Swinger with length...

Discuss shaping and repairing techniques here.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari

pridmore
Owl status

Swinger With Length

Post by pridmore » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:53 pm

Few pics of todays creation, it'll be tested out by some fairly decent longboarders...

not the best pics but you get the idea....

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Re: Swinger with length...

Post by ric_vidal » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:54 am

Oh come on MP, we don't get serious until they are over 9'

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:14 pm

That looks like the bottom half of a shortboard stuck to the top half of a mal :)
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:20 pm

yep.... :)

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:58 pm

Looking good mark, dont know why but I was imagining more of a pronounced flyer.

Lets get this thing up here soon aye! :wink:

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:20 pm

its not glassed yet so might be a little while.....but it'll get up there mate, no worries, unless I become attatched to it in the summer beachies...... :roll:

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:37 pm

it is at my glassers and its getting a 2 x 4 deck and 1 x 4 bottom, not too light but wanted a bit of strength so it'll hold up, plus my 2 x 4s' are lasting really well of late...Got a big skull and cross decal from SDC so it should look the business ( and we all know thats the most important thing :roll: )
setting up with quad fcs and have 2 or 3 diff fin combos I want it trialled with.....Havent caught up with the guy who is supposed to try it for me so might be me on the thing...ha ha , me on a longboard should be fun, or dangerous but I am keen to see how she rides.....I know the perfect wave too, just need a bit of a south swell.....will get it up to you MarcusH for a bit of a spin, and a few of ya longboard ripper mates too ??? ..... 8) should be right in about 10 days or so.... :)

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:19 pm

Have talked to a few of them up here about it and are keen to try it out when it lands.

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:51 pm

are the rail shapes the same forward and aft of the flyers??
I always thought that the 'stinger' design would be the best board design to attack the noserider/tailsurfer balance, ie soft 50/50 rails forward of the flyer and harder and possibly lower behind... in essence, a half and half board, the front half to 2/3rds is noserider the rear 1/2 to 2/3rds is tail surfer...

PS sorry it took so long to get on here but when I changed my email address I got locked out and it seems no one cared to notice that was the case... anyway, I'm back now... so suffer!!

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:25 pm

you ae pretty close Wands....the rails are soft up front, not 50/50 but very soft and forgiving, then after the flyer they are quite boxy with an edge but Iust take the hard edge off till x" from the tail, this is what is working great on the others I have made so just transferring it over to the big rig with a few minor adjustments to suit the additional length.....but I have high hopes for this baby, cant wait for the feedback.....

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:14 pm

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:02 pm

Sh!t yer mark looks the goods!

Hey im hitting DI 23/24th december and north straddie for a week after christmas, let me know if you want a test pilot :wink:

black duck
Snowy McAllister

Post by black duck » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:17 pm

MR Prids
Strangest looking board i think i have ever viewed on the small screen. Like the idea. Keen to hear if it works. Like the 2 boards in one thing - similar to Slater's Pipe board in concept yes? Different front and different tail in order for the board to achieve different things. Hope it works for you. Also hope turbulence from the stinger forward of midpoint doesn't become an issue? Release at that point when drawing a line could be good - or bad. Plan shape is very curious. Hope you get some good testers. Punch out the feedback when you get it :!:
smnmntll wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:20 pm
You foaming spangoloids need to chill before you all do wetties on the carpet

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:21 am

board designed for better manouverability and mostly to be ridden from the tail so the flyers are mostly out of play during turns, but you can move forward and nose ride if you want, the flyers shouldnt do much when planing straight ( as I have learnt from my smaller versions that I ride daily ),
this theory suits longer boards more so than the shorter ones that are going very well for me ATM, not many game to try them but those who have have really enjoyed them....theory is similar to what KS is doin I guess but it wasnt influenced by him, actually did them before I knew of his deep 6 but there was many who did this stuff or similar before me.....it may be weird but it is always about function for me....I have testers lined up but they travel on the pro longboard tour alot and havent caught up recently, if I dont see them soon, just may have to have first crack myself.....the board is getting tons of interest in the shop and plenty want to ride it....it'll be at my next board testing day for sure.....alot of people want a longboard for when its tiny but they dont like the limited turning of such a longer length board, this allows them to have a board that catches everything but much MORE manouverability...testing will be interesting and feedback will be taken onboard to continue to improve this design...... 8)

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:39 pm

Me too. Please?
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:50 pm

next board testing Dat ev.unless it gets up there with Marcus and co earlier....

very surprised by the amount of interest in this puppy..... :shock: 8)

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:29 pm

The Otway is interested to see how it goes Mark. Have a little research for you to do see what you would make of a John Kelly Hydro board with modern fin set ups etc. ode one way back when..... it was bipolar sluggish but then would turn easily and accelerate unbelievably when you step forward.
Might be worth a revisit with modern profiles :)
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

sean--
barnacle

Post by sean-- » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:34 am

Nice bit of tail kick in it. A rocker pic would be good.