wonder what his link is... he looks fresh out of Scotland

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:44 am

sorry Digger, no way was that a touch on Origin mate, origin has passion and even some hatred, which really gives it its mongrel, they wanna kill each other in origin, I know the Indigenous team had a stack of pride and rightly so, I was cheering for them and they played well...good concept but not at Origin level yet, perhaps if there was a bit of biffo early it could have turned into a real serious passionate affair, need Carl Webb to step up and snot that Pommy kid ( who played very well - even though he shouldnt have been selected in an NRL all-stars team, he has played 15 mins in an NRL trial so far ) , bit like Artie smashing Cronin to set the tone for origin, that incident really showed the pride in the Qlders, and everything has grown from there I reckon...some good concepts and diff rules too, hope it continues ... Ben Jones was the ranga and apparently he only found out a little while ago that his grandparents or great grandparent was an Aboriginal, he did look very outta place sitting next to big Dell ( great celebration ...)and Sammy...he is a bloody good little playa that ranga

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:37 am

I understand what your saying mark, suppose Im just turned off the league for a whole lot of reasons and that game was something new, something different that struck a cord with me, while origin doesnt any more, I mean i hated wally, couldnt stand little alfie and gordon tallis, mate the only time he was a guy I wanted to cheer for was when he was in a aussie gersey ( and even then I didnt mind if the english put a high shot on him). The names of the queenslanders that were hated goes on and on, but know, pffft, who cares, I dont anymore.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:26 am

seems like you just hated talented Queenslanders....I love all those players you mentioned, they played with heart and total committment when in a Maroon jersey IMHO, and if I was a blue then I wouldnt have liked them either I guess but gotta appreciate skill and passion no matter what the jersey, at least once they have retired.... trying to think of some blues players that I liked but guess what there isnt any..ha ha...that hatred still lives on...yeahhh, I love Origin....sorry you dont like ya league anyMORE mate, maybe join the tipping comp with us this season and get back on board mate....even if Norths arent there, always good to go against Fongs team, even if just to shittt him a bit...but just quietly, I am putting a 100 on the bunnies to make the semis this season.... 8)

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:29 pm

Top game.
Not entirely "black and white" though Digger. There were Maoris playing for the NRL Allstars and don't forget they also had Issy Folau. You need to read up on the selection (and replacement) process to understand just how that happens
I agree with Mark. You tend to develop a dislike of the great players who represent "the other State".
Me, I hated Mark Geyer and Benny Elias and Blocker Roach. Not to mention Brad Fittler.
I enjoyed the game immensely.
The Indigenous team deserved to win, despite their slight easing up in defence through the third quarter. NRL team didn't quite seem to have it together.
I wonder if Benny is slightly over the hill? His rep coaching in th elast few years has been a bit ordinary.
"New boys" like his oponent last night and the Storm coach seem to have his measure. I still think he's good enough to take the Dragons to a premiership though.
Maybe it's time to resurrect the NRL thread. Only a few weeks to go. 8)
C'mon Digger, the footy hasn't got any worse since the demise of the Bears. You should enjoy the footy for what it is. Like Mark says. Jump into the footy tipping comp and have some fun.
Someone's gotta beat Coops. :wink:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:16 pm

ok please stay on topic :lol: :arrow:
( i thank capt caveman for putting me onto the tinypic website...irionicly...tinypics makes it heaps easier post full size pics :shock: ...thanks captain 8) )

i think this all stars game...while it never take away from origin could well replace the city v country clash :idea:

which is well past it use by date imo....i honestly think the players be please see end the city v country game as well :!: :idea: .... :?:

it's ( the all stars) a great way open the season...and i enjoyed the rulz changes 8) ( but wouldn't want see it in club matches)

definitely they need golden point imo :idea:

i think this whole nrl all stars vs indigenous all stars is a awesome :idea: .... but of course i'd say that

my team won...lol

p.s and our jerseys looked a shitload better not mention the head gear 8) let alone my new surfboard...nah nah...2010 boards are a year ahead anything else :idea: :arrow: :D
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:28 am

Maaaaaaaate, that looks awesome! What was the rationale behind a thruster set of small butterfly fins? Never seen them used before in a combo like that..looks ultra loose and fast!

I loved the Indigenous All Stars game. That was a pretty serious game of football, they really had a lot of pride on the line. Two people off hurt, one concussion, a few people close to having a biff. All for a supposed "early season warm-up game".

That was some of the best defense I've ever seen by the Indigenous team. How were the two tries they kept off the ground? Great stuff! I was shattered that they were going to lose by 2 points in the end, and then the big break for the last try.

Great game, I was in the Souths Jnrs club screaming away. Me and my girl were the only ones screaming for the Indigenous team!

P.S. Now for the painful wait for the board to cure Fong, I can almost hear your panting from here, haha. I'd love to hear some ride reports, and even better to see some footage?
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:04 pm

you know that yellow boards attract sharks right?

B'fly fin set-up looks good.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:37 pm

the also confuse the missus' if you always get yellow ones.... :roll:

so have you picked it up yet ? Did the step-dad trap for a cold ale and a surf talk ??? 8)

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:45 pm

your lovely mum was there too hand over the new baby :D ...she's so nice mark.... :!:

i couldn't chat...between jobs...classic...i got too bowls club and just had pull up in the car park and paw all over it for 5 mins than sprint too work :D :D

the only thing in the world more beutifull than a new board is a perfect unridden wave :idea:

and each and every souths victory :!:

i can't see my self holding out till next month surf it :D :lol: i'll struggle get thu too thursday :!:

i love the rails.... 8) the front third especially and also the little reverse tail....wait and see but i like your thinkin/experment....looks so right

happy with the weight...not a feather but lite...seems suit it...if that makes sense :?:

i owe your glasser a beer

i left it locked in the car in the sun all day....must been 40 * ....it still smells like green resin ( love the smell) so i guess same again tommorrow

i reckon it helps cure a board...others :idea: :?:

i'm removing the stupid fcs stickers from the deck :P

have gave it a good clean with carnauba and got two polish of a good silicone car wax on it

this is my standard pre wax rituall....i believe a good silicone polish on a new board ( or old ) helps prolong the effects sun and saltwater :?
so...i'm stoked...and have it hidden in fongettes walk in wardrobe :shock: ...it's so fuc.ken hot up here @ the moment i can't see her wearing anything formal anytime soon :lol:

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:22 pm

dunno bout leavin it in the hot car all day mate, gets too hot in there and could have negative effect, I prefer warm spot and in a cover but the curing thing isnt an exact science...or not that I understand anyways...just know that if you can leave em for a few weeks, they hold up much better....

Glad you like it, but when ya gunna ride it ? and what fin placement for first surf ??? :?: