Swinger with length...

Discuss shaping and repairing techniques here.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari

WANDERER
Owl status

Re: Swinger with length...

Post by WANDERER » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:08 pm

RunamuckMalBoy

Post by RunamuckMalBoy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:24 pm

Hey Wanderer

what a sweet looking board, know anyone thats ridden one?

Mark,

Real keen to hear how your board goes... Any thoughts on doing something longer?

Chillin
charger

Post by Chillin » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:23 pm

Here's another one from Chris del moro at Bing surfboards
Zeph_Isis.jpg
Zeph_Isis.jpg (29.71 KiB) Viewed 4980 times
Bing Zeph Is Is

Standard Sizes: 9’0” to 10’0”

Nose: 20”

Middle: 23 1/2" – 24”

Tail: 16 1/2“

Thickness: 2 7/8“ – 3 1/8”

In the past, BIGGER was considered better for nose-riding. This 20” nose by 24” wide middle surfboard can be ridden six inches shorter than normal due to its rocker, thickness flow and unique outline. It has a slightly squared off nose and a defined stinger wing which gives it optimal noseriding capability and looseness off the tail. Glassed with classic weight glass, this is the easiest longboard to ride E-V-E-R and will make any surfer better.
Your opinion is worth as much as it costs.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:44 pm

nothing that isnt or hasnt bee done in board design , it has all been done or something close....They look like they would go fine, same principal as my Swingers...interesting.....
My one still hasnt been ridden as I have been holding off to give it to Taylor Jensen who was the guy I had in mind when I designed and shaped it, plus we did have a chat about it and didnt really wanna give him a 2nd hand beat up board to trial for me...plus the bloke absolutely rips...hoping to hand over the 8'8" any day now....

got a few others in the works too..... 8)

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:14 am

sick of waiting , and trying to get ahold of people who are alays travelling all over the world so just decided to get this thing wet...surfed in fat but perfect little peelers, great longboard waves, 1-2ft and nice and glassy, the board was very fast, even for a longboard, my longboarder mate also rode it and agreed, it planed super well, paddled great, caught waves with rediculous ease, it wasnt as easy to turn as I had hoped but I think I was surfing it too far forward, need more surfs to suss it out, my mate got 2 waves were it looked good, he was weaving and doing little pumps and it seemed to wanna turn better from the back where he was standing...bit tricky for me as I have been riding boards under 6'0" for ages now...so any board thats 8'8" is gunna feel tight I guess, but first thoughts was it would love beachies with just a bit of wall, not sucking but enough shape to bank little turns off, it planed fine on the flatter sections but just felt a bit dull and it felt like it was looking for some wall, the bottom shape of full double with vee out the tail definitely has alot to do with that...so when the right conditions appear, I'll be trying it again for sure...the quad fins added to the speed and drive but I may reduce them in size and also change to a looser ,pivotty template, just wanna loosen it right up and see how it goes..not sure but have h2's in front and maybe put some tiny little fins I have that are same as h2s' but half the size ( i call em h1s' )...also have plenty of other fins..
board held up really well, 2 x 4 with alot of curing time in warm conditions has made it quite solid, thought after walking up and down and a few falss on the deck that ther would be some heel depressions but not a single thing....still hoping to get Taylor and co to try out this one, he is apparently around so hoping to catch up today sometime.... 8)

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:10 am

pridmore wrote:nothing that isnt or hasnt bee done in board design
Don’t think this has... keep ya eyes peeled for the Harddartz... still evolving and pretty different. Be some stories soon I believe but may be more about the person and some history centred around Dee Why characters.

http://www.harddartz.com/Harddartz/Home.html

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:12 pm

Hey mate once you get the pros to ride send her on up!

When you up this way next?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:28 pm

surfed it again today in 3ft beachies and with smaller fins...went heaps better, more speed from the waves and more wall to work with combined with about 40% less fin area as well as more pivotty templates, was even cutting back and doing slow off the tops, cheater 5s' and trying to have some kinda old school style while doin it...lotsa fun....could be a touch addictive me thinks.... :roll:

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:36 pm

I thought this thread was about me.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:47 pm

^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:28 pm

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:57 am

any of those longboarders tested this yet mark
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:26 pm

the ones I was hoping for have not been around much, and spoke to main guy the other day and he said he wants to get Noosa comp and the Malfunction over with before he ill be able to trial the board, he has a busy schedule and lives between here and California, plus touringas a pro longboarder, souds like a good life to me but he really was drained from it all...but if MarcusH wasnt injured I would gladly pass it on to him coz I know he'd ride it for a whil and gie me some feedback...I am not expecting too much from this one and after riding it, I already know some things I will change alot for the 2nd one...but there are some things in this board that I will definitely keep, some design elements that I thought would work have, but need to modify some other things for sure... 8)

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:35 am

its on its way to MarcusH on the Sunny Coast for some esting...should be interesting to hear his thoughts and hear the comments that others will make....be great if ya scored some really nice 3ft Fluff and even some nice beachies at Marooch.....its where the shortboard and the flexible glass fin all started so hey, if its good enough for George and Bob, its good enuff for the Swinger..ha ha...
( sorry but am readin the McT book atm and lovin it...read it if you havent....) 8) MarcusH, maybe give Trev a go if he's keen too.... :?: 8)

also keen to hear what fins you use in it, do you have a few diff FCS fins mate ???

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:32 am

Buff_Brad wrote:I thought this thread was about me.
:D :lol:

I'll pay that!
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:36 pm

Picked up the board and took it down the front....to find nothing.

Going to hit it earlier down mdore, hopefully find a wave or three.

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:41 am

Had my surf on it today in junky knee high waves....I was desperate to get it wet.

I struggled a bit, mainly due to me forgetting this isnt a log that pivot turns! Gernerated alot of speed and was great off the top, just gotta get my head around turning this thing smoothly (havent ridden my performance mal in over a year).

Will hopefully see an increase in swell for the weekend and be able to throw it around at a few beachies. If any of the sunny coast guys want to meet up to try it out please let me know.

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:56 pm

Does anyone else want a go of this? Can drop down to Caloundra most days of the week if needed